Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Lookahead: .....Tampa Bay at Denver « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: November 28, 2012, 01:00:55 AM

Bucs Lookahead: Tampa Bay at Denver

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning

By IRA KAUFMAN | The Tampa Tribune
Published:  November 28, 2012 - 12:00 AM

The Buccaneers face the Denver Broncos on the road Sunday, the last of their four games against AFC West opponents. Here is a quick look at the matchup:

RECORDS: Tampa Bay 6-5; Denver 8-3

REGULAR-SEASON SERIES: Broncos lead, 5-2

BUCS' ROAD RECORD VS. BRONCOS: 1-3

LAST MEETING: The Bucs took a three-game winning streak into Denver on Oct. 5, 2008, before dropping a 16-13 decision as both defenses excelled. After a blind-side blitz by Broncos CB Champ Bailey knocked Brian Griese out of the game, Jeff Garcia hit Ike Hilliard from 7 yards out with 2:02 remaining for Tampa Bay's only touchdown. The Broncos then ran out the clock behind a key run by former Buc Michael Pittman. Matt Bryant added two field goals as Tampa Bay fell to 3-2. Denver's Jay Cutler completed 23 of 34 passes for 227 yards, including a 10-yard TD flip to Brandon Stokley. Matt Prater kicked three field goals as Denver was held to 17 points under its season average.

NEED TO KNOW: The Broncos are on a six-game winning streak that has helped them take command of the AFC West. OLB Von Miller has 14 sacks to key a pass rush that leads the NFL with 37. Peyton Manning is the league's third-rated passer, and Denver is converting third downs at a healthy 44-percent clip. Leading rusher Willis McGahee is sidelined after tearing his MCL, and the Broncos have turned to Knowshon Moreno. Demaryius Thomas ranks sixth in NFL receiving yards (1,015), and fellow WR Eric Decker has caught eight of Manning's 26 TD passes. Tampa Bay's five losses have come by a combined 23 points, and the Bucs have an opportunity Sunday to set a franchise single-season record with a fourth consecutive road win.

Ira Kaufman

Statistical comparison

A look at how the teams compare in the NFL rankings:

Category;                 Bucs;                          Broncos

Total offense;            12th (365.4);                  4th (391.9)

Rushing offense;       11th (121.7);                20th (104.4)

Passing offense;        13th (243.6);                 6th (287.5)

Total defense;            30th (397.1);                 4th (308.4)

Rushing defense;         1st (81.5);                   9th (98.7)

Passing defense;         32nd (315.5);              5th (209.6)

Points scored;                4th (28.2);                 3rd (28.9)

Points allowed;             t18th (23.1);                8th (20.1)

Sacks;                           28th (18);                    1st (37)

Sacks allowed;            T 4th (16);                  T 4th (16)

Turnover margin;            6th (plus-11);          T18th (minus-3)

Individual leaders

Category;                              Bucs;                                      Broncos

Rushing yards;                Doug Martin (1,050);                Willis McGahee (731)

Passer rating;                  Josh Freeman (94.3);              Peyton Manning (104.9)

Receptions;                     Vincent Jackson (47);              Demaryius Thomas (61)

Receiving yards;             Vincent Jackson (959);            Demaryius Thomas (1,015)

Sacks                             Michael Bennett (7);                 Von Miller (14)

Interceptions;                  Ronde Barber (4);                    Wesley Woodyard (3)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 28, 2012, 04:05:22 AM

Oh damn. They're first in sacks. Not exactly a good time to have a dinged up OL.

I knew their defense was good, but jeebus man. Big Manning and the best sacking defense in the NFL. Doesn't even seem fair (although I enjoy the thought).

If we want a barometer of how good Tampa is, this would be it. Even keeping the game close would suggest we're not that bad.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 28, 2012, 07:38:30 PM

Not often Peyton gets to play against a player older than him.  Ronde can call him young fella.

It should be a nice reunion for Peyton and Dallas.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

csidedave

Second String
#3 : November 28, 2012, 08:43:04 PM

Current forecast for Sunday 64 degrees and sunny.  At least we are getting a break on the weather.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 28, 2012, 08:45:53 PM

Current forecast for Sunday 64 degrees and sunny.  At least we are getting a break on the weather.

I was actually hoping it was snowing to beat all hell.

That would limit Peyton, and make running the ball the way to go.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 28, 2012, 08:47:36 PM

No. A "break" would be if it rained or snowed so passing wouldn't be as effective.

Otherwise, hail would be nice (if it happens to hit manning in the neck).  ;)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

csidedave

Second String
#6 : November 28, 2012, 09:00:58 PM

No. A "break" would be if it rained or snowed so passing wouldn't be as effective.

Otherwise, hail would be nice (if it happens to hit manning in the neck).  ;)

I would disagree.  I think our best hope is to outscore them in a track meet.  We aren't likely to stop them.  Although your hail theory is somewhat plausible.

csidedave

Second String
#7 : November 28, 2012, 09:27:06 PM

I am hoping for a repeat of the Bucs victory over the Vikings in 1998.  They had Randall Cunningham, Randy Moss, Chris Carter and Robert Smith. We handed the Vikings, who set an NFL record for points scored that season,  their only regular season loss.

Tony Dungy had us in an aggressive mode and we did not punt even once if my memory is correct.  We were heavy underdogs then too.  I remember sitting at the stadium watching our offense and thinking who are these guys?    Maybe, just maybe........
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Lookahead: .....Tampa Bay at Denver « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools