Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ERIC WRIGHT SUSPENDED FOR ADDERRALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #30 : November 27, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »

Once again PR is late with their post.

Late? Are you kidding? Next time I will walk out of the press conference to make sure to post on the boards. I question why you even bother to post on here with complete nonsense like this. Some of you on the red board never cease to amaze me. Hey how about checking Twitter. It was posted 10 seconds after it left Schiano's mouth.

Haha..... love it!!

Literally shaking my head...Late? I usually just let these things ride, but when it is utter nonsense I can't let it go. Feel free to private message me BucsFan X.

You and your publisher have made it pretty clear on multiple occasions that your concern is accuracy over urgency. Don't let the idiots get under your skin.
Thank Morgan, for the record Schiano's press conference started at 3:17 ran close to 12 minutes, I tweeted it as he was speaking, then left the press conference, made a call to SR and then boarded it. I'm not really sure how much more efficient it could have been.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #31 : November 27, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »

Late? Are you kidding? Next time I will walk out of the press conference to make sure to post on the boards. I question why you even bother to post on here with complete nonsense like this. Some of you on the red board never cease to amaze me. Hey how about checking Twitter. It was posted 10 seconds after it left Schiano's mouth.

Haha..... love it!!

Literally shaking my head...Late? I usually just let these things ride, but when it is utter nonsense I can't let it go. Feel free to private message me BucsFan X.

You and your publisher have made it pretty clear on multiple occasions that your concern is accuracy over urgency. Don't let the idiots get under your skin.
Thank Morgan, for the record Schiano's press conference started at 3:17 ran close to 12 minutes, I tweeted it as he was speaking, then left the press conference, made a call to SR and then boarded it. I'm not really sure how much more efficient it could have been.
Mark, it sounds like you should get some Adderall from Wright, so you can get these updates to us even faster.  Just don't let the AP catch you. :P

In all seriousness, this is just a side effect of a prescription drug culture.  I am surprised it has taken this long to become a problem.  There are all sorts of pills for everything under the sun, and like any drug, if you want it, it is available to you, prescription or no.  A guy willing to risk his millions on this stuff is not a guy I want on my team.  As a person, I hope Wright doesn't suffer from some major issue, but if he does, then there are legal ways to go about your business, both with the doctors and the league.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #32 : November 27, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »

Haha..... love it!!

Mark, it sounds like you should get some Adderall from Wright, so you can get these updates to us even faster.  Just don't let the AP catch you. :P

In all seriousness, this is just a side effect of a prescription drug culture.  I am surprised it has taken this long to become a problem.  There are all sorts of pills for everything under the sun, and like any drug, if you want it, it is available to you, prescription or no.  A guy willing to risk his millions on this stuff is not a guy I want on my team.  As a person, I hope Wright doesn't suffer from some major issue, but if he does, then there are legal ways to go about your business, both with the doctors and the league.

BOTM, I don't think this is over yet. We don't know the true motivation of Wright using Adderall, but we do not he had a serious health scare earlier this year that still may be affecting him. If his attorneys can prove the Adderall was being used to treat the illness then I think the NFL could be in for a big fight. I'm no lawyer, but when someone is ill, and an employer doesn't allow a person to earn his paycheck, doesn't that possibly open up the door for some sort of disability/discrimination lawsuit? Now you are getting the federal government involved, the only thing that the NFL has a fear of. Like I said this may be far from over.

MC

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 27, 2012, 01:02:07 PM »

Haha..... love it!!

BOTM, I don't think this is over yet. We don't know the true motivation of Wright using Adderall, but we do not he had a serious health scare earlier this year that still may be affecting him. If his attorneys can prove the Adderall was being used to treat the illness then I think the NFL could be in for a big fight. I'm no lawyer, but when someone is ill, and an employer doesn't allow a person to earn his paycheck, doesn't that possibly open up the door for some sort of disability/discrimination lawsuit? Now you are getting the federal government involved, the only thing that the NFL has a fear of. Like I said this may be far from over.

MC

I want it to be over. So that Wright gets suspended and we are off the hook on his money. He doesn't deserve the contract he got from Dominik as it stands. We should have just signed Brandon Carr and drafted Claiborne and our secondary would be no where near as bad as it is, in my opinion.

Cut Wright, Sign a few free agent CBs, Draft a CB 1st and 2nd round and then move on.

He is a turd of a player and seems like a total PoS off the field.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #34 : November 27, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »

Wasn't Wright also arrested for DUI last summer and then the charges dropped?

He's like a mini-Talib. Kepps getting in trouble, keeps getting out of it.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 27, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »

I'm betting his mystery illness was something I like to call "post payday flu."

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #36 : November 27, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »

MC - I hear what you are saying, and will try to remain patient for the "rest of the story", but as a professional with that much at stake, I feel like Wright should have gotten the league exemption or whatever, if this is illness related.  Given his past history, it sounds like Wright is a great "excuse maker" and is able to wiggle out of trouble when caught in it.  If that is the case here, then it doesn't much sound like the Buccaneer Way.  Wright has a responsibility to a) take care of his body, a1) know what he is putting in his body, b) know the rules, as they apply to a and a1, and c) follow said rules.

The NFL allows adderall use in certain situations, and if legitimately needed, I am sure Wright could have received his exemption and would not have failed his appeal.  With that much money, not to mention reputation, at stake, I am sure Wright will fight this as much as possible, but I smell something fishy, and don't anticipate Wright being here next year.  We'll see, I guess.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #37 : November 27, 2012, 03:32:26 PM »

I don't disagree with anything you are saying.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #38 : November 27, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »

I guess it means even more opportunity to evaluate the other CBs on the roster.  Oh boy, Peyton here we come, fingers crossed.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #39 : November 27, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »

Anyone know if Wansley's available?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #40 : November 27, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »

Peyton is going to have a field day...regardless if Eric Wright was out there.

He sucks and was the worst signing of the year by far.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #41 : November 27, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »

MC - I hear what you are saying, and will try to remain patient for the "rest of the story", but as a professional with that much at stake, I feel like Wright should have gotten the league exemption or whatever, if this is illness related.  Given his past history, it sounds like Wright is a great "excuse maker" and is able to wiggle out of trouble when caught in it.  If that is the case here, then it doesn't much sound like the Buccaneer Way.  Wright has a responsibility to a) take care of his body, a1) know what he is putting in his body, b) know the rules, as they apply to a and a1, and c) follow said rules.

The NFL allows adderall use in certain situations, and if legitimately needed, I am sure Wright could have received his exemption and would not have failed his appeal.  With that much money, not to mention reputation, at stake, I am sure Wright will fight this as much as possible, but I smell something fishy, and don't anticipate Wright being here next year.  We'll see, I guess.
Yes, in all likelihood a player who previously got in trouble with a bunch of ecstasy and recently got popped for su**CENSORED**ion of DUI is taking known party drug Adderell to treat a "serious health scare".

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

« #42 : November 27, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »

Yes, in all likelihood a player who previously got in trouble with a bunch of ecstasy and recently got popped for su**CENSORED**ion of DUI is taking known party drug Adderell to treat a "serious health scare".

Most kids in college use adderrall for concentration on writing papers and studying. Its basically like speed.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : December 18, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »

Adderall-popping, suspension-serving Eric Wright returned to the Twitter universe after a long hiatus last week. And on Saturday, Wright, aka @EWrighteous21, wanted all 21,903 of his followers to know that he was all set for a lovely beach weekend with his wife, filled with beauty treatments, spectacular dining and ringing up his Visa card.

Hopefully, Wright found time to watch his Bucs brothers getting drilled in New Orleans.

@EWrighteous21 — Sometimes you just need a change of pace.. Taking @LaTanyaWright to Laguna for the weekend.. Spa weekend, shopping and good food #RelaxMode

Joe shouldn’t be surprised, but Joe can’t believe a suspended NFL player would be foolish and/or clueless enough to tell the world he needs “a change of pace” after he let his team down AND while he’s scheduled to return to said team in a matter of days.

That’s just bad judgment, one of Wright’s strengths.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=80433

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #44 : December 18, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »

^ idk about all that. At the end of the day it's just a ball game and I'm not going to worry about another grown mans family vacations.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ERIC WRIGHT SUSPENDED FOR ADDERRALL « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools