Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyone keeps saying the Bucs should fear Manning and the Broncos offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 28, 2012, 08:01:37 PM

That is an interesting random conclusion....

I'm confident that Schiano knows what we need to do to win this game, and I' sure we aren't planning on purposely having a shoot out.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 28, 2012, 08:02:20 PM

I'd like the same to be said about the Bucs, but we have a dinged up patchwork backup OL vs. ...the best sacking defense in the league.

If they somehow stave them off, it would be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history. In basic terms, it would be like mike Tyson vs peewee.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 28, 2012, 08:03:55 PM

Wow....you think this year's squad compares to pee-wee?

This isn't David and Goliath. They have a slight advantage. That's it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 28, 2012, 08:04:21 PM

I'd like the same to be said about the Bucs, but we have a dinged up patchwork backup OL vs. ...the best sacking defense in the league.

If they somehow stave them off, it would be one of the greatest upsets in NFL history. In basic terms, it would be like mike Tyson vs peewee.

vegas thinks it will be around a score...yet all our fans expect a bloodbath.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2012, 08:09:35 PM

This team is set up to handle pass rushing teams.  They just need to do it. Screens to Martin.  Short slants to VJ, TU and MW.  Both top receivers can work the outside going up for the ball.  A real TE would be key but they have worked around that. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 28, 2012, 08:20:05 PM

Maybe not peewee. ...Maybe more like fava-flav vs. Kimbo slice?

It's not a "slight' advantage when nicks and DJ are out and backups are installed.
It's not a "slight" advantage when the falsons defense could chase your QB around.
And it's deffinately not a "slight" advantage that tampa's "best" avalable lineman is playing worse than the backups are at the moment.

I could be wrong, but I can totally see this going bad quickly.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 28, 2012, 08:21:55 PM

I just watched the Broncos/Chiefs game. While there is always the chance that Peyton just destroys us and we suffer our first blowout defeat of the season....I just don't see it. If they play like they did last week we would crush them.

They looked great in week six when they had that huge come back victory over the Chargers, and again in week eight after their bye when they dominated the Saints....but since then I haven't been overly impressed. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, they clearly are...but for the past four weeks they have been less and less impressive. I think the year off and recovery and age is taking it's toll on Manning. He just doesn't look as sharp lately and his throws look weak and tend to float. I think the loss of their Running back is hurting them and it showed last week. Unless Moreno suddenly starts playing well....I don't think they are a dominant team.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 28, 2012, 08:25:15 PM

I don't think an ugly loss is acceptable at this point.  The defense may be bad but lets not act like they aren't getting game experience.  They have to get better at some point.  Just as the offense needs to start firing on all cylinders at some point.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 28, 2012, 08:25:18 PM

But shouldn't Broncos also fear this Buccaneer offense? I don't have the stats in front of me but since the bye aren't the Bucs the number scoring offense in the entire NFL? Manning is going to carve our defense like a Thanksgiving turkey but who's to say we wont return the favor and put 30+ points as well?

We are so easy to mark this as a loss but after taking a sip of pewter flavored kool aid I think we can going into Mile High and win a shoot out!

Bucs win 38-34

At this point, I don't think they should.

1) They lead the league in sacks.

2) The Bucs offense the past 2 weeks has struggled. Not sure this Broncos defense is one to allow it to get back on track.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 28, 2012, 08:27:14 PM

I just watched the Broncos/Chiefs game. While there is always the chance that Peyton just destroys us and we suffer our first blowout defeat of the season....I just don't see it. If they play like they did last week we would crush them.

They looked great in week six when they had that huge come back victory over the Chargers, and again in week eight after their bye when they dominated the Saints....but since then I haven't been overly impressed. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, they clearly are...but for the past four weeks they have been less and less impressive. I think the year off and recovery and age is taking it's toll on Manning. He just doesn't look as sharp lately and his throws look weak and tend to float. I think the loss of their Running back is hurting them and it showed last week. Unless Moreno suddenly starts playing well....I don't think they are a dominant team.

All I'm saying is that most battles in the nfl are solved at the LOS.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 28, 2012, 08:27:38 PM

This is one of those games Freeman is paid to win.  It is time for the consistency to float up to the surface.

I agree...if he plays like he did the past 2 games, I don't see the Bucs pulling this one out.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#26 : November 28, 2012, 08:32:35 PM

I am very interested to see the game plan.  Schiano touts preparation.

I believe this is going to be a game where we out coach them.

We shall see.  Big test, and I'm stoked to see more progress.

I'm calling a two sack day by Bowers

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 28, 2012, 08:32:57 PM

Maybe not peewee. ...Maybe more like fava-flav vs. Kimbo slice?

It's not a "slight' advantage when nicks and DJ are out and backups are installed.
It's not a "slight" advantage when the falsons defense could chase your QB around.
And it's deffinately not a "slight" advantage that tampa's "best" avalable lineman is playing worse than the backups are at the moment.

I could be wrong, but I can totally see this going bad quickly.

Look at the teams we both played....

We both lost to the Falcons by less than a TD.

We both destroyed the Raiders.

They beat the Chargers twice and we beat the Chargers once.

We barely beat the Panthers twice and they destroyed them once.

They barely beat the Chiefs and we destroyed the Chiefs.

The only game that went really different was the Saints. We lost a nail biter at the last minute and the Broncos dominated them.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#28 : November 28, 2012, 08:54:34 PM

I live in Denver, and I can tell you all that there is real concern about the Broncos offense being out of sync.  That was being mentioned out here on sports radio even before the Chiefs game.  They beat the Chargers the week before  and Manning threw 3 TD's, but he also threw a pick 6 and they left some scoring opportunities on the field.  I haven't heard anyone say they're worried about the Bucs in particular, most are looking towards the playoffs already and say they need to pick up their play before meeting NE or Houston again.  This might be a game the Bucs can come in and steal if the players and coaches are looking toward the playoffs already, too. 

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 28, 2012, 08:55:49 PM

If Eli put up 512 yards against us, I'm expecting nothing under 800 from Peyton.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Everyone keeps saying the Bucs should fear Manning and the Broncos offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools