Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Bucs @ Broncos Game Day Thread (Early Edition) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 62

JDouble

Hall of Famer
: November 30, 2012, 08:10:10 AM

So most of you don't give us a chance and say we will get blown out. I'm not buying it. We need it more and want it more and I think we'll take it.

Here is an amusing article on Peyton's faltering arm strength.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Peyton-Manning-throwing-as-well-as-ever.html

Asked by a reporter if his passes are a bit more wobbly and less frequently resemble the tight spirals of his Colts days, Broncos QB Peyton Manning became a bit defensive and very facetious.

Is it of concern to you? Manning said. Is it something I need to fix to make you feel better? You tell me. Ill work on it today if its bothering you.

Haha! Seems a little touchy no? He knows he's fading physically and there's nothing he can do about it. Whether or not they beat us this Sunday, I predict a late season collapse due to Manning wearing out physically. One and done in the playoffs.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 30, 2012, 08:57:54 AM

I'm not buying it either jdub.

Right now i'd bet the mortgage on us at +8 and I also think there is a good chance we'll pull of a nice upset. This team plays better every week and I see no reason why that doesn't continue. They are missing 2 offensive lineman and a starting RB. They are going to have the throw the ball a lot and if we can make enough plays (ie turnovers) we can win it. That has been the gameplan all year. Make them one dimensional and try to capitalize.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 30, 2012, 09:03:45 AM

No way this team wins.  We can't cover and their D is a beast.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#3 : November 30, 2012, 09:21:12 AM

They gave up 23+
2 x Chrgers
Patriots
Texans
Bengals
Falcons

They are good,  but not invincible.

Go Bucs! Let's get this win!

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#4 : November 30, 2012, 09:23:42 AM

Early edition. Aren't they all these days?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 30, 2012, 09:57:10 AM

They gave up 23+
2 x Chrgers
Patriots
Texans
Bengals
Falcons

They are good,  but not invincible.

Go Bucs! Let's get this win!

Please don't cloud this dicussion with any sort of rational thought, lol.

They are a solid team on offense and defense. Not to mention Trindin Holiday has made them an explosive on ST. They are not invincible however. Look as far back as last week and you can see that they have flaws, just as we do.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 30, 2012, 10:08:30 AM

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 30, 2012, 10:25:23 AM

Payton owns the Bucs, I don't like our chances. At Times last week our secondary and D in general looked very worn down, add in the no huddle and altitude and we will be struggling in the 2nd half to get a hand on anyone.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 30, 2012, 10:30:28 AM

You would think we lost already. With the way we play, this team has a chance to beat anybody.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#9 : November 30, 2012, 10:38:16 AM

There's always a chance, but extremely low.  Our secondary will be winged by the 3rd quarter and running around aimlessly trying to figure out who to cover.

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 30, 2012, 10:39:34 AM

Per Peter King

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-5) at Denver Broncos (8-3)
This easily could go the other way, but Peyton Manning's going to have his way with the inexperienced (except for Ronde Barber) Bucs secondary. Much, much admiration, by the way, for the way Knowshon Moreno handled his business last week. Here's a guy who was on the scout team much of the season, and with the injury to Willis McGahee had to step up and play well to beat the Chiefs. He did.

Broncos - 24    
Buccaneers - 20

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 30, 2012, 12:07:08 PM

This is a MUST win on a few different levels. This would be a HUGE statement win just beating Peyton and the Broncos on the road, and with the Saints losing and the Seahawks not being able to win **CENSORED** on the road....this would almost guarantee us a playoff spot. I know there would still be 4 games left, but if we went and beat the Broncos at Denver then we sure as hell aren't losing at home to Philly or the Rams, and the last game against the Falcons those guys will probably sit out a good number of their starters. We can't afford to lose two games in a row right now if we're going to be a playoff team.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#12 : November 30, 2012, 12:11:56 PM

This is a MUST win on a few different levels. This would be a HUGE statement win just beating Peyton and the Broncos on the road, and with the Saints losing and the Seahawks not being able to win **CENSORED** on the road....this would almost guarantee us a playoff spot. I know there would still be 4 games left, but if we went and beat the Broncos at Denver then we sure as hell aren't losing at home to Philly or the Rams, and the last game against the Falcons those guys will probably sit out a good number of their starters. We can't afford to lose two games in a row right now if we're going to be a playoff team.

All good points except the first and the last. It would be a huge statement, and greatly increase the chances at the playoffs. But as long as the Seahawks lose this week there is still a pretty decent chance we make the playoffs. The season is not over if we lose this game.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 30, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

I was thinking along the same lines although I don't think this is a MUST win, it will be a HUGE statement game and would think it would do wonders for our confidence. We have yet to beat a playoff caliber team, after the Broncos we won't play a winning team until the Falcons and like you said they will probably be sitting most of their starters. If we end up losing this weekend still think we can run the table and sneak into the playoffs at 10-6.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#14 : November 30, 2012, 12:30:51 PM

You would think we lost already. With the way we play, this team has a chance to beat anybody.

THIS!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 62
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Bucs @ Broncos Game Day Thread (Early Edition) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools