Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 27, 2012, 03:54:01 PM

His scheme sucks so yes. Dropping DE's in coverage and running these stunts aren't working.
He would have to drop DE's in coverage if we had starting caliber corners to go with Biggers and LJ.
The DE's in coverage do nothing for this pass defense.
Our corners in coverage do nothing for our pass defense also. He has to try every trick in the bag.

We can't stop a team from getting a first down on 3rd and long with only 3 pass rushers...

This is a personnel issue but at the same time the playcalling is pretty suspect as well.

I would say its 50/50.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 27, 2012, 03:55:11 PM

His scheme sucks so yes. Dropping DE's in coverage and running these stunts aren't working.
He would have to drop DE's in coverage if we had starting caliber corners to go with Biggers and LJ.
Our corners in coverage do nothing for our pass defense also. He has to try every trick in the bag.

We can't stop a team from getting a first down on 3rd and long with only 3 pass rushers...

This is a personnel issue but at the same time the playcalling is pretty suspect as well.

I would say its 50/50.
That I can agree with

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 27, 2012, 04:13:26 PM

We don't have the talent at corner to make any system work. We got #3 and #4 corners playing as if they were 1's and 2's.

That isn't true.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#18 : November 27, 2012, 04:14:52 PM

Oh, but it is.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 27, 2012, 04:28:09 PM

We don't have the talent at corner to make any system work. We got #3 and #4 corners playing as if they were 1's and 2's.

That isn't true.
How it is not?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 27, 2012, 04:35:54 PM

Biggers could be a good #2 if he had any kind of ball location ability. It would also benefit him to be a bit bigger. If he could somehow get away with doing "adderall" I would be in favour of it.

Johnson could be a good #3 if he were a consistent tackler.

We're just missing a real #1.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2012, 04:43:34 PM

Enough with the could be's, we need a CB that actually is.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 27, 2012, 04:47:01 PM

Yeah, your comparing a DE to a CB. Lets see CB's that have many reps since college of playing pass D vs a DE/DT that NEVER dropped in coverage before until now? Makes complete sense......

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 27, 2012, 04:49:26 PM

Yeah, your comparing a DE to a CB. Lets see CB's that have many reps since college of playing pass D vs a DE/DT that NEVER dropped in coverage before until now? Makes complete sense......
All I'm saying is I can't blame him for trying everything.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 27, 2012, 07:39:46 PM

I thought you just said Dom was the problem, or Bowers or something. I don't think even you know what you're talking about.

I didn't say Bowers was the problem you mongoloid. I just said I don't see him being a 10+ sack guy. And given how weak our DL is all around at rushing the passer...its not a hard realization to come to.

Pardon my french, but how the hell is Bowers supposed to be a '10 SACK GUY' with less than a handful of games under his belt? What do you base your opinions off of, dust? The guy played a small portion of last season and a small portion of this season and has done pretty damn well in that span considering he SHOULD STILL BE ON IR at this point.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 27, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

This just goes to show how bad Morris was.  His claim to fame was DBs.  We did and now have one of the worst secondaries in the league.  Now the Redskins are one of the worst in the league.  Right next to the Bucs. Morris handpicked many of the young guys with Dom.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 27, 2012, 07:58:38 PM

I thought you just said Dom was the problem, or Bowers or something. I don't think even you know what you're talking about.

I didn't say Bowers was the problem you mongoloid. I just said I don't see him being a 10+ sack guy. And given how weak our DL is all around at rushing the passer...its not a hard realization to come to.

Bowers is the best pass rushing defensive lineman on this team if he's healthy. You wrote him off based on two sacks in 4 games as a rotational player still rehabbing his Achilles.  Really think Jason Babin would help?

At this point Bennett > Bowers as individual pass rushers....although the spin move Bowers pulled that helped contribute to the Barber pick, gave me a slight erection....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#27 : November 27, 2012, 08:26:47 PM

I hope its his problem and not Schiano's schemes...because that's going to be a much tougher one to fix.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 27, 2012, 08:51:05 PM

All I'm saying is I can't blame him for trying everything.

lol, I'm pretty sure your wasting your time, but I agree.   The personnel at CB is pretty damn bad.   Sheridan may be the worst DC ever (although Raheem would definitely be in the running), but it's tough to question trying anything and everything to slow down the opposing passing games.  We're not the only team to drop linemen into coverage.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 27, 2012, 09:05:50 PM

Biggers could be a good #2 if he had any kind of ball location ability. It would also benefit him to be a bit bigger.

So what you're saying is that if Biggers had a better skillset and was a different human being physically he'd be a better player.

Hmmmmmm........

....maybe.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools