Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has happened to the Buccaneer Fan Base? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 26, 2012, 10:42:06 PM

Hell, for free tickets, I'll make the drive from Alaska, HA!

I liked the article, nice to see a few stats for the economy argument.  Also, I never quite realized the terrible PSL deal.  Back home in Texas, the PSL deal for the Jerry Dome was an up front one time HUGE fee, and when you decide not to buy the tickets anymore, bye bye PSL.  That lawsuit garbage definitely had to burn a lot of bridges.  Now I see more why so many people absolutely hate the Glazers.

Are you gold mining up there?  I like that gold rush show or whatever its called, watch it every week.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 26, 2012, 10:43:56 PM

was that the model they used for the 12 years of so of sell outs?   come on man, whining about attendance is beneath you

im not trying to whine, i just tire of the excuses.  its simple, there arent enough people in the Bay area that really care about the Bucs and enjoy live football.

there were enough who cared for 12+ years,

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 26, 2012, 11:10:36 PM

One thing that isn't mentioned is the unemployment rate is inaccurate. They only track people who receive benefits. After the benefits dry up they are no longer ' officially unemployed', even though they are.................officially unemployed. So, what was over 20% unemployment in 2010 is now just under 20%....not 8%. Also, the Tampa Bay area is a very low income area.

You think the guy working at Dunkin Donuts making $7 per hour is going to a game? No. Do the math. 7x40=280 minus taxes per week. People without good jobs in America are basically slaves who can't afford to go to any games of any type. They work to pay the bills and eat and have nothing left.   

Add in the fact that the Glazers didn't exactly cultivate this team the last few years, and the backhanded trick they pulled with raising ticket prices after the SB was foolish. They thought they could raise prices and eventually be in line with NY and NE as far as ticket prices in THIS market. That was foolish and greedy, and frankly, they get what they deserve. They tried to stick it to the fans, and they only stuck it to themselves. It's pure karma in view right now.

If they had those 15k pissed off fans back who were taken advantage of with the seat licenses the Glazers would be sitting pretty right now. But they aren't coming back. The fact that the local media blames the fans is what is really upsetting. I like the way this article outlines the real issues.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 27, 2012, 12:42:13 AM

Hell, for free tickets, I'll make the drive from Alaska, HA!

I liked the article, nice to see a few stats for the economy argument.  Also, I never quite realized the terrible PSL deal.  Back home in Texas, the PSL deal for the Jerry Dome was an up front one time HUGE fee, and when you decide not to buy the tickets anymore, bye bye PSL.  That lawsuit garbage definitely had to burn a lot of bridges.  Now I see more why so many people absolutely hate the Glazers.

Are you gold mining up there?  I like that gold rush show or whatever its called, watch it every week.
No AJ, I am a guide and a school teacher.  In the summer I guide tourists to the Davidson Glacier off of cruise ships.  Gold Rush Alaska is based out of the town I am in, though, and I taught at the school Parker Schnabel just graduated from.  Pretty nice kid all around, though I must admit to not watching the show.  If you ever make it up to Alaska, check out Haines, in Southeast.  Crazy thing about Alaska Time is that football starts at 9 AM.  After a big night on Saturday, it makes getting up in time to catch games pretty rough some times.  Eggs Bennies and Bloodies or Screwdrivers help, though.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What has happened to the Buccaneer Fan Base? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools