Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rule clarification « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs2k3

Practice Squad

: November 27, 2012, 01:52:34 AM

I was wondering if someone could help me understand why the line of scrimmage changed after the Bucs missing the go ahead field goal in the 4th quarter. The ball was snapped from the 38 yard line making it a 56 yard field goal. As we all painfully recall, the kick was short. Atlanta then took over possession but the line of scrimmage moved to the 46 yard line i.e. the spot where the ball was actually kicked from. The same thing happened after Matt Bryant missed the FG at the end. Is this a new rule as I have never seen/heard it before?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 27, 2012, 02:18:03 AM

It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 27, 2012, 03:18:01 AM

Always from the spot of the kick

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 27, 2012, 03:26:48 AM

You get the ball from where the ball is kicked from if its missed

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : November 27, 2012, 05:32:30 AM

I was wondering if someone could help me understand why the line of scrimmage changed after the Bucs missing the go ahead field goal in the 4th quarter. The ball was snapped from the 38 yard line making it a 56 yard field goal. As we all painfully recall, the kick was short. Atlanta then took over possession but the line of scrimmage moved to the 46 yard line i.e. the spot where the ball was actually kicked from. The same thing happened after Matt Bryant missed the FG at the end. Is this a new rule as I have never seen/heard it before?
don't feel bad - I'm a casual fan and never realized that.

bucshot420

Starter

#5 : November 27, 2012, 11:19:10 AM

I think it was changed back in 93-94.  It was the same year  they changed the kickoff from the 35 yard line to the 30.  and were also toying with the idea of changing field goal points depending on how long the attempt was.  Glad they never passed that rule.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rule clarification « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools