Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Rays are watching. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 29, 2012, 01:34:22 PM

When the Bucs were good, 10 years ago and even a few years ago with Gruden, the fans were there, in droves. They will be back, soon, later in this season or next. 55,000 ain't shabby but certainly not capacity. Now as for the Rays, seperate topic.

That's the classic definition of a fair weather fan. 

staying home and not going to a game doesn't make someone a fairweather fan .....

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 29, 2012, 01:37:45 PM

This guy is obviously a moron who wants what he wants now and only now.  This team has been in a tailspin for the last ten years.  The fans have completely tuned this ownership out.  In fact there is a hatred for this ownership by most fans as many of us know.  It is going to take quite some time for the fanbase to believe in this orginization again. Let me tell you, if anyone thinks that just because they went out and flashed some cash at this town, that magically the stadium is going to fill up, you have another thing coming.  Yes, this town can be a fair weather town but we are not stupid and are not going to be bought off after one season of righting the ship. IMO us fans are waiting to see a continued commitment to winning and not just a smoke and mirrors one time deal to win us over.  I am a 15 year season ticket holder and think that I, like other longtime season tix holders, may have slightly more insight than the average fan at home.  We are there week in and week out and see what they Glazerbaums have really done. Other than buying some players and a new coach not much has changed.  I am on board the ship still and like what has been done with the team to this point.  As long as they keep adding to the quality of the players the rest will fall into place in the next 2 years. This isn't going to happen overnight and I think the BUCS know that. Tom jones is a freakin idiot. I officially think he dislikes this team. All he does is bash it.
Plus one million, especially the part about Jones.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 29, 2012, 01:42:15 PM

When the Bucs were good, 10 years ago and even a few years ago with Gruden, the fans were there, in droves. They will be back, soon, later in this season or next. 55,000 ain't shabby but certainly not capacity. Now as for the Rays, seperate topic.

staying home and not going to a game doesn't make someone a fairweather fan .....
Tom Jones
Eats his scones
And picks on the Bucs all day.
Said fans that are true
We don't like you.
Tom Jones please go away!

In Verner We Trust

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : November 29, 2012, 02:43:39 PM

Even the the last playoff game the bucs had there was more giants fans than bucs fans.

I didn't live here then, is that accurate?

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 29, 2012, 02:51:18 PM

No, not accurate.  There were a lot of Giants fans, especially for a playoff game when they had one week to plan it, but not more than Bucs fans.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 29, 2012, 03:00:14 PM

Thanks - guess if that poster is going to post inaccuracies like that, anything else he posts is going to be suspect.

Lots of things were going on in the1998-2008. New stadium, season ticket deposits, a good team = more tickets sold. Back then the Glazers held season ticket holders hostage w/ the deposit. It no longer exists.  The team has stunk for several seasons and the payroll of the team has been among the league's worst for several seasons. Doubt if the fanbase is stupid enough to come back in one season based on a few wins in 2012.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#36 : November 29, 2012, 03:02:33 PM

So fans who buy tickets are stupid now?  Careful there.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#37 : November 29, 2012, 03:12:15 PM

It's the bold part. Lotss of  losing teams sell out more than we do.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 29, 2012, 03:15:14 PM

So fans who buy tickets are stupid now?  Careful there.

Collectively, they're not buying tickets, yet. Isn't that that the issue at hand?

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 29, 2012, 03:17:48 PM

You said fans aren't stupid enough to buy tickets.  Your words.  That implies the fans who are season ticket holders, or do go to games, are stupid.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : November 29, 2012, 03:20:39 PM

You said fans aren't stupid enough to buy tickets.  Your words.  That implies the fans who are season ticket holders, or do go to games, are stupid.

"fanbase" is a collective term - 40k Buc fans attend the games, hundreds of thousands stay home and don't.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 29, 2012, 03:24:23 PM

Well then.  If the "fanbase" as a collective is only going to buy tickets when they win, and only will buy it when they win, because it would be "stupid" to buy tickets if they aren't winning, then the entire Bucs fanbase is fairweather by definition and deserves ridicule.  However, I don't think things are that black and white.  And I will never consider it stupid to support your team whether they're winning or losing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 29, 2012, 04:28:14 PM

Lol @ Morgana. Her personalities are tag-teaming the board today.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : November 29, 2012, 04:39:01 PM

It's the bold part. Lotss of  losing teams sell out more than we do.

staying home does not make a fan a fairweather fan

not getting into the losing teams nonsense, there's multiple factors involved

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 29, 2012, 04:42:44 PM

Well then.  If the "fanbase" as a collective is only going to buy tickets when they win, and only will buy it when they win, because it would be "stupid" to buy tickets if they aren't winning, then the entire Bucs fanbase is fairweather by definition and deserves ridicule.  However, I don't think things are that black and white.  And I will never consider it stupid to support your team whether they're winning or losing.

again, buying a ticket or not does not define a fairweather fan.   And we sold out every game in multiple years when we had a losing record (I believe 3 years under Gruden and the first under Morris I believe).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Rays are watching. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools