Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn has second straight sub-par game, with five pressures given up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #30 : November 28, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »

Anyway someone I know can tell you how both of those "stats" are objective.  Even if PFF cannot:

"A pressure, as we define it, is any hit, hurry, or sack and you’ll only find the complete data here at PFF."

I wonder if that definition applies to every player objectively or if they apply that definition to different players subjectively?

I know a couple simpletons are still having trouble figuring that one out.  But that doesn't stop them from making themselves look like a complete fool at every possible turn.

hahahaha . . . it just gets better.  I will play along briefly because one of the funniest things you do is call other people stupid (in bold) while typing something  . . .  well.

Okay, here we go . . let's see if you at least think you know what you are talking about.  Okay, ready . . . try to answer your own question. The one in blue. that's it.  I will wait.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #31 : November 28, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

Bostad has done a nice job, but I could see the O-line getting shuffled up next season, with possibly a couple new pieces.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #32 : November 28, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »

Bostad has done a nice job, but I could see the O-line getting shuffled up next season, with possibly a couple new pieces.

I just hope Bostad stays

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 28, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »

Next year, you could move Dotson back to LT and not miss a beat without Penn. Look, I may not have all the answers but Penn, Joseph & Trueblood do not seem like Bostad guys, let alone Schiano guys to me. You don't cut your nose off to spite your face but my question is, with Bostad clearly demonstrating he's a magician with no name guys, why invest any time and energy next year in guys that are going to be gone anyway. Just my thoughts. Honestly, if I were Dom, I would have a clearance sale for any picks I could get to get rid of Penn, Joseph, Black, Blount, etc. Even if you could get some lower round picks that are coachable for long term deepth and development, you are better off. We certainly do not miss Trueblood & Joseph, I reaally don't think we will miss Penn. Anybody remember the preseason when he came in overweight and they had to get his lard ass in shape. How long do you really think Bostad & Schiano are going to put up with that? Really!
Be careful projecting too much longevity to scrub offensive linemen. Remember what happened in 2010 with Pete Mangurian and James Lee, Derek Hardman, and Ted Larsen? It seemed good for a time but didn't last very long.
Exactly. We can't be relying on developing late round and undrafted guys. I hate that idea because its far-fetched. You only draft linemen late is when you KNOW for a fact the offense will be center cut to a ZBS system. That way technique is more vital then actual physical talent.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #34 : November 28, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »

I just hope Bostad stays

I think he does, good place to live, with a good young team on the upswing.  The only reason I could see him leaving if he got a HC offer.  and its a little early for that. He needs to build his resume first.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #35 : November 28, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

Anyway someone I know can tell you how both of those "stats" are objective.  Even if PFF cannot:

"A pressure, as we define it, is any hit, hurry, or sack and you’ll only find the complete data here at PFF."

I wonder if that definition applies to every player objectively or if they apply that definition to different players subjectively?

I know a couple simpletons are still having trouble figuring that one out.  But that doesn't stop them from making themselves look like a complete fool at every possible turn.

hahahaha . . . it just gets better.  I will play along briefly because one of the funniest things you do is call other people stupid (in bold) while typing something  . . .  well.

Okay, here we go . . let's see if you at least think you know what you are talking about.  Okay, ready . . . try to answer your own question. The one in blue. that's it.  I will wait.

LOL. A few hours pass and nothing from Buggsy even though he has posted in many other threads . .  . ;)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #36 : November 28, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

LOL. A few hours pass and nothing from Buggsy even though he has posted in many other threads . .  . ;)

There's nothing to respond to, PeanutButterCheeseBoy.  You're a peon that repeatedly takes a beating but isn't bright enough to realize it. 

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #37 : November 28, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »

There's nothing to respond to, PeanutButterCheeseBoy.  You're a peon that repeatedly takes a beating but isn't bright enough to realize it.

I guess you went and looked at a dictionary  ;)  Buggsy, you make it too easy. Here's the routine:

1. you post something without thinking it through
2. someone points out the error -- you call them dumb

I don't get it, frankly. If you did not call people dumb while actually posting something . . well . .  dumb . .  you probably wouldnt get half the grief. 

Anyway, the last step in the sequence is usually name calling followed by some ironic claim that it is the other poster (the one pointing out your error) who is "getting owned" or "taking a beating" so we are there (again). I will let you go Buggsy. Way to hit for the cycle (again).

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 28, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

I don't see any scenario where the Bucs draft a O-lineman in the first round though.   Not with the defensive backfield screaming for help.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #39 : November 28, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »

I think youre right because they will actually have some depth on the O-line. It may not be as high a quality as some would want but they have depth and are succeeding now with that depth.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Penn has second straight sub-par game, with five pressures given up « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools