Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Rays are watching. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 29, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »

17- 31 in past 3 seasons (thank the lord for one of the easiest schedules ever in 2010 and Freeman for his miraculous comebacks or it could be much worse).   Owners hire a babysitter and act like they don't care about winning for 3 seasons, but it's the fans fault that people gave up their season tickets ......... *smh

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #16 : November 29, 2012, 08:36:47 AM »

It was a holiday weekend.  People we visiting family or had family in town.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 29, 2012, 09:00:20 AM »

Doubt that was a major issue.   Bigger issue is people giving up 20 season tickets prior to this season because of how the Glazers have handled the team in recent years.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #18 : November 29, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »

"Looking out at all the empty seats..."
He must not been at RayJay and only went by the numbers on Thursday.  There were only a few thousand empty seats and the endzone decks were full of people.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 29, 2012, 12:02:35 PM »

It was a holiday weekend.  People we visiting family or had family in town.

That might have been just one of a ton of reasons. Multifactorial reasons explain why they can't sell out - not just one reason. And it's the Glazer's job as owners to hire the right people on and off the field to maximize their product. It is a business after-all.   And anyone that says it's as simple as a sucky fanbase is a dimwit that isn't looking at the big picture.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #20 : November 29, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »

It's only a business when the owners make decisions.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #21 : November 29, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

And by the way, I hope the Rays are watching...........they will find out that in order to really compete you have to go out and get some of the highest paid free agents in baseball if they really want to get over the hump and stop shopping in the clearance isle!!!  Simple as that.  Give a new player 100 million not that injury ridden never will be Longoria...what a joke that deal is.

I can't let this post slide, even though it shouldn't be in this thread.  What high-priced free agents did the Giants sign to allow them to compete?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #22 : November 29, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »

Owners hire a babysitter and act like they don't care about winning for 3 seasons, but it's the fans fault that people gave up their season tickets ......... *smh

What does that have to do with today?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #23 : November 29, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

When the Bucs were good, 10 years ago and even a few years ago with Gruden, the fans were there, in droves. They will be back, soon, later in this season or next. 55,000 ain't shabby but certainly not capacity. Now as for the Rays, seperate topic.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #24 : November 29, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »

Hate, have to side with Morgan on this issue and it's a issue that I brought up on this board a few weeks ago. My company used to buy 25 season tickets, now they buy none. They had been doing that for as long as I worked at the company some 19 years. The owners have mentioned to me that the guy that owns a competitive business in Pasco also dropped his 20 season tickets a few years back. The reason: He couldn't even give away the tickets, nobody wanted to go.

You're entitled to side with Morgan.... doesn't make her take the correct one.

So now we've gone from the Glazers buying up the tix and giving them away to businesses buying up the tix and giving them away. Its a handout anyway you try to spin it. Relying on corporate sponsorship to fill the stadium just reinforces my belief that we don't have a fanbase worthy of having an NFL franchise. The final sentence in your post seems to support that as well.

Corporate sponsorship has always been a part of ticket sales. Whether they by Rays tickets, Lightning tickets or Bucs tickets there is and always has been a portion of guaranteed ticket sales that have gone to corporations that either give the tickets to employees or as 'gift's' to visiting customers.

All I'm saying is that is that the corporations have not purchased tickets in the amounts that they have done in the past and that is also hurting the stadium attendance.

I've never advocated that the Glazers need to buy up unpurchased tickets, while I do sometimes think that they limit the exposure of the team to the very audience that they are attempting to attract, I honestly think that as the team improves, the fans will come.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #25 : November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »

When the Bucs were good, 10 years ago and even a few years ago with Gruden, the fans were there, in droves. They will be back, soon, later in this season or next. 55,000 ain't shabby but certainly not capacity. Now as for the Rays, seperate topic.

Here's the one thing that drives me absolutely crazy.  54,000 (the average attendance) IS shabby.  Nobody should find that acceptable as a fanbase. 

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #26 : November 29, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

That's the classic definition of a fair weather fan.  After winning 10 games in 2010 we didn't sell out opening day against the Lions. Somehow, I am doubting.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
« #27 : November 29, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »

Yeah this is crazy trying not to blame the fans.. It's the people of Tampa that is the problem. Even the the last playoff game the bucs had there was more giants fans than bucs fans. Is that a result of the business of tampa.. Lame lame lame

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #28 : November 29, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »

Owners hire a babysitter and act like they don't care about winning for 3 seasons, but it's the fans fault that people gave up their season tickets ......... *smh

What does that have to do with today?

You think that the guy giving up 20 season tickets is going to re-up halfway through the next season 4 game winning streak or not?   And that is just one business and one season ticket holder.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #29 : November 29, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

Even the the last playoff game the bucs had there was more giants fans than bucs fans.

no there wasn't
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Rays are watching. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools