Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#30 : November 28, 2012, 01:59:32 PM

Since Schiano was hired somewhat late and his options for assistants were limited, what are the odds we switch D coordinators after this year?

awitron

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 28, 2012, 02:06:11 PM

He's got the #1 rushing defense. So he's doing one thing right.

Huh? The run D has been stout, improved from years past, but we dont even have the #1 rush defense in the NFC. Currently 3rd in the NFC.

And with the offense scoring as it is and our deficiencies in the secondary, teams get stuck passing against us. This defense overall is below average, who cares what the run D is in todays NFL, if you cant stop anyone from passing, you will be clawing to win every game like this team has been stuck doing so.

Sheridan was the one guy Schiano brought in that was clear to me that hes just all thats available. I personally believe he will be fired after this season and Schiano goes after a coach from one of the staffs that are getting an overhaul around the league, which right now looks like it could be 6-8 teams.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 28, 2012, 02:09:03 PM

Since Schiano was hired somewhat late and his options for assistants were limited, what are the odds we switch D coordinators after this year?

I think the odds are pretty good.

Interesting idea would be to see if we could get Rex Ryan to come to Tampa....if he gets canned.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 28, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

Yea they need to find somebody who knows what they are doing. Sheridan and Schiano arent getting it done.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 28, 2012, 02:10:57 PM

Interesting idea would be to see if we could get Rex Ryan to come to Tampa....if he gets canned.

Well its an interesting idea for sure. I just dont see a fit. Too much drama surrounding that guy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 28, 2012, 02:14:25 PM

Well its an interesting idea for sure. I just dont see a fit. Too much drama surrounding that guy.

Would be a good pick up as a DC, IMO. To quote "hate",  "just keep the mic away from him"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 28, 2012, 02:20:09 PM

If the Cardinals end up firing Whisenhunt, his DC Ray Horton would be an excellent pick up. **CENSORED** Jauron in Cleveland fits our personnel very well. Definitely would not mind Romeo Crennel as a defensive coordinator. Regardless, there are going to be significantly better options this offseason then when Sheridan was chosen.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 28, 2012, 02:29:32 PM

Would be a good pick up as a DC, IMO. To quote "hate",  "just keep the mic away from him"

Thats the thing. If he came here would he bring that circus with him? Our team doesnt need that. As a DC he would be out of the spotlight more and would be focusing on his job more. It could work. He does know his defense at this level, cant argue that. 

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#38 : November 28, 2012, 02:37:40 PM

Is Ryan a 4-3 guy?

I don't know, I say save the drama for yo mamma.  There are plenty of good DC guys out there who don't have that stigma against them.  To me, the guy is an ass.

The other question is who out there fits the kind of D Schaino wants to run, or is he open to different ideas.  At this point, I could see it going either way with Sheridan as far as one more year.  Obviously we need better talent on that side of the ball, but if we don't see improved pass rush over these last 5 games, then I say lets try someone new.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 28, 2012, 04:42:49 PM

Huh? The run D has been stout, improved from years past, but we dont even have the #1 rush defense in the NFC. Currently 3rd in the NFC.

where are you getting your numbers?  #1 Rushing Defense, #1 YPC Def, #18 Scoring Def, #32 Passing Defense is what I see.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 28, 2012, 04:55:14 PM

If the Cardinals end up firing Whisenhunt, his DC Ray Horton would be an excellent pick up. **CENSORED** Jauron in Cleveland fits our personnel very well. Definitely would not mind Romeo Crennel as a defensive coordinator. Regardless, there are going to be significantly better options this offseason then when Sheridan was chosen.

Do not forget Ron Rivera who will most likely get the axe in Carolina.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 28, 2012, 05:07:08 PM

Do not forget Ron Rivera who will most likely get the axe in Carolina.
Oh no..

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : November 28, 2012, 05:15:40 PM

He's got the #1 rushing defense. So he's doing one thing right.

Not quite sure what you're talking about.  The Bucs have the #1 rush defense in not just the NFC, but the entire NFL.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Bill Sheridan the problem? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools