Boards > College Football Board

FSU Just Lost Mark Stoops

<< < (2/4) > >>

GameTime:
you guys were right about stoops..that didnt take long.

dark uncle:
Congrats to Stoops, he earned it.  Hope he makes Kentucky more than an afterthought in football. 

Fisher saying "This is where I want to be" with Sexton as his agent makes me nervous.  If I was Fisher, I would take my 10-win season and make a play for a school with deeper pockets and a larger booster club. Having to replace Stoops and play UF and Clemson on the road next season makes it tough to repeat this success.

John Galt?:

--- Quote from: dark uncle on November 27, 2012, 05:56:31 PM ---If I was Fisher, I would take my 10-win season and make a play for a school with deeper pockets and a larger booster club.

--- End quote ---

HUH????

What school has deeper pockets and a bigger booster club that is in need of a new HC???  Not to mention the best recruiting territory is in your back yard. Unless USC or Texas make a change I don't see how you can go higher than FSU, and please don't say Auburn. FSU's athletic program >>>Auburn's

dark uncle:
John,

Season ain't over yet, let's see who else walks the plank.  Part of my angst is that the ACC is never going to pull-in the TV dollars that the SEC will, and that is where a lot of funding comes from, right?  If FSU moved into a stronger football conference with better payouts and better media exposure, then I would relent.  Until then, playing in a second-tier conference will always be a black mark for making FSU a "final coaching destination".

Dolorous Jason:
Anyone can coach a defense with that much talent. I wouldn't fret over it too much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version