Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

: November 27, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Looking at how putrid this defense is, it really makes me wonder how much of a problem the defense is? I mean his track record at NY didn't last very long and he gave up a ton of points (like he is here)

Our secondary is pretty bad...no argument there...but our front 7 is the best run defense in the league.

Now do you believe that if we gave Sheridan some pieces to work with next year in the backfield and up front, we could see a top 10 D for Run and Pass?

I just feel as if Sheridan could remain a spotty defensive coordinator given the circumstances. Is it on him entirely or just the fact we have such a weak secondary?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 27, 2012, 03:25:42 PM

I thought you just said Dom was the problem, or Bowers or something. I don't think even you know what you're talking about.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 27, 2012, 03:28:19 PM

I thought you just said Dom was the problem, or Bowers or something. I don't think even you know what you're talking about.

I didn't say Bowers was the problem you mongoloid. I just said I don't see him being a 10+ sack guy. And given how weak our DL is all around at rushing the passer...its not a hard realization to come to.

Wesmon

Second String

#3 : November 27, 2012, 03:30:09 PM

I think it is the lack of talent. Sheridan definitely has a style he likes to play, and it isn't quite suited for our players. But our players, especially on the D line and in the secondary, are sub-par for any style of play. I am willing to give Sheridan the benefit of the doubt and would like to see him back next year with some more talent to run his scheme.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 27, 2012, 03:31:35 PM

We don't have the talent at corner to make any system work. We got #3 and #4 corners playing as if they were 1's and 2's.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 27, 2012, 03:33:50 PM

His scheme sucks so yes. Dropping DE's in coverage and running these stunts aren't working.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 27, 2012, 03:35:47 PM

I believe it's Schiano's scheme

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 27, 2012, 03:36:16 PM

I didn't say Bowers was the problem you mongoloid. I just said I don't see him being a 10+ sack guy. And given how weak our DL is all around at rushing the passer...its not a hard realization to come to.

Bowers is the best pass rushing defensive lineman on this team if he's healthy. You wrote him off based on two sacks in 4 games as a rotational player still rehabbing his Achilles.  Really think Jason Babin would help?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#8 : November 27, 2012, 03:37:03 PM

This is one of the more interesting story lines from this season.  With it being first year and given the shape of the secondary, I think Sheridan is back next year.  That said, the D needs to show major improvement.  I think this scheme is always going to be a bit exposed against the pass, but with higher quality corners, and improved safety play from both Barron and Ronde (or his replacement) I think it is a winning formula.   We have to improve in the secondary, and we have to get more pressure on the QB.  Many people have criticized the stunts, but I remember some good stunting in the glory days, and plenty of other teams do it well in this league.  We either need to tweak the scheme, or get the players to fit it.

I also think that making some different defensive calls in-game will help too.  Late in games, we should probably use more cover two schemes, when teams are going to be throwing more to catch up.  The #1 run D is great, but we don't need to stop the run on every play.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 27, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Bowers is the best pass rushing defensive lineman on this team if he's healthy. You wrote him off based on two sacks in 4 games as a rotational player still rehabbing his Achilles.  Really think Jason Babin would help?

More so then Bowers? Yes.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 27, 2012, 03:38:11 PM

His scheme sucks so yes. Dropping DE's in coverage and running these stunts aren't working.
He would have to drop DE's in coverage if we had starting caliber corners to go with Biggers and LJ.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 27, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

I believe it's Schiano's scheme
Schiano doesn't call for the stunts and dropping DE's in coverage. Is that a play to run? Yeah but that doesn't mean stunt and drop DE's in coverage as much as you want.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 27, 2012, 03:38:48 PM

He would have to drop DE's in coverage if we had starting caliber corners to go with Biggers and LJ.
The DE's in coverage do nothing for this pass defense.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 27, 2012, 03:43:47 PM

The DE's in coverage do nothing for this pass defense.
Our corners in coverage do nothing for our pass defense also. He has to try every trick in the bag.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 27, 2012, 03:52:43 PM

He's got the #1 rushing defense. So he's doing one thing right.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools