Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keith Tandy? « previous next »
Page: 1

red816

Rookie

: November 29, 2012, 03:27:03 PM

Has he seen any PT at corner?
I know he may be used a lot in special teams but I wonder why he hasn't been given an opportunity like Lewis or the other guy just picked up, Goorer, or whatever his name is.
At this point with Wright suspended, might as well see what all these DB's can bring to the table, right?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 29, 2012, 03:28:39 PM

He didn't play a defensive snap, but he was active.  A step in the right direction, at least.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 29, 2012, 03:29:46 PM

I think it's because we're playing a lot more man coverage, which guys like Gorrer and Lewis are better at. He's more of a zone guy who is a better tackler.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 29, 2012, 06:30:47 PM

Greg Schiano brought a hard press man-zone scheme to Tampa this year. Why did Schiano draft Keith Tandy if Tandy is more of a zone guy?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 29, 2012, 06:46:04 PM

Greg Schiano brought a hard press man-zone scheme to Tampa this year. Why did Schiano draft Keith Tandy if Tandy is more of a zone guy?

No idea, maybe he thought he could adjust, but hasn't been able to so far? Maybe he wants to convert him to a safety or just be a special teams player? I don't see him being able to ever start in this type of a defense as a CB though. Maybe he could play nickle towards the LOS kind of like Ronde Barber did.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 29, 2012, 07:31:15 PM

I think he's thought of more as a S by Schiano; with his skill set, makes sense. And now with Grimm down, even more so...

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#6 : November 29, 2012, 07:34:57 PM

That's true, and a good point. Touche sir.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keith Tandy? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools