Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 02, 2012, 11:42:16 AM

If Sullivan is "expressing interest" in the BC HC job in the middle of the Bucs making a playoff push, then "to hell with him".  I have not been overly impressed with play calling, as well.  Honestly, dont think it's "rocket science" to devise a good offensive scheme for what our QB and talent on offensive side of the ball need.  In fact, I think its a rather simple scheme, so far, anyway.  Of course, I'd like to see Sullivan stay and finish the job he's started, and I dont think it speaks well of his character to bail on Shiano, as Shiano has given him his 1st chance as an NFL OC, but, I also think there are PLENTY of comparable and even more qualified OC's out there.  I don't like our short and intermediate passing game, which IMO, is a much more difficult area in an offense to prepare for, but I'm not sure if that's not due to Freeman's lack of accuracy, or Sullivan's lack of creativity, or most likely a combination of both.  Anyway, if Sullivan leaves, we will be fine, Shiano knows what type of offense he want to run and it just so happens to fit the talent we have on offense.

gillen033

Starter

#46 : December 02, 2012, 12:52:52 PM

What do you guys think of Norv Turner as OC next year? He's most likely done in San Diego after the year, and assuming he doesn't get a HC offer (which is no certainty), it would make sense for him to come here. His brother is QB coach and he has a former player in Vincent Jackson, and from what I can tell his offense revolves around the run/play action, so he'd fit Shiano's mold.

Only problem I could see is if his brother's angling for an OC job, it might be weird for him to come here.

Sim

Starter

#47 : December 02, 2012, 02:30:31 PM

What do you guys think of Norv Turner as OC next year? He's most likely done in San Diego after the year, and assuming he doesn't get a HC offer (which is no certainty), it would make sense for him to come here. His brother is QB coach and he has a former player in Vincent Jackson, and from what I can tell his offense revolves around the run/play action, so he'd fit Shiano's mold.

Only problem I could see is if his brother's angling for an OC job, it might be weird for him to come here.

Norv is an interesting candidate. Horrible head coach but has had some success on offense.

Keeping Ron as QB coach would ensure Free has some continuity and I'd like to think that the two brothers would enjoy working together. But who knows...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : December 02, 2012, 03:43:29 PM

I expect Sullivan to be the head coach of the Panthers next year.

Stratobuc

Starter
#49 : December 02, 2012, 04:09:28 PM

That would be a coup if they could take him from us. The guy is an excellent OC, and will probably be a good HC - when he is ready.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 17, 2013, 05:01:47 PM

Hmmmm.......

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 17, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Reminds me if those Olsen threads after the 2010 season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 17, 2013, 09:57:58 PM

He still could be a HC candidate. All he has to do is disassociate himself from Schiano.  I think that move last Sunday, where he stayed upstairs the whole game, was a move in that direction.   IMO

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan could soon emerge as a hot candidate for an NFL head coaching job. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools