Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 11/25/12 vs. Falcons: Analysis of the complete misuse of Gerald McCoy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 27, 2012, 08:19:13 PM

The fact that the coaching staff thinks we are better off dropping him into zone coverage than watching him play patty-cake with opposing guards on 3rd down should tell you something .

It does. It tells me that there was a reason that the Giants let go of Sheridan so quickly.

+1

Losing confidence in Sheridan as the games progress.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 28, 2012, 09:14:32 AM

Good stuff Chace!

Need that nose tackle to chew up a couple of blockers for the under tackle.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 28, 2012, 09:50:02 AM

Good post chace. There's no doubt our pass rush needs to be more effective and we need to get McCoy to the Qb more.

This guy...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 28, 2012, 02:19:50 PM

The fact that the coaching staff thinks we are better off dropping him into zone coverage than watching him play patty-cake with opposing guards on 3rd down should tell you something .

It does. It tells me that there was a reason that the Giants let go of Sheridan so quickly.
+1

Losing confidence in Sheridan as the games progress.

I could honestly see a "one and done" scenario with him.

Tim Tomsula could be a candidate for DC.
: November 28, 2012, 02:21:45 PM chace1986

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : November 28, 2012, 04:33:04 PM

Tim's a good option, but I think Jim Tomsula might be a little better.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 28, 2012, 05:35:09 PM

Tim's a good option, but I think Jim Tomsula might be a little better.

lol. good catch.

...yea Tim is the classic underachieving younger brother with much more upside, that just needs to be given a shot...lol
: November 28, 2012, 05:45:39 PM chace1986

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#51 : November 28, 2012, 05:44:48 PM

chace -- thanks for posting. That's good stuff

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 28, 2012, 06:49:42 PM

....and there's a reason you're sitting on a message board cherry-picking still-shots instead of actually coaching a team.

Any coach will gladly do a straight up 4 man rush every play if they can bring pressure that way , because it makes everything else 100X easier. We can't. We need to draft some real pass rushers . Period.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 28, 2012, 07:41:08 PM

....and there's a reason you're sitting on a message board cherry-picking still-shots instead of actually coaching a team.

Any coach will gladly do a straight up 4 man rush every play if they can bring pressure that way , because it makes everything else 100X easier. We can't. We need to draft some real pass rushers . Period.

Lol at cherry-picking. I posted both negative and positive shots of GMC. It's becoming fairly obvious that you are going to take issue with anything that doesn't bash "girly man". I have no problem admitting that GMC lacks versatility, but I'm not going to sit here and say that he sucks or is a busted pick. He has been a good player for us this year. I feel that most objective posters here would agree.

Get cute with the other 3 DLmen, but not GMC. It's wasting the one thing he can do really well.

I do agree that we need pass rushers.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 28, 2012, 07:55:16 PM

Whats the difference?  They are not getting pressure with the "we are trickier than you" schemes.

Might as well just rush them straight up.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 28, 2012, 09:57:03 PM

Whats the difference?  They are not getting pressure with the "we are trickier than you" schemes.

Might as well just rush them straight up.

We do on many plays , and it doesn't work either.

Face it , you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t. We need players.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 11/25/12 vs. Falcons: Analysis of the complete misuse of Gerald McCoy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools