Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "There was disenchantment with Wright’s play, even before the suspension" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : November 28, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »

CB Wright has been a letdown for Bucs.

Dan Parr
dparr@pfwmedia.com
Associate editor

By Dan Parr
ProFootballWeekly

The Buccaneers will be without their top defensive free-agent addition of the offseason — CB Eric Wright — in the thick of a playoff race in which the Bucs are among the viable wild-card contenders. Wright’s four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs was upheld at his appeal, so he will be away from the team when it meets QBs Peyton Manning and Drew Brees in pivotal games the next three weeks.

We had heard there was disenchantment with Wright’s play inside the Bucs’ ranks even before the first reports of Wright’s suspension and there is already speculation about what his future might hold after the season. Head coach Greg Schiano has not shown much patience with players that veer off the Bucs’ way. The Bucs were able to send CB Aqib Talib — like Talib, Wright also said his suspension was the result of taking an Adderall pill — to the Patriots just before the trade deadline.

The Bucs are no longer on the hook for the guaranteed money that Wright's contract called for next season because of the suspension, so the suspension could cost Wright more than the next four game checks.

The Bucs lost by only a point to the team with the best record in the NFC — the Falcons — on Sunday without Wright. He was inactive because of an Achilles injury. Wright will be eligible to return from suspension in time for the Bucs’ Week 17 game against the Falcons.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 28, 2012, 01:14:02 AM »

There was disenchantment with anyone who watched him with Detroit last year

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 28, 2012, 03:48:39 AM »

Pop trivia question:

What Buccaneer was once burned so bad by a wr, it literally burnt his balls off?

Eric "toasty" Wright.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 28, 2012, 07:09:54 AM »

Pop trivia question:

What Buccaneer was once burned so bad by a wr, it literally burnt his balls off?

Eric "toasty" Wright.

I believe Tim Wansley would also be an acceptable answer.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 28, 2012, 09:41:20 AM »

I'm actually kind o happy he got suspended. Now we cut cut his ass

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 28, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

But he can tackle on perimeter runs! He's physical! Who cares that he can't cover?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 28, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

But he can tackle on perimeter runs! He's physical! Who cares that he can't cover?

The funny thing about ^this^ is that all along we where hearing the that the two biggest secondary acquisitions in the offseason(Wright and Barron), were excellent tacklers and would help to limit big plays.

The reality is that they have been dreadful. They have missed a lot of tackles, and they get abused in every which way when they are on the field. Hope we have better luck with the '13 secondary acquisitions. 

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : November 28, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »

The funny thing about ^this^ is that all along we where hearing the that the two biggest secondary acquisitions in the offseason(Wright and Barron), were excellent tacklers and would help to limit big plays.

The reality is that they have been dreadful. They have missed a lot of tackles, and they get abused in every which way when they are on the field. Hope we have better luck with the '13 secondary acquisitions.

We like to sit here and talk smack about the guy, but thinking realistically here... how much do we put on this guys shoulders?

I mean, there has been little to no passrush whatsoever, and aren't those guys up front supposed to make life hell for QB's and make it easier for the secondary?

Coverage is a catch 22, get to the QB and he'll cough it up. Tampa hasn't, so how do we place a large a out of blame squarey on him? Yeah, he sucks, but...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 28, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »

We like to sit here and talk smack about the guy, but thinking realistically here... how much do we put on this guys shoulders?

I mean, there has been little to no passrush whatsoever, and aren't those guys up front supposed to make life hell for QB's and make it easier for the secondary?

Coverage is a catch 22, get to the QB and he'll cough it up. Tampa hasn't, so how do we place a large a out of blame squarey on him? Yeah, he sucks, but...

I agree about pass D being more about just the secondary. Our DL and LBs share the guilt. I can admit that part of the problem that a lot of fans(myself included) have with Wirght is that he was sought after and sold to us as a top flight CB who would help solidify the secondary. So automatically, we expect him to come in and be at least solid. It sucks, but his play will be somewhat be tied to his pay. He is nowhere near worth what has spent. His history shows that he really isn't much better than Biggers as a CB, if at all. Coverage has been bad across the board, so I won't sh*t on him too much for that, but what I consider inexcusable are the missed tackles. The dude had been a solid tackler before this year, but he was a bad tackler in most of the games he played.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 28, 2012, 01:05:54 PM »

Bottom line, guy sucks and we kind of got lucky he got suspended. Now we can cut him, keep the money, and use it on somebody better. Hopefully Dom has learned some things from the signings that didnt work out.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 28, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Cut Wright or get a low level pick if possible, keep the four we have, first two picks are DB's, next is a stud pass rusher, 4th round LB to take Black's place and we are good to go. Then depth with well placed FA's and lower round, coachable guys. By getting rid of Joseph, Trueblood, Wright, Blcak we should save a ton of money for next year (Joseph is getting older, is expensive, get hurt a lot and IMHO might not be a Bob Bostad guy). Whatever magic Dom can get for these guys with picks, so be it. Let's move on. BTW, thanks Cody Grimm but that ship has sailed also.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 28, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »

He's been terrible..........just a bad FA signing..........VJ overshadows that I guess......We need a headhunter pass rush....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 28, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »

A headhunter would be nice. Use the 1st rounder, if need be.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 28, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »

He is not a #1 CB, not in any way, shape, or form.    I think he is gone, but wouldn't mind him back as a #2 or #3 CB. But not at that salary he is pulling down now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 28, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »

If only we could have the Eric Wright that played before the current Buc Wright was born.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "There was disenchantment with Wright’s play, even before the suspension" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools