Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wright to be suspended 4 games (next 4 games) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 26, 2012, 09:16:02 PM

We're going to have to overhaul our secondary again this offseason.

Talib gone.

Wright and Barber likely gone.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 26, 2012, 09:38:59 PM

Talib gone.

Bradenton native, DRC in FA.
Tony Jefferson in the 2nd round.
Best CB available in the 3rd round(maybe Terry Hawthorne from Illinois)

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Ms Elam

Starter

#47 : November 27, 2012, 02:03:16 AM

Talib gone.

No corner in the first? Look what a free agent signing and a first round cb did for the cowboys secondary.  Rams essentially did the same thing signing Finnegan and drafting Jenkins.

I don't think the eagles are bringing back Aso. He's been a huge bust. They can either continue to over pay him, or resign DRC......

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 27, 2012, 02:20:31 AM

Talib gone.

No corner in the first? Look what a free agent signing and a first round cb did for the cowboys secondary.  Rams essentially did the same thing signing Finnegan and drafting Jenkins.

I don't think the eagles are bringing back Aso. He's been a huge bust. They can either continue to over pay him, or resign DRC......

DE in the first. Personally, I don't think that any of the projected first rd CBs are all that better than the ones in the second and third. Lets look at Mo Claiborne. Has he been decent as a rookie corner? Yea. Not outstanding though. You could make an argument that Leonard Johnson gives us more value as a UFA CB than what Claiborne would have brought, had we selected him at number 5. If you look at their play since Johnson has been getting PT the last month+, Johnson has actually outplayed Claiborne. 1st round DBs are a HUGE gamble. There are starting CBs all over the league that were selected after the first round. Just because the position is a glaring need, doesn't mean you reach for a guy when you could get a guy pretty much equal to his play in the 2nd-3rd-4th. We may have made the mistake of reaching for a safety, when we could have had one in the 2nd-3rd round that plays about the same..maybe better. I hope we don't make the same mistake at CB. Now if a super talented guy falls to us in the late teens, then ok...but looking at the players that could be available, there is waaaay too much DL talent to pass up for DBs that will be available in the next round.
: November 27, 2012, 02:25:09 AM chace1986

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#49 : November 27, 2012, 02:24:49 AM

According to Shefter, by losing his appeal and being suspended, all guarantees in Wrights deal have been voided.... which could cost him upwards of $9mil.

Time to cut the cord!!!

Just saw that too.

Cut him.
Dom is lucky. This allowed him to dodge a bullet. This was a bad signing. Now we can draft a corner and spend money on a corner in free agency! Never thought I'd be excited by a suspension if a buccaneer starter, this however is great news.

More savvy than lucky, IMO. Wouldn't surprise me if all of Dom's contracts are set up like that.

Pretty sure every GM in the league has the savvy to incorporate those kinds of clauses.

What would be savvy is not signing Eric Wright to that much money in the first place.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 27, 2012, 02:27:38 AM

According to Shefter, by losing his appeal and being suspended, all guarantees in Wrights deal have been voided.... which could cost him upwards of $9mil.

Time to cut the cord!!!

Just saw that too.

Cut him.
Dom is lucky. This allowed him to dodge a bullet. This was a bad signing. Now we can draft a corner and spend money on a corner in free agency! Never thought I'd be excited by a suspension if a buccaneer starter, this however is great news.

More savvy than lucky, IMO. Wouldn't surprise me if all of Dom's contracts are set up like that.

Pretty sure every GM in the league has the savvy to incorporate those kinds of clauses.

What would be savvy is not signing Eric Wright to that much money in the first place.

mmm...mmm...mmm. Oh sweet glorious truth, how great it is to see you again.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wright to be suspended 4 games (next 4 games) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools