Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Salary Cap « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 29, 2012, 01:10:53 AM

Thanks guys that's some good info, I hope we keep Davin and cut QBall,

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 29, 2012, 01:19:49 AM

Where was there talk of restructuring McCoy's contract? I don't think they can force him to restructure. Link?

I don't think Penn is going anywhere and Quincy is going to stay a while thanks to his mostly guaranteed contract. My thought on Barber is that he could very well retire but it wouldn't surprise me if he signed up for another crack at his 2nd Superbowl ring.So that's all up in the air.

Like Davin, Quincy only had all his guaranteed money in the first 2 years of their contracts. On 12/31/12, they will be owed no more guaranteed money and can be cut scott-free. Apparently, since Wright's money is no longer guaranteed, that is another $7+ mil that can be used next offseason. Last I saw, the Bucs were around $12 under the cap. If they cut Joseph, Black, and Wright and roll over the $12 million...that's between $30-32 million available for next offseason.

Whether Dom will spend it wisely is questionable.

I'm cool with cutting Quincy..Wright, see 1st if he take a pay-cut, if not... then cut him..now D.Joseph, umm no, I would not cut him..

If the Buc's feel good about Meredith "alot cheaper" and "I believe his play, could up there with Joseph, and he is a lot younger..,**D.Joseph will be 30 next year** " ...They should try to trade Davin for a pick.. "I'm sure there be some teams that would love to have Davin"..

Teams that are needing  OG,.. Browns,Raiders,Eagles,Titans,Cardinals,Cowboys,Dolphins,Seahawks,Colts,Bears ..

I rather try to trade Davin instead of cutting him..heck if the Buc's can get a 4th for Talib..I think they can get a 2nd or a 3rd  for D.Joseph

I HIGHLY doubt the Bucs go with Meredith at RG next year. He's done good but theres no way they go into 2013 with no depth at the position after being through this season. Unless Davin cannot recover well or gets injured again, I don't think he gets cut. Solid RGs command lots of money these days.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 29, 2012, 07:55:22 AM

One thing has shown to be true for us buc fans. We need depth and a lot of it at both offensive and defensive line.

I think Wright will be gone next year, that'll clear up some space. Talib is already gone and I think that'll add some space. Blount won't be back but Mike Williams is one of the better #2 WR in the league and will demand a salary as such. I think we'll have room to make some moves but nothing like last year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 29, 2012, 09:43:52 AM

Trueblood, Barber, Okoye, Clark, Price, Talib = roughly $13 million - Wright and Black = roughly $13 million - the team has roughly $12 million it could roll over - another roughly $1.7 from the Redskin & Cowboys salary dumping fiasco and then a slight increase in the actual cap by about $4-$6 million and the team could have around $44 million in the off-season - not to mention they could restructure McCoy and Freeman adding years and money to lower the cap hits over the next two-three years.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 29, 2012, 10:15:35 AM

Trueblood, Barber, Okoye, Clark, Price, Talib = roughly $13 million - Wright and Black = roughly $13 million - the team has roughly $12 million it could roll over - another roughly $1.7 from the Redskin & Cowboys salary dumping fiasco and then a slight increase in the actual cap by about $4-$6 million and the team could have around $44 million in the off-season - not to mention they could restructure McCoy and Freeman adding years and money to lower the cap hits over the next two-three years.

The salary cap for 2013 will not jump that much. Possibly a million. The new TV deals will cause the cap to jump, but not until 2014.

As far as the 1.6 million from the Skins and Cowboys, IIRC we allocated that money to last years cap situation. The rule was that each team will get 1.6 million in addition cap funds that could be spread out between the 2012 offseasons and 2013 offseasons. So if a team wanted to apply $0.8 million to 2012 and 0.8 to 2013, or apply the whole amount to either year, they could do it however they please.

The number will be in the $30 millions.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 29, 2012, 10:24:30 AM

They will have some nice cap space, but I think they resign Freeman this offseason. That will take a pretty good chunk of change.

I could see them signing a couple mid-tier free agents, or one big time free agent.  Not a repeat of last offseason where they signed Vincent and Nicks and Wright.

ERgg-zactly how I see it playing out.  Simply can't let Freeman test the market, nor do you want to piss off your franchise QB, IF in fact they think he is, so you're best bet is to save a few bucks by negotiating with him a year early.

Also agree on the FA take as well.

The Bucs should hold off on Freeman until the Ravens deal with Flacco.  If the Ravens re-sign Flacco, then after next season... pending on Freeman's performace (assuming he plays well), give him somewhere between Flacco and Ryan.  Freeman has been too inconsistant to just lock him in long term after this season.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 29, 2012, 10:28:52 AM

- not to mention they could restructure McCoy and Freeman adding years and money to lower the cap hits over the next two-three years.

If they're going to give Freeman and McCoy new deals, shouldn't they be frontloaded to make the biggest hits in the next 2-3 years?

And I don't know how the Bucs would approach McCoy at this point, he has the team by the balls. $8M in 2013 and $10.3M in 2014. He's a guy you want on your team but if he's going to sign an extension he's not going to want it at a lower rate, but his production doesn't match his salary. My first thought is to let him play out his deal and then tag him, but that number would be over $12M.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 29, 2012, 11:43:35 AM

- not to mention they could restructure McCoy and Freeman adding years and money to lower the cap hits over the next two-three years.

If they're going to give Freeman and McCoy new deals, shouldn't they be frontloaded to make the biggest hits in the next 2-3 years?

And I don't know how the Bucs would approach McCoy at this point, he has the team by the balls. $8M in 2013 and $10.3M in 2014. He's a guy you want on your team but if he's going to sign an extension he's not going to want it at a lower rate, but his production doesn't match his salary. My first thought is to let him play out his deal and then tag him, but that number would be over $12M.

That just his base salaries. His cap hits over the next two years are $10.9 mil in 2013 and $13.1 mil in 2014. That's a sh*t ton of money. All of his guaranteed money will have been paid by years end, so if the team wants to find a replacement in the next year and a half, then I would be okay with that. He is played well this year, but he will never play on a level that merits being paid $13 mil, IMO.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Salary Cap « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools