Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ms Elam

Starter

#15 : November 30, 2012, 11:19:20 AM

I want Sully and Freeman to have 4-5 years together. Freeman and this franchise need that stability. No stability at QB makes it extremely hard to build a franchise. Look at the 49ers. Always had one of the most talented teams in the NFL but because no QB, it was a coaching carousel in there until QB guru Harbaugh came along.

+1. Can't do anything too well without stability.
Won't happen. Would be nice though.

Sim

Starter

#16 : November 30, 2012, 12:14:40 PM

Our offense needs to do well for at least another year or two before Sullivan becomes a serious HC candidate. Even Greg Olson was considered a hot name after the 2010 season and we all know how that turned out.

I'm confident we're gonna have Sully with us for a few years or at least until the Bucs go deep in the playoffs and the national media REALLY gets a chance to hype him up.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 30, 2012, 12:23:41 PM

Not worried about this. We'll have to have another good year in 2013 before anyone starts interviewing him for HC.

Hope you're right. There could be as many as 10 NFL head coaching jobs open this offseason. He'll get some attention.

Let's see.....Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, Jets, Chiefs, Cardinals, Panthers, Browns and maybe Redskins and Lions......damn. Didn't realize that many coaching jobs are on the hot seat. But I think with how disciplined Sullivan is as a leader, I think he has a lot of loyalty and wouldn't just up and pack his bags after one season with a team. I don't think he would even think he'd be ready to become an NFL head coach right away right now. Especially though why would you leave a team that looks like the future is so bright to head to a complete disaster like most those teams I mentioned. I reaaaally hope he stays with us for a good 4-5 years even though that's hard to do in this league.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#18 : November 30, 2012, 12:29:33 PM

Bigger question, what the hell are the Bucs going to do when Sully does leave??????

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 30, 2012, 12:34:27 PM

Bigger question, what the hell are the Bucs going to do when Sully does leave??????

Good question. You know what Im gonna go on a limb here and say the success they are having isnt because of Sullivan. Well hes a big part of it but a bigger part of it has to do with them figuring out what Freeman does well at and doesnt do so well at. Before the bye our offense stunk. After they lit it up. Why? Because the coaching staff figured out Freeman. I think the fact they found out Freeman does well has enabled them to simplify it in a way that they keep the things that works and rids the rest. If Sully does leave, they have found out what Freeman does well and doesnt do well at. If there is a new OC, he can pick up right where Sully left off with that. You miss Sully as a coach and teacher but at least you found out how to use Freeman.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 30, 2012, 01:25:59 PM

Good question. You know what Im gonna go on a limb here and say the success they are having isnt because of Sullivan. Well hes a big part of it but a bigger part of it has to do with them figuring out what Freeman does well at and doesnt do so well at. Before the bye our offense stunk. After they lit it up. Why? Because the coaching staff figured out Freeman. I think the fact they found out Freeman does well has enabled them to simplify it in a way that they keep the things that works and rids the rest. If Sully does leave, they have found out what Freeman does well and doesnt do well at. If there is a new OC, he can pick up right where Sully left off with that. You miss Sully as a coach and teacher but at least you found out how to use Freeman.

Replacing him is easy... Darrell Hazell   :D

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : November 30, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

He's more qualified to be an NFL head coach than Schiano.   

Best offense we've EVER seen here....including the guru's. Imagine that!!

There is little doubt that Gruden is the best offensive coach this team has ever had.   He took garbage talent on offense and actually did something with them.   Right now, this team has more offensive talent than at any time in team history.   The defense suffers now because all the money is on the offensive side of the ball.  Exactly the opposite was true during the Super Bowl run.   Back then, most of the money was on the defensive side of the ball.   Then again, only someone who knows football would realize that. 

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#22 : November 30, 2012, 02:37:22 PM

There is little doubt that Gruden is the best offensive coach this team has ever had.   He took garbage talent on offense and actually did something with them.   Right now, this team has more offensive talent than at any time in team history.   The defense suffers now because all the money is on the offensive side of the ball.  Exactly the opposite was true during the Super Bowl run.   Back then, most of the money was on the defensive side of the ball.   Then again, only someone who knows football would realize that.

And Raheem won 10 games without  any money or talent on either side...best coach ever?
Considering the talent, Gruden is not a bad OC, maybe even a pretty good 1,  but lack of talent is the reason for him getting fired as a HEAD coach. This team suffered and still suffers because of his inability to bring in any talent, spending money and draft picks on non football players.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 30, 2012, 02:41:00 PM

Disagree. Sully is better.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 30, 2012, 02:52:01 PM

McKay/Gruden brought in just enough VETERAN offensive talent under the cap to get us over the playoff hump that Dungy kept tripping over. Unfortunately, that's just a short-term solution, as most of Gruden's vets rapidly declined health-wise after that magical 2002 season.
       Unlike Schiano & Co., Gruden didn't DEVELOP young talent all that much.
       Impossible to compare a veteran offensive coach like Gruden vs a 1st year OC; I'll let Sullivan get some TIG as an OC before judging. I will say Sullivan/Schiano showed a willingness to adapt since the Bye week which is highly encouraging. They may well have wanted to keep the new system simple for Josh to begin with; don't know. But obviously we're night and day between before Bye week and after Bye week.
       I suspect if Sullivan gets an opportunity to be a HC, Schiano would give his blessing. Don't see him blocking it; as for Dom or the Glazers, dunno...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 30, 2012, 06:09:18 PM

He's more qualified to be an NFL head coach than Schiano.   Sully's the reason this team is having a good season.    I expect him to be a head coach next season for someone.
if this were Facebook I'd like this comment Java.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 30, 2012, 06:11:29 PM

dude, you know your football.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 30, 2012, 07:38:54 PM

McKay/Gruden brought in just enough VETERAN offensive talent under the cap to get us over the playoff hump that Dungy kept tripping over. Unfortunately, that's just a short-term solution, as most of Gruden's vets rapidly declined health-wise after that magical 2002 season.
       Unlike Schiano & Co., Gruden didn't DEVELOP young talent all that much.
       Impossible to compare a veteran offensive coach like Gruden vs a 1st year OC; I'll let Sullivan get some TIG as an OC before judging. I will say Sullivan/Schiano showed a willingness to adapt since the Bye week which is highly encouraging. They may well have wanted to keep the new system simple for Josh to begin with; don't know. But obviously we're night and day between before Bye week and after Bye week.
       I suspect if Sullivan gets an opportunity to be a HC, Schiano would give his blessing. Don't see him blocking it; as for Dom or the Glazers, dunno...

I think he is here at least one more complete season.  And it most likely is wriiten in his contract,  he can bail for a HC gig, no strings attached.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JM2

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 30, 2012, 08:04:52 PM

Gruden wouldn't be able to succeed with this offense. He would probably freeze like a deer in headlights trying to figure out how to set up his personnel packages in such a way as to avoid having Martin, Williams or Jackson on the field at the same time...

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 30, 2012, 08:06:44 PM

I think he's done a good job.. But his play calling needs improvement. How good would this guy be without Jackson?

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools