Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biblical economics « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 28, 2012, 02:18:07 PM

from my experiences most (all?) Christians favor the Republican party.

???

+ ???

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 28, 2012, 02:58:34 PM

Vin just because you say it ~ doesn't make it a "fact"
from my experiences most (all?) Christians favor the Republican party. Most Christians are not devout (IMO).

Most people are not devout...to anything.

LOL, maybe you should read the quote I was criticizing again. On the one hand you are saying "just because you say it - doesnt make it a fact" but then you go on to AGREE with the point I made and offer no argument that my statement wasnt a FACT.  Again, this is the PREMISE of the quoted article:

Biblical Economics
Consortiumnews.com
November 27, 2012

An irony of modern politics is that many conservative Americans view themselves as devout believers in the Bible

That ^^^premise is just FALSE. F-A-L-S-E.  It doesnt say that "most Christians are Republicans" (a stupid comment anyway).  It states that MANY conservative view themselves as "devout believers in the Bible."  LOL, that is FALSE even if it is what you and Wreck want so very much to believe.

You see, you and Wreck are such fervent believers in yourselves and your own "ideology" that you just CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH that the argument Wreck put up is total NONSENSE.  You guys cannot detach yourselves from your own dogmatic/partisan approach to life (religious hack and partisan nutjob are at worst first cousins), so you both want to ignore the true facts in favor of your own (shifting) alternate universe.  Wreck gave a "yeah butt" response and you (predictably) did the same . . .but none of that has to do with the article having a FALSE PREMISE.

Here, let me let you guys prove my point for me (or, alternatively, give you both a little much needed therapy).  Take this post and quote it and underneath it type nothing other than "I agree, the orginal article posted by Wreck is based on an entirely FALSE premise".  let's see if you can do that, without any caveats or explanations.  Show us all that you and wreck are on a real search for the HONEST truth and not just some dishonest religious or political rant.

I look forward to seeing both of you guys post.  :D

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 28, 2012, 04:17:29 PM

I agree with the article. Im not sure what youre trying to say...but insulting everyone posting is crystal

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 28, 2012, 04:19:02 PM

I agree with the article. Im not sure what youre trying to say...but insulting everyone posting is crystal

Thanks for proving my point. even you could see the false premise, you just cant make yourself admit it without more

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 28, 2012, 04:59:13 PM

PBCBoy must be bored again.  Lucky Cove dwellers.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 28, 2012, 05:04:01 PM

I know one thing, I will be more bored if you get involved in the conversation

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 28, 2012, 05:13:29 PM

So bored, you won't be able to keep yourself from posting, I see.

Just like how routinely you post a board that you only come to when you are bored.  #PatheticLiar

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 28, 2012, 05:40:54 PM

So bored, you won't be able to keep yourself from posting, I see.

Just like how routinely you post a board that you only come to when you are bored.  #PatheticLiar

that does not even make sense.  Like I said I am more bored now.  To you my being bored should mean I would NOT post? Seriously, are you on drugs? I come down here when I am bored meaning . . . there's nothing that particularly interests me at this moment  SO I POST DOWN HERE.  That really should not be so hard to understand, but I guess that is you. 

I know why YOU post down here -- at least as involves me -- because this is the suspension free zone AND you are angry because I often make you look the fool upstairs (in reality, you make yourself look the fool (what does subjective mean -lol) I just point it out occassionally)

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 28, 2012, 05:48:23 PM

from my experiences most (all?) Christians favor the Republican party. Most Christians are not devout (IMO).

LOL, maybe you should read the quote I was criticizing again. On the one hand you are saying "just because you say it - doesnt make it a fact" but then you go on to AGREE with the point I made and offer no argument that my statement wasnt a FACT.  Again, this is the PREMISE of the quoted article:

Biblical Economics
Consortiumnews.com
November 27, 2012

An irony of modern politics is that many conservative Americans view themselves as devout believers in the Bible

That ^^^premise is just FALSE. F-A-L-S-E.  It doesnt say that "most Christians are Republicans" (a stupid comment anyway).  It states that MANY conservative view themselves as "devout believers in the Bible."  LOL, that is FALSE even if it is what you and Wreck want so very much to believe.

You see, you and Wreck are such fervent believers in yourselves and your own "ideology" that you just CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH that the argument Wreck put up is total NONSENSE.  You guys cannot detach yourselves from your own dogmatic/partisan approach to life (religious hack and partisan nutjob are at worst first cousins), so you both want to ignore the true facts in favor of your own (shifting) alternate universe.  Wreck gave a "yeah butt" response and you (predictably) did the same . . .but none of that has to do with the article having a FALSE PREMISE.

Here, let me let you guys prove my point for me (or, alternatively, give you both a little much needed therapy).  Take this post and quote it and underneath it type nothing other than "I agree, the orginal article posted by Wreck is based on an entirely FALSE premise".  let's see if you can do that, without any caveats or explanations.  Show us all that you and wreck are on a real search for the HONEST truth and not just some dishonest religious or political rant.

You're arguing the semantics of a political article calling out conservative hypocrisy. ??? Could you be any more transparent? Then you try to call me out for not "handling the truth of an article being false"? Could you be any more than 9 because your reading comprehension is horrible and you suck?! The premise of an article is the argument it makes to justify a conclusion. If you can't comprehend an argument someone is trying to make because they don't word it the way you want then you deserve to choke on the pearls of wisdom and live in the darkness that is right wing extremism i,e, Faux news

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 28, 2012, 05:55:46 PM

Biblical Economics
Consortiumnews.com
November 27, 2012

You're arguing the semantics of a political article calling out conservative hypocrisy. ??? Could you be any more transparent? Then you try to call me out for not "handling the truth of an article being false"? Could you be any more than 9 because your reading comprehension is horrible and you suck?! The premise of an article is the argument it makes to justify a conclusion. If you can't comprehend an argument someone is trying to make because they don't word it the way you want then you deserve to choke on the pearls of wisdom and live in the darkness that is right wing extremism i,e, Faux news

haha . .  told ya.  Thanks for proving my point.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 28, 2012, 06:03:11 PM

Wreck Ship, try again.  Is this sentence true:

many conservative Americans view themselves as devout believers in the Bible

Simple, "yes" or "no"

:D

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 28, 2012, 06:07:15 PM

Simple, "yes" or "no"

yes

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 28, 2012, 06:28:24 PM

Simple, "yes" or "no"

yes

Even your boy One Truth disagrees, but I would not expect anything from you other than a "yes"  Like i said, mold your own reality.  Carry on . .

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 28, 2012, 07:05:56 PM

Simple, "yes" or "no"

yes

Even your boy One Truth disagrees, but I would not expect anything from you other than a "yes"  Like i said, mold your own reality.  Carry on . .
but this thread isn't about my reality is it? see how you fail even at the most basic level of  following along? but I wouldnt expect anything less from a conservative

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 28, 2012, 07:14:12 PM

Simple, "yes" or "no"

yes

but this thread isn't about my reality is it? see how you fail even at the most basic level of  following along? but I wouldnt expect anything less from a conservative

not sure that make sense. By definition almost, a thread you create is about your reality, right? I mean you posted the article presumably because you subscribe to the point it makes, right? I just pointed out that it was built on a false premise and you continue to defend that false premise, so I'd say it is about your reality.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biblical economics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools