Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why we lost to the Falcons « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : November 26, 2012, 11:06:18 PM

I enjoy your writing, keep it up after every game, win or lose.

Also, idk what the pass/run ratio was, but it seems like they didn't run an awful lot in this game. It's gotta be a varied mix of the same value. Meaning, half and half, but changed enough they won't know the call. In this offense, the douginator sets up the pass and visa versa. I think something was amiss, or Schiano-sullivan drank too much of the freeman koolade.

Either way, they have to get tds when they get turnovers. FG's aren't going to win games against the Saints or falcons.

Falcons were stacking the box big time.  They were defitnitly worried about Dougie.  And even with that, he got 50 yards.  None of the Falcon backs even got that many yards.

Ya, "Dougie" had 50 yards on 21 carries for a whopping 2.38 ypc average.   Jz Rodgers of the Falcons had a measley 49 yards on 10 carries for a crappy 4.9 ypc average.    The Bucs really out did them there.

There's no doubt the Falcons were daring Freeman to beat them.    He didn't.   

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 26, 2012, 11:08:27 PM

7. Two plays later on 3rd and 6 Freeman hits Underwood on a crossing route. Underwood goes out short of the 1st down marker but appears to stretch out the ball past the marker. No challenge. Punt.

I was screaming for them to challenge. It was clearly a first down, IMO.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 26, 2012, 11:35:53 PM

No it wasn't. Underwood didn't stretch out his arms until AFTER he landed.

JDoub, nice fantasy writing, but A LOT OF IT has been "shot down" by reality.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 26, 2012, 11:39:28 PM

Use CAPS all you want. I disagree.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : November 26, 2012, 11:49:21 PM

Schiano could have challenged that had he wanted.   He knew it was the right call.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 26, 2012, 11:52:40 PM

Use CAPS all you want. I disagree.

Wanna bet a $50 gift card?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2012, 12:03:23 AM

7. Two plays later on 3rd and 6 Freeman hits Underwood on a crossing route. Underwood goes out short of the 1st down marker but appears to stretch out the ball past the marker. No challenge. Punt.

I was screaming for them to challenge. It was clearly a first down, IMO.

Saw the play again today. He was short, not by much, but short.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 27, 2012, 12:08:39 AM

4. At the 10:00 mark in the 3rd quarter Martin gets a handoff with great blocking and it looks like it's going to be a big time run....but his head is yanked back by an obvious face mask. No flag.

Wasn't a facemask. Looked like it a first but it was his jersey.

Wasn't a first down.
8. First Falcon possession of the 4th, Biggers gets a sack fumble and we take over on their side of the field. We go three and out because of two dropped passes. One by Stocker and one by Underwood. The refs also missed a clear defensive player that jumped early. We settle for a FG yet again.

Wasn't offsides. Close but no.

10. Same drive, we stop them and force a FG....but the refs call a bullsh!t holding call on Ahmad Black on 3rd down so the Falcons get a fresh set of downs and get the TD.

It was a penalty. I don't know if it's a penalty that should be called in the middle of the 4th qtr on 3rd down in a 6 point game, but a penalty none the less.

12. We get the ball back with :08 left on the clock and no time outs. Our only chance is to throw on pass for 20 to 25 yards and get out of bounds so we can attempt a FG....but Freeman throws a 5 yard pass to the TE which takes the clock down to :03. Very stupid. Now our only option is a Hail Mary which fails.

Oh you think a guy was going just to get open 20-25 yards downfield and get out of bounds? Better chance of getting a hail mary.

Bottom line is the Falcons have better players than us and made more plays in critical situations. And Sheridan is from the abyss.

All of your counterpoints are spot on...that's the way I saw the game too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 27, 2012, 08:11:15 AM

i gotta say, that #10 point...the call on ahmad black was about as tickytack as ive seen.  i was watching from my cpu so i might have missed it, but i didnt see a grab/hold, and i certainly didnt see the WR's jersey being tugged.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2012, 08:54:46 AM

i gotta say, that #10 point...the call on ahmad black was about as tickytack as ive seen.  i was watching from my cpu so i might have missed it, but i didnt see a grab/hold, and i certainly didnt see the WR's jersey being tugged.

It was ticky tacky and on the previous drive, Asante Samuel had way more contact with Mike Williams in the endzone but there was no call. Gotta be consistent.

On top of that the ball appeared to be thrown away and was not even catchable.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why we lost to the Falcons « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools