Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who can honestly say at week one we had a shot to beat Denver in week 13? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 27, 2012, 05:32:01 PM

Hopefully we can play ball control offense and hold them to FGs on their drives and maybe get a few lucky turnovers.

I'm fully expecting this to be a loss though. Probably the only game this year that we don't lead or tie in the 4th.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 27, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Schiano has the inside scoop on Peyton Manning thanks to Bill Belicheck. Expect Manning to throw 3 INT's this Sunday

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 27, 2012, 05:55:52 PM

Schiano has these guys very focused.  They went to Minny on a short week and won.  They went out West and won.  The crowd was loud at both of those games.  These were things that really affected the team in the past. This game is winnable if they play a good game and the pass rush shows up.  With less of a running game we know what Manning is going to do. 

Badabingnrt

Starter

#18 : November 27, 2012, 09:03:02 PM

I didn't think the Broncos were going to be as good as they are.  Manning didn't miss a beat.

That being said, we need our offense to continue to play well.  We will have to score in the 30s if we want to win...unless Manning has an "off" game but that may have been last week against the Chiefs.

The only good thing we got going is that the Broncos are due for a loss and we need the game more than them.  Let's see how this team plays with their backs against the wall.

As we obviously need a Buc win, a Saints and Seahawks loss can be just as good!

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 27, 2012, 10:23:19 PM

We have zero chances of beating Manning. Palmer, Ryan, Rivers have chewed us to pieces. What do you think Peyton will do? Eli went for 500+.....I think Peyton could end up with 600+. Plus they have a good defense and were playing in their house. I almost don't even want to watch. I love my team but I have zero faith in this pass D right now. Very frustrating because I think with even an average pass D we could be a Super Bowl contender right now.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 27, 2012, 10:28:11 PM

If Peyton gets to be on the field all day and throw 50+ times he will pick us apart.

If our run game is effective and we get TDs instead of FGs....then we can win. We need long clock eating drives that end in touchdowns.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2012, 10:42:41 PM

If Peyton gets to be on the field all day and throw 50+ times he will pick us apart.

If our run game is effective and we get TDs instead of FGs....then we can win. We need long clock eating drives that end in touchdowns.

Yeah I watched the first half of the Broncos vs Chiefs game and the Chiefs were in control of the game, but just couldn't fully capitalize on their opportunities.

They really established the run game, and took a lot of time off the block. Brady Quinn didn't even pass the ball once during their first drive. They were running for like 5 a pop, and got deep into Broncos territory, then ruined their drive with some poorly executed RB pass. Then they caused a turnover. Then they had to settle for another FG. Then they caused another turnover. The Broncos only scored with a couple of seconds left on the clock in the first half.

If we could do something like that, and come away with TDs instead of FGs, then we have a shot at winning the game.

One thing that stuck out to me was that Peyton's throws seemed pretty weak compared to earlier in the season. He had an interception just because he threw a lame duck into double coverage, a pass that his former self would have made pretty easily. Obviously he can still carve us up, but I don't see him having a game like his brother did against us. He's just going to methodically find the quick, easy, open route against us and pick us apart.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 27, 2012, 10:50:13 PM

if peyton has to throw 50+ times his arm will fall off.  i hope he tries to throw it that often.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 27, 2012, 10:51:12 PM

We have zero chances of beating Manning. Palmer, Ryan, Rivers have chewed us to pieces. What do you think Peyton will do? Eli went for 500+.....I think Peyton could end up with 600+. Plus they have a good defense and were playing in their house. I almost don't even want to watch. I love my team but I have zero faith in this pass D right now. Very frustrating because I think with even an average pass D we could be a Super Bowl contender right now.

who cares if he throws for 700+ if we are in it at the end? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2012, 11:32:16 PM

^THIS!!!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 27, 2012, 11:36:18 PM

What if we have an awesome game plan somehow and biggers plays like Darrelle Revis?

Lmao, ok back to reality... Manning is going to do his thing. The question is, can josh match it?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 28, 2012, 12:02:14 AM

Our defense has picked off almost every QB we've faced, the question is can we capitalize on the turnovers?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 28, 2012, 12:08:50 AM

I'm more concerned with Denvers pass rush than I am with Peyton. I mean, it's definitely possible that Peyton could just destroy our secondary and have a career day....but honestly I don't think he is 100%. He is as smart and accurate as ever, but his throws seem to float and flutter. There just isn't much heat there. I can see him fading as the season wears on.

To those that don't know, Denver leads the league with 37 sacks.

I think we stand a good chance if we run the ball really well, but if we get into a situation where Freeman is throwing every snap.....they will eat this o-line up and Freeman will be be horrible. Sack/fumbles, interceptions, 3 and outs.....these are the things that will put Peyton on the field and have us playing catch up. If it goes like that we are in for a long embarrassing day. That's why I say use Blount along with Martin and run the ball 50 times this Sunday.

However....the Broncos are ranked 2nd in the league in yards allowed per carry, 8th in points allowed, and 4th overall.....yikes!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 28, 2012, 01:54:19 AM

This season has had more than it's share of freaky games where teams were given no chance, yet they dominated. It defies logic but it happens. Our offense is one of the best in the league. Get used to it. The Bucs are not double digit underdogs to Denver or anyone else. They can win this game but they have to stick with the run more than they did last week. That's the key. We can't let Denver focus in on Freeman.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 28, 2012, 08:13:07 AM

We ran the ball 21 times last week....Atlanta just filled the box and dominated our O-line.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who can honestly say at week one we had a shot to beat Denver in week 13? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools