Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden will attend Bucs 10-year anniversary celebration of Super Bowl XXXVII « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : November 29, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

Jon Gruden sat in rented office at a local strip mall pouring over film as the founder of his Fired Football Coaches Association (FFCA) a few months ago. His visitor on this day was former Bucs defensive tackle Warren Sapp and soon the discussion turned to the 10th anniversary reunion of their Super Bowl XXXVII championship team scheduled for halftime of the Dec. 9 game versus Philadelphia at Raymond James Stadium.

Sapp said Gruden **CENSORED**ed an eyebrow and gave his famous Chucky scowl when asked about attending the event. His schedule called for him to be in Foxborough, Mass., to prepare to broadcast the Monday Night Football game for ESPN between the Patriots and Houston Texans.

“I told Jon, I can’t go without you,’’ Sapp said. “Just like that cover of Sports Illustrated (Sept. 9, 2002) when you said you’re not taking that picture with Keyshawn (Johnson)? I’m not coming back to this reunion without you. Me and you are going to be the only two missing? Really? That’s what we’re going to do? We’ll have a Mexican stare down and the head coach and the captain aren’t going to be there? That’s what we’re going to do?

“Yeah, he’s coming. Hell yeah, he’s coming. I’m telling you, I’ve never been back to that stadium. I’m not going back without the head of my ship. We’ve got to have him. I grinded on him for a good two months.’’

Gruden’s grinder got his way. On Thursday, the Bucs announced that Gruden will attend the Super Bowl XXXVII celebration Sunday, Dec. 9.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/gruden-will-attend-bucs-10-year-anniversary-celebration-super-bowl-xxxii-title-dec-9

« : November 29, 2012, 06:41:49 PM Morgan »

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #1 : November 29, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

Nice, glad Gru and the Glazers could put the past behind them, sort of.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : November 29, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

The 2002 Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reuniting on the weekend of Dec. 8-9, and if they wanted to they could just about stage a reenactment of the greatest game in franchise history.

The quarterback who threw two touchdown passes in Super Bowl XXXVII will be there, as will the wide receiver who caught them both.  The Super Bowl MVP will be on hand, and so will the other Buccaneer defensive back who picked off two passes on that glorious evening.  The team's leading rusher, top sack artist, most feared hitter, most inspirational postseason figure, dead-eye kicker, defensive MVP, emotional leader and all five men who protected the quarterback…all of them will reunite not only with each other on Saturday evening but with the Buccaneer faithful on Sunday afternoon.

More than 50 former players and coaches from the team that beat Oakland, 48-21, in Super Bowl XXXVII on January 26, 2003 are returning to their football home for a 10-year reunion.  That team will be honored with a halftime ceremony during the December 9 game against the team they beat to get into the Super Bowl, the Philadelphia Eagles.  Buccaneer fans sharing in the moment will recognize nearly every key figure from that team, and many, many more.

Head Coach Jon Gruden will be there, as will LB Derrick Brooks, S John Lynch, DT Warren Sapp, QB Brad Johnson, DT Simeon Rice FB Mike Alstott, WR Keenan McCardell and Super Bowl MVP S Dexter Jackson, just to name a few.  The only player on that 2002 team still playing in the NFL, Ronde Barber, will obviously make an appearance, as will LB Shelton Quarles, who is now the team's coordinator of Pro Scouting.

Lynch will come down from the FOX broadcast booth, where he will be describing the game action as a color analyst.  Sapp, who is now a studio analyst for the NFL Network, has also found a way to make the trip, though WR Keyshawn Johnson, who does the same thing for ESPN, was unable to get out of that commitment.  There are, of course, others who are unavailable due to football commitments with other teams, such as Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin and Defensive Backs Coach Mike Tomlin.

Nevertheless, the expected turnout for the championship reunion is almost unbelievably strong.  Without further ado, here is the entire list of confirmed attendees at the Super Bowl team reunion on December 9, as of Thursday (subject to addition or change):

Players

FB Mike Alstott

CB Ronde Barber

WR Reggie Barlow

FB Darian Barnes

LS Ryan Benjamin

LB Derrick Brooks

T Lomas Brown

C Jeff Christy

G Cosey Coleman

FB Jameel Cook

DT Chartric Darby

TE Rickey Dudley

LB Jack Golden

T Dan Goodspeed

K Martin Gramatica

T Cornell Green

DT Buck Gurley

S John Howell

CB Corey Ivy

S Dexter Jackson

G Kerry Jenkins

QB Brad Johnson

WR Joe Jurevicius

CB Brian Kelly

QB Shaun King

S John Lynch

WR Keenan McCardell

DT Anthony McFarland

LB Ryan Nece

T Roman Oben

WR Onome Ojo

S Jermaine Phillips

RB Michael Pittman

LB Shelton Quarles

DE Simeon Rice

DT Warren Sapp

LB Alshermond Singleton

CB Dwight Smith

LB Justin Smith

RB Travis Stephens

T Kenyatta Walker

DE Ron Warner

TE Daniel Wilcox

WR Karl Williams

DE Ellis Wyms

TE Todd Yoder

Coaches

* Assistant to Head Coach/Football Operations Mark Arteaga

* Head Coach Jon Gruden

* Wide Receivers Coach Richard Mann

* Quarterbacks Coach Stan Parrish

* Tight Ends Coach Art Valero

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Stars-Aligning-for-Super-Bowl-Reunion/6437dbf3-83f5-4e0c-80d7-d0620259dd10

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : November 29, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »

“You think I give a fu*k that half those old timers hate my guts? I’m coming to the damn 10th anniversary party. I can’t want for Joel Glazer to serve me a damn shot of Cuervo at the banquet. Seat me next to Mark Alstott, Keyshawn, Shaun King, Jurevicius, Lynch, I’ll fight all of them. Just don’t ask me to pick Al Singleton out of a lineup. Monte can sit with those guys.”....Jon Gruden regarding upcoming Super Bowl Reunion Celebration at RayJay.

JoeBucsFan.com

gone

Hall of Famer
« #4 : November 29, 2012, 06:35:18 PM »

I'm sure Key lobbied real hard to get time off to come here...

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #5 : November 29, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »

I'm glad Gruden will be there. Despite how things ended for him here, no one can ever take away that Super Bowl.

Looks like the only one who couldn't put the past behind them is Keyshawn. Surprise.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #6 : November 29, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »

No Monte Kiffin...

Glad we cleared that up.

Diabolitio

Rookie

« #7 : November 29, 2012, 07:25:01 PM »

Piss on Keyshawn. The fact that he can't step outside his own ego for a few hours to remember a great team accomplishment just shows what he is really made of.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 29, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »

And no Rod Marinelli...

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 29, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »

**CENSORED** Keyshawn anyway. He was never really a Buccaneer.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 29, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »

**CENSORED** Keyshawn anyway. He was never really a Buccaneer.

I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about being a Buc.  And I'm pretty sure the rest of those guys feel the same way about him too.  He isn't wanted there.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 29, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »

Keyshawn might not have made it out of the reunion party to get to the stadium on Sunday. Doubt many other players there will miss him not being there.

geetech84

Starter

« #12 : November 29, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

it's great Gruden going to be there, but I wondering if its also because the Bucs are playing the Eagles...(coaching possibility )

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

« #13 : November 29, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »

And no Rod Marinelli...
I believe he will be working....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #14 : November 29, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »

That's awesome. I think Keyshawn should be there as well. His playing days are over. Get over it.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden will attend Bucs 10-year anniversary celebration of Super Bowl XXXVII « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools