Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson....."I certainly could have tackled him'' « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 27, 2012, 06:51:14 PM

The main problem I see with Johnson is that he tries to tackle with his arms. This is the NFL and unless you are pretty strong in the arms, WRs are going to break those tackles.

He might have been able to sling people down in college but it rarely happens up here unless they are off balance to begin with.

Also if you are going to play in the WR's face, don't just let him run by you without even touching him.

Just don't be like LaQuan Lewis and run 30 yards down field before the snap...LOL incredible!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 27, 2012, 07:01:48 PM

You shouldn't have been left on an island like that.

he had help from barber?

Barber is probably the worst deep safety in the entire NFL. He always overruns plays and gets burned deep. He should always be closer to the LOS to utilize his talents....which is jumping short to intermediate routes.

I'd much rather have Black, or Barron playing deep.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

themerchantoftruth

Practice Squad

#17 : November 27, 2012, 07:35:43 PM

The guy is an undrafted rookie playing way above his pay grade, give him a break. It's not like Aqib never got toasted like that when he was here. Head up Leonard.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 27, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

Is Leonard talking about "The Julio Jones Play" or "The Dontario Alexander Play"?

~ there's a SLAM in there somewhere ~

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

Is Leonard talking about "The Julio Jones Play" or "The Dontario Alexander Play"?

~ there's a SLAM in there somewhere ~

The police need to bring a rape-kit and look for Jj's and DA's DNA.It's almost like they gave "daps" and took turns.

Poor Johnson though. It's tough to have a name after male genitals, but then actally play football like he has a vagina.

I'm sure he, like the rest of us, feel like they've been kicked in the nuts after this loss. Dude was so clearly out matched that it almost wasn't fair. Sucks to be him.You know what though... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's better than Lewis. Still, that just lets us know how badly in need of a good corner Tampa is.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#20 : November 28, 2012, 06:14:38 AM

Most NFL teams have moved to a pass-first run second offense awhile ago. The NFL has promoted a passing league by protecting QBs and WRs. It's not about them taking advantage of the Bucs' weakness.

So what your saying is....any of the teams that have burned us and beat us by throwing probably 70% of the time aren't doing it because we are one of the worst pass defenses I've ever seen. They are doing it because the NFL is a passing league???  I think nearly everybody on this site would more than likely disagree with you.  It's not a coincidence that we have the worst pass D in the league.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 28, 2012, 07:09:34 AM

The police need to bring a rape-kit and look for Jj's and DA's DNA.It's almost like they gave "daps" and took turns.

Poor Johnson though. It's tough to have a name after male genitals, but then actally play football like he has a vagina.

I'm sure he, like the rest of us, feel like they've been kicked in the nuts after this loss. Dude was so clearly out matched that it almost wasn't fair. Sucks to be him.You know what though... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's better than Lewis. Still, that just lets us know how badly in need of a good corner Tampa is.

get a clue.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leonard Johnson....."I certainly could have tackled him'' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools