Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles release DE Jason Babin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 27, 2012, 03:27:03 PM

Well we can't fix our terrible secondary this year but he would certainly help our anemic pass rush. Sign me up.
Since when has Dominik addressed any problem we have had on Defense this year?

Its par for the course. I honestly doubt we get ZERO help.

I'm beginning to think you're serious.....

He really cleaned up that secondary by signing Eric Wright and allowing EJ Biggers to be put into a starters role. Oh not to mention every other scrub in the league playing corner for us.

We don't have a SINGLE...I mean SINGLE #1 or #2 CB on our roster. PERIOD.

Honestly surprised how close the game was considering how trash our secondary is.

Ms Elam

Starter

#16 : November 27, 2012, 03:29:49 PM

Please Dom.. This is a blessing from the football Gods
Lol I said the exact same thing yesterday when I heard that Wrights contract was void!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 27, 2012, 03:31:55 PM

I realize that the board jumps on just about any well known name released like they are the second coming.....but in this case we really should try to sign Babin. The guy is a great 4-3 DE. He was cut because the Eagles are at a point now where they need to play their younger guys to see what they have....and he probably had an argument with the coaching staff. He wasn't cut because he is bad though. He had several tackles, two hits on the QB, and a sack last night verse the Panthers. He's old and not a long term answer, but he could really help us out and provide that speed rusher we lack this season. I sure hope Dom tries his best to sign him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 27, 2012, 03:32:13 PM

anyone taking into account his entire career?  whats his story?  and why was he cut?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 27, 2012, 03:32:21 PM

Well we can't fix our terrible secondary this year but he would certainly help our anemic pass rush. Sign me up.

He really cleaned up that secondary by signing Eric Wright and allowing EJ Biggers to be put into a starters role. Oh not to mention every other scrub in the league playing corner for us.

Honestly surprised how close the game was considering how trash our secondary is.

Id say they are doing better than I thought they would when we traded Talib away and Wright has been missing time. Plus that 4th rounder will help us in the draft next April. Dom is doing alright with the moves. He is gonna have to focus a lot on that defense this offseason if they want to improve it though. Theres really only so much you can do in the reg season.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 27, 2012, 03:32:46 PM

Well we cut Talib who was our #1 corner.

When Healthy Eric Wright was a decent #2 and very good slot corner, not healthy he isn't very good.

We signed Barron in the offseason as safety thinking he could step in and immediately impact the run defense and pass defense. Well he has impacted the run game, he's still learning on the passing defense.

We moved Ronde to Safety and he has been our biggest playmaker so far.

I'm not sure what more you want. Talib blew his last chance and was sent packing. Wright is hurt and now suspended. Biggers is still biggers. There was never anyone available at corner that was worth anything. Some could say there was only a guy or two in preseason free agency that was worth anything. He can't make Deion Sanders appear out of thin air. You have to draft them or sign them in FA. There wasn't one in FA so he did the best he could and MoMo Claiborne doesn't seem to be playing much better in the pass defense than Barron has lately. So again, I'm not sure what you want to happen here. You should be blaming Talib for getting canned and feeling like we're missing an opportunity that Eric Wright is hurt/suspended.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 27, 2012, 03:33:13 PM

awitron

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 27, 2012, 03:33:28 PM

With Eric Wright suspended nect 4 games we dont even have a #3 corner on this roster. As much as I like Leonard Johnson and think he was a steal, he would be a dime back on just about any other team in the league at best.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 27, 2012, 03:33:43 PM

I do agree though Bucfan, we're doing well considering we have 2 UDFA starting at corner.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2012, 03:35:17 PM

With a playoff run in our sights, he better try his hardest to get a pass rusher to help this team out.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 27, 2012, 03:36:09 PM

Jason Laconfora believes Namdi could be next.... huge contract, but when you save all that money from Eric wright.... could be interesting.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

And if I'm the Eagles and I'm going this route, I'd start the bloodletting by floating the Nnamdi contract on waivers and letting him go

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 27, 2012, 03:36:18 PM

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#27 : November 27, 2012, 03:36:57 PM

With a playoff run in our sights, he better try his hardest to get a pass rusher to help this team out.

+1

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 27, 2012, 03:37:29 PM

anyone taking into account his entire career?  whats his story?  and why was he cut?

Apparently nobody cares that Babin is one of the worst DEs in the league against the run, he is only a gimmick player out of the Wide 9 system and is having a woeful year after a great year last year. He's also regarded as a locker-room cancer by Eagles fans and reporters. Not sure Dom would go for him.

vbucs

Practice Squad

#29 : November 27, 2012, 03:37:52 PM

Sign him up. But doesn't he have to clear waivers? I doubt he makes it to our waiver claim if that's the case.

Yeah he still does...that will go in order of worst record to best,
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles release DE Jason Babin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools