Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rolando McClain? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#15 : November 28, 2012, 11:43:49 PM

It's pretty amazing how linebackers Curry (2009 1st rounder) and McClain (2010 1st rounder) both haven't panned out considering how highly coveted they were coming out of college. With that said, the Raiders are a mess.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 29, 2012, 03:24:15 AM

Wasnt Curry drafted by the Seahawks though?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 29, 2012, 07:51:47 AM

This front office shouldn't even be looking at their naked wives until we find three respectable cornerbacks.

haha, nice one!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 29, 2012, 10:37:58 AM

If given the chance, I would look at him. That said, he has some baggage at Oakland but was an absolute beast at Bama. Would be a lights out trio of McClain, Watson & David. I doubt, however, that it happens.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 29, 2012, 10:49:09 AM

What exactly would the Bucs do with him? In today's passing league, 4-3 teams only play two linebackers serious snaps, and they already have those two linebackers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 29, 2012, 10:59:55 AM

Depth at a minimum

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#21 : November 29, 2012, 12:57:42 PM

If given the chance, I would look at him. That said, he has some baggage at Oakland but was an absolute beast at Bama. Would be a lights out trio of McClain, Watson & David. I doubt, however, that it happens.

Greg Cosell called him arguably the worst MLB in football. "Awful" was the term he used. He was a beast at Bama, nothing even close to that in Oakland.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 29, 2012, 01:44:34 PM

That's the thing I don't understand in the NFL, how highly talented guys from superior programs can come into the NFL and absolutely flop. Is it immaturity, coaching, scheme or the guy somehow, someway losing his skills overnight? I really have no idea but it does happen a lot.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#23 : November 29, 2012, 01:50:51 PM

how is watson in over foster? mcclain is not even better than foster, let alone watson.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 29, 2012, 01:50:54 PM

That's the thing I don't understand in the NFL, how highly talented guys from superior programs can come into the NFL and absolutely flop. Is it immaturity, coaching, scheme or the guy somehow, someway losing his skills overnight? I really have no idea but it does happen a lot.
The simple explanation is that many players who look "talented" in college have already peaked while other players are lesser developed and still have room to grow once they get into the NFL. Nick Saban might be the best college coach of all time because he can get his players to play to the absolute best of their abilities but that may not be a good thing when it comes to scouting for NFL prospects. Other coaches like Mark Richt have been known to squander talent and when you draft his players, you're often surprised how much better they are in the NFL than they looked at UGA.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 29, 2012, 01:56:12 PM

The simple explanation is that many players who look "talented" in college have already peaked while other players are lesser developed and still have room to grow once they get into the NFL. Nick Saban might be the best college coach of all time because he can get his players to play to the absolute best of their abilities but that may not be a good thing when it comes to scouting for NFL prospects. Other coaches like Mark Richt have been known to squander talent and when you draft his players, you're often surprised how much better they are in the NFL than they looked at UGA.
so that explains mark barron.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 29, 2012, 01:58:16 PM

The fact that he plays for Oakland doesn't really help anyone.

All the guy might need to get his **CENSORED** together is a change of team, coaching staff and scenery.

#27 : November 29, 2012, 03:46:38 PM

so that explains mark barron.

LOL, that's the first thing that I thought too.

FRG, you might have something there. Still, even though I'm not a fan of his style of play, you have to give Barron a chance. SS is not the same transition it used to be in the former Bucs D.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 29, 2012, 04:59:57 PM

It took John Lynch 3 years to master the position I believe.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 29, 2012, 05:58:17 PM

Work ethic is a big factor also on why some guys bust. Alot of these guys get by on their talent in HS and college but then get to the pros and expect everything to come easy.  I would also throw in someare made to look better then they really are because of the team/system that they are on in college. McClain was on a team that had Terrance Cody, M. Dareus, Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Barron, Kareem Jackson, Javier Arenas, Donta Hightower, Courtney Upshaw.. Half  that defense that was on the 2009 Alabama roster is in the NFL.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rolando McClain? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools