Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 30, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

I think he's done a good job.. But his play calling needs improvement. How good would this guy be without Jackson?

He mixes it up pretty well.  Dougie gets some nice looks.  The WR's get open on a consistant basis.  Hell.. we even have Mike winging passes.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : November 30, 2012, 09:43:51 PM

Gruden wouldn't be able to succeed with this offense. He would probably freeze like a deer in headlights trying to figure out how to set up his personnel packages in such a way as to avoid having Martin, Williams or Jackson on the field at the same time...
yeah, I remember how much trouble he had in Oakland ..............

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 30, 2012, 10:37:30 PM

I think he's done a good job.. But his play calling needs improvement. How good would this guy be without Jackson?

He mixes it up pretty well.  Dougie gets some nice looks.  The WR's get open on a consistant basis.  Hell.. we even have Mike winging passes.

Agreed.. But his goal line play-calling is atrocious.

This guy...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 01, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

How is that?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 01, 2012, 09:49:36 AM

How is that?

Remember that longest passing play in Bucs history? That one we could t punch in because we had no wide receivers on the field and everybody and their pet Parakeet knew what the play was... And then on 4th down he has josh roll out.. That utimately lost us that game

This guy...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 01, 2012, 01:40:45 PM

So because the players on the field get outplayed and our offense can't get 1 yard in 4 tries....that is bad play calling? I disagree. If you first and goal on the one yard line and you want to be considered a tough nosed physical run team....you have to just get it. We have also done plenty of play action to FBs or TEs when were inside the 5 yard line, but lining up in an obvious run formation and pounding it is not bad play calling. It's called setting a tone and earning a reputation. Unfortunately, Sullivan/Schiano have given our guys the chance to earn that reputation....and they just haven't been able to execute. We've been out played several times this season in  short yardage situations. Sucks...but it is not on Sully or his play calling.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 01, 2012, 01:49:19 PM

Agree those are situations players really need to execute and win their battles. The worst was the three strait times with Bllount into the line. Bottom line blocking needs to be better and Blount needs run more decisively. If they do, Blount gets in and we may win that game.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 01, 2012, 03:25:24 PM

He's more qualified to be an NFL head coach than Schiano. 

He was QB coach for the Giants last season. Saying he's more qualified to be a head coach than Schiano is almost like endorsing Raheem Morris' HC tenure with the Bucs.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 01, 2012, 03:26:54 PM

He's more qualified to be an NFL head coach than Schiano. 

He was QB coach for the Giants last season. Saying he's more qualified to be a head coach than Schiano is almost like endorsing Raheem Morris' HC tenure with the Bucs.

Oh snap. Yup.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 01, 2012, 04:12:59 PM

So because the players on the field get outplayed and our offense can't get 1 yard in 4 tries....that is bad play calling? I disagree. If you first and goal on the one yard line and you want to be considered a tough nosed physical run team....you have to just get it.

It was the most obivious and uninspired playcalling ive ever seen. I was furious.

Sugarcoat it all you want but Sullivan designed the plays and he knows what kind of players he has. What other team in the NFL would have ran that same formation 4 plays in a row?? Sullivan has done a overall good job but to back that up is a joke.

Unfortunately, Sullivan/Schiano have given our guys the chance to earn that reputation....and they just haven't been able to execute. We've been out played several times this season in  short yardage situations. Sucks...but it is not on Sully or his play calling.

Your logic on this ridiculous. Does Sullivan deserve absolutely no critisism? Its all on the players? Gimme a break. He needs to improve his playcalling

This guy...

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 01, 2012, 04:14:29 PM

Agree those are situations players really need to execute and win their battles. The worst was the three strait times with Bllount into the line. Bottom line blocking needs to be better and Blount needs run more decisively. If they do, Blount gets in and we may win that game.

How about we dont call them same exact play 3 times in a row.. And the get "sneaky" with a Freeman run. That drive was embarrassing; and lost us a key divisional game.

This guy...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 01, 2012, 07:00:21 PM

We can agree to disagree, but it's football man. I'm not sugar coating anything. Sometimes there is no trickery or disguise needed. You just have to line up and want it more than the other team. Our staff showed confidence that we could do that, enforce our will on them, and our guys failed. If we want to be a hard nosed squad like the 49ers or Steelers, we have to call plays like that and we have to be successful.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 01, 2012, 07:09:53 PM

I'm suprised he was able to compensate for the loss of the Benn'd Around out of the playbook .....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 01, 2012, 07:45:25 PM

What about running it late in the Dallas game? I suppose you blame the players for that too

This guy...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 02, 2012, 11:23:24 AM

Mort mentioned Sully (among 10 or so other coaches) as an option to take over at Boston College.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools