Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be upset if Buc players asked for autographs, after the Bronco game? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 28, 2012, 01:32:27 PM

I have no issue at all.  I believe it's common practice in a lot of sports.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#16 : November 28, 2012, 01:50:26 PM

Absolutely NOT OK if it were players on my team, the Bucs, are asking for autographs from opposing players.  This is a fundamental change in the culture of the fandom of the NFL. The NFL and its fans are becoming less about teams and more about players. ie FANTASY FOOTBALL.  The NFL will come to regret pushing this crap, as it leads to the end of "die hard" fans of teams and changes the way the NFL is followed.  I think along with the "arena" ball type rules(pass int, all rules tilted in favor of offense), the "no hitting allowed" BY DEFENSE, and the "fantasy" aspect,  the NFL is goin down a  dark road.  The game, as it is today, will NOT remain as popular as it was made by fans of the 70' and 80's.  We turned this into the money-making machine it is today, and now Goodell and the owners are totally dismantling it.  Sorry....just hate what happening to such a great game!!!

Interesting way of looking at it. While I think you might be taking it to an extreme, because the NFL is more popular than it ever has been, there has definitely been a shift of some people caring more about their fantasy team than their home teams.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 28, 2012, 07:13:24 PM

I don't think its right.  Players are players. not fans.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 28, 2012, 08:23:07 PM

Manning was a player long before Charles was in the NFL. Just a few short years ago, Charles was as much of a fan of these pro athletes as you or I.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2012, 08:26:18 PM

Manning was a player long before Charles was in the NFL. Just a few short years ago, Charles was as much of a fan of these pro athletes as you or I.

Speak for yourself, I was never a Peyton fan.  Anyone who is not in pewter,  is the enemy.   

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 28, 2012, 08:32:53 PM

Right, but he was also a kid in highschool/college.

He's a grown man, in the same league as the guy, ..I say act like it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 28, 2012, 08:42:42 PM

Agree, if your a NFL player you shouldn't be going all gaga over ANY player.  I don't care who he is.

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 28, 2012, 10:13:35 PM

Agree, if your a NFL player you shouldn't be going all gaga over ANY player.  I don't care who he is.

And what if he was a hobbyist who collected autos before he got in the league?  He should just drop that rather than enjoy an opportunity to enjoy his hobby and add to his collection?  Maybe he grabs autos from all the future HoFers? And do you really think players don't get requests from family for this stuff?  Besides, I prefer that players are fans of the sport itself rather than mercenaries.  Sometimes getting an auto from Payton is about getting Payton's autograph.  Other times it's about getting a little piece of NFL history from A guy who will always be remembered in the league.  You guys act like he was a little girl grabbing Beiber's autograph.  Now THAT would be a problem

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#23 : November 28, 2012, 10:24:30 PM

Personally, I've never understood the whole autograph thing anyways.  Why would I want someone's signature unless it were on a check made out to cash?  They're just people who have a particular set of skills.  If I were to run into a player that I rooted for, the most I would want is to say thanks for playing your heart out for our entertainment.  With that being said, if someone collects autographs, I have no problem with them adding to their collection.  Unless it's a DB who is watching Manning in awe rather than covering Eric Decker.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 29, 2012, 05:42:35 AM

I've never gotten the fascination with someone's unreadable scribble on a piece of paper anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 29, 2012, 06:43:29 AM

Imagine if you were a QB on another team, and you grew up a Bucs fan watching the old defense. Say you came into the league in 2007 or something. Wouldn't you have loved to get an autograph by Derrick Brooks or Ronde Barber? I know I would.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be upset if Buc players asked for autographs, after the Bronco game? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools