Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ERIC WRIGHT SUSPENDED FOR ADDERRALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 26, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »

Once again PR is late with their post.

Late? Are you kidding? Next time I will walk out of the press conference to make sure to post on the boards. I question why you even bother to post on here with complete nonsense like this. Some of you on the red board never cease to amaze me. Hey how about checking Twitter. It was posted 10 seconds after it left Schiano's mouth.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #16 : November 26, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »

Late? Are you kidding? Next time I will walk out of the press conference to make sure to post on the boards. I question why you even bother to post on here with complete nonsense like this. Some of you on the red board never cease to amaze me. Hey how about checking Twitter. It was posted 10 seconds after it left Schiano's mouth.

Haha..... love it!!

-------------------------------------------------------

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 26, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »

Haha..... love it!!

Literally shaking my head...Late? I usually just let these things ride, but when it is utter nonsense I can't let it go. Feel free to private message me BucsFan X.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #18 : November 26, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »

I'm glad they had that written in his contract, Saving Grace for Dom, with the Pocket Centric Glazers.

I've never heard this confirmed....is this fact or assumption?

EDIT: Found these Shefter tweets

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
By being suspended four games this season, the guaranteed money in Bucs CB Eric Wright’s contract for next season is now null and void.

‏@AdamSchefter
Eric Wright will lose $1.7 million this season and he is scheduled to make $7.75 million next season. Suspension could cost him $9.45 mil.

Good job by Dominik.  There's usually some club protection language, but this one completely covered them for what is turning out to be a headache of a player

Put that money to good use (short term contract for Grimes?) and draft a CB in the first round.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

gillen033

Starter

« #19 : November 26, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »

Yes, please take the out this suspension gives us and cut ties with Wright after the season. The guy never even seems like he's into the game when he's out there, and it's not as if he's played particularly well this year. Maybe the injury has something to do with that, but who cares.

Are there any decent corners in free agency next year?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #20 : November 26, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »

I'd cut him now. No reason, even IF we sneak playoffs, to keep players that aren't playing. Injuries happen, but stupidity is NOT a reason not to play.

Make another example Schiano.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #21 : November 27, 2012, 12:51:51 AM »

I took up for the E. Wright signing, and now I'll gladly support the management again when they let him go.  It was too much money in the first place, and now Dom dodges a bullet by getting out while we can.  On the other hand, I wish Wright had played up to his pay, but plain and simple, he didn't.  Many of you called it (about his level of play anyway) when the signing first happened.  With CB needing so much attention, I hope we tweak the defense a little to make up for the lack of talent at that position. 

Also, to Mark, no need to explain defending yourself, we all get ticked at these trolls from time to time, and stand up against the non-sense occasionally.  No place in the world is free of d-bags, especially the Red Board.  Thanks for being eyes and ears in the pressers and locker rooms for those of us who do care.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #22 : November 27, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »

Some people just need something to complain about... and when they don't have anything, they invent it.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 27, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »

I'm curious about something...

Adderall is a medication for treating ADHD. So either Wright took this med without a script... or it was prescribed by his doctor.

Now why would anyone take Adderall if they don't have ADHD and have not been prescribed this medication?

Also, if he WAS prescribed this medication by his doctor, who is the NFL to punish him for taking it?
« : November 27, 2012, 10:09:11 AM Incognito »

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 27, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »

The thing I am confused about, I recall reading something where Wright said he took adderall for the health issue he had. What health issue requires you to take adderall besides ADD?

EDIT:

In a statement, Wright said he used the drug Adderall in July for "health issues I was experiencing." Adderall is on the NFL's list of banned drugs.
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000101476/

So again - what is a health issue that requires adderall other than ADD? I think the real question here is what was Wright's mystery illness? If it was something where he was prescribed adderall, I don't know if the team will bail on him, though for financial reasons they should. The illness was never leaked, which to me says it had to be something very personal.
« : November 27, 2012, 10:24:00 AM Bucs N Beers »

Incognito

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 27, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »

How can you BAN a necessary medication which treats a serious illness?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #26 : November 27, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »

Adderall is a medication for treating ADHD. So either Wright took this med without a script... or it was prescribed by his doctor.

Now why would anyone take Adderall if they don't have ADHD and have not been prescribed this medication?

Also, if he WAS prescribed this medication by his doctor, who is the NFL to punish him for taking it?

Heard someone on ESPN radio talking about this. If you take adderall when you don't need it, it makes you feel like Superman. They got caught.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #27 : November 27, 2012, 11:17:35 AM »

Haha..... love it!!

Literally shaking my head...Late? I usually just let these things ride, but when it is utter nonsense I can't let it go. Feel free to private message me BucsFan X.

You and your publisher have made it pretty clear on multiple occasions that your concern is accuracy over urgency. Don't let the idiots get under your skin.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #28 : November 27, 2012, 11:19:18 AM »

How can you BAN a necessary medication which treats a serious illness?

He didn't have a prescription to take it.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #29 : November 27, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

Heard someone on ESPN radio talking about this. If you take adderall when you don't need it, it makes you feel like Superman. They got caught.

I've taken adderall without a RX before. I wouldn't say you feel like Superman. But it's definitely like Red Bull x 20. I'll never use it while drinking again. I was able to stay awake and pound beers till 4am, falling all over myself without passing out. Then 4am hit, passed out standing up against a wall. Super hungover the next day, popped another adderall, hangover was gone in an hour.

Now, before I get called a druggie - I was drinking all day at a NASCAR race, wanted to make sure I was awake all day. That was the first and only time that happened.

As for actual medical uses, this is what I found on Wikipedia:
Apart from the FDA-approved indications for the treatment of ADHD and narcolepsy, Adderall has also been used off-label to manage cases of treatment-resistant depression, exogenous obesity, and alternate sleep cycle disorders.[11]

Maybe he had severe depression?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ERIC WRIGHT SUSPENDED FOR ADDERRALL « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools