Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: how come no one is talking about bowers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Mizer

Second String

: November 28, 2012, 06:32:31 AM

Seriously.  Our pass rush is pathetic, and we have a guy who was projected to be the #1 pick in the draft working his way back in the mix... If he could get it going it could really solidify the defense... and give us a real chance.

...but no one cares to talk about it... think about it... even mention it. 

Not even "oh by the way, how is that bowers dude doing?"

It is a total non story.  No newspapers, no web sites... no fans... not pewter report...

just crickets.

weird

Checkmeout

Rookie

#1 : November 28, 2012, 06:45:42 AM

If he is playing limited snaps, what's there really to talk about? 1 sack against the panthers and a few tackles here and there, not much of a discussion there.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 28, 2012, 07:10:30 AM

He was on the field for about 50% of the snaps on Sunday, so he is at least seeing the field fairly often. He had an impressive spin move that allowed him to get past the LT and hit Ryan, which led to the Ronde INT.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

pittbullbuc

Second String
#3 : November 28, 2012, 07:26:13 AM

Well, you gotta at least say "That's something"! Go Bucs!!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 28, 2012, 07:47:29 AM

I think he's been doing well but I know Schiano is looking to the future with him. He still isn't playing much on anything but passing downs and I think we'll see him with a limited role. This is a guy with all the talent in the world but also a guy who we'll need more next year than this year.

As great as we're doing this year, we're one and done if we make the playoffs. So keeping progressing him and get him to 100% for next season when we can try to make a run.

Losing Clayborn was huge. So huge. Him and Bowers back to 100% and we should be scarey upfront again. Look at the drop off in sacks when he got hurt. They now shift pass pro towards bennette and McCoy, they couldn't do that everytime before.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 28, 2012, 09:14:13 AM

Seriously.  Our pass rush is pathetic, and we have a guy who was projected to be the #1 pick in the draft working his way back in the mix... If he could get it going it could really solidify the defense... and give us a real chance.

...but no one cares to talk about it... think about it... even mention it. 

Not even "oh by the way, how is that bowers dude doing?"

It is a total non story.  No newspapers, no web sites... no fans... not pewter report...

just crickets.

weird

Chace made a great breakdown thread on McCoy versus ATL. That threads further explains how Sheridan sucks. Bowers like McCoy and Bennett would benefit more with a competent DC.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 28, 2012, 09:40:42 AM

I saw the Falcons run on him a lot. Every time he rushed up field, Rodgers would go right for his vacated gap.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 28, 2012, 09:43:03 AM

It's pretty crazy he's even on the field right now so overall his production has been decent.. He'll come along in the coming weeks with his conditioning improving

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 28, 2012, 09:43:54 AM

I think he's been doing well but I know Schiano is looking to the future with him. He still isn't playing much on anything but passing downs and I think we'll see him with a limited role. This is a guy with all the talent in the world but also a guy who we'll need more next year than this year.

As great as we're doing this year, we're one and done if we make the playoffs. So keeping progressing him and get him to 100% for next season when we can try to make a run.

Losing Clayborn was huge. So huge. Him and Bowers back to 100% and we should be scary upfront again. Look at the drop off in sacks when he got hurt. They now shift pass pro towards bennette and McCoy, they couldn't do that everytime before.

While I agree that Clayborn and Bowers have great potential, I don't think they make this DL that close to being scary. Maybe formidable. I would like to see Bennett and Miller retained along with an addition of another pass rusher and a mid round DT. A good rotation/stable of D linemen is the foundation of getting good penetration and pass rush. Then the scheme comes into play. Right now the scheme that is being used, does not fit the players we have. I would much rather see a scheme change that uses the strengths of the defensive linemen, instead of forcing them to be something they are not.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 28, 2012, 10:40:41 AM

Disagree that clayborn doesn't make the line scary.

Agree that the defensive playcalls/coaching isn't great.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 28, 2012, 10:57:06 AM

I think Bowers has been doing pretty darn well considering he missed training camp and half the season. Plus it looks like he's put on a few pounds, which is understandable given he was in a boot for months.

I expect big things from Bowers next year.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 28, 2012, 11:40:02 AM

Disagree that clayborn doesn't make the line scary.

Agree that the defensive playcalls/coaching isn't great.

I think the Coaching in the front 7 is good, much better from last year based on The tackling skills, proper angles and the ability of the front seven to shed blocks and get Tackles for Loss. I don't know if the coaching the secondary is good or bad because the talent and experience level is so low that there is no way to know either way.

I agree that the scheme and play calling at times is bad. It's obviously they have put all their eggs into the stooping the run. If you had elite cover corners in this defense it would be 2008 Steelers Scary.

I really don't think you can judge this defense two harshly until we see what it looks like with two legitiment starting caliber corners. Hopefully through a FA, and Draft we will have that next year.

Johnson, Giggers, Gaitor

3-4-5.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 28, 2012, 12:27:11 PM

Bowers has done alright for a guy thrown back in after injury. I really hope they get some kind of pass rusher next offseason. I really like Bowers and Clayborn but they arent the pass rushers we need. I love thier effort and anger on the field but they dont get to the QB.

Sim

Starter

#13 : November 28, 2012, 01:16:17 PM

It makes sense that they bring Bowers along slowly....and I think he's doing well so far.

If his play continues to improve and he stays healthy, then I think we let Bennett walk in the offseason if his salary demands are too high....

I hope Bennett stays because the guy is a beast, but I'd be okay with finally seeing a Bowers, McCoy, Miller, Clayborne D-line next year...

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 28, 2012, 01:25:54 PM

They cant afford to lose Bennett. Bowers and Clayborn are not reliable. They have had a history of injuries. One of those guys go down next year and your really regretting letting him go. Id tag Bennett if his price was too high. Get another DE and let Bowers, Clayborn, Bennett and the new guy battle it out. They really need to upgrade the pass rush. Its not good enough with those guys.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: how come no one is talking about bowers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools