Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Bucs @ Broncos Game Day Thread (Early Edition) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 62

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 30, 2012, 12:48:02 PM

Yea I am nervous about this game but like many have said this team plays hard, playoffs are still up in the air, and this team will fight till the end. Looking forward to watching this one.

sandogbuc

Second String

#16 : November 30, 2012, 01:25:36 PM

You guys keep under estimating how deadly our offense has become and it's the opposing defensive that's in trouble not the other way around. Yes, our defense will get shredded but it also has a knack for getting turnovers at the right time.

I'm calling my shot: Underwood redeems himself with a huge game and the Muscle Hamster comes up big in the 4th quarter.

Bucs take over the 2nd wild card spot at 7-5 with a win 38-34

BELIEVE

youngone

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 30, 2012, 01:54:06 PM

You guys keep under estimating how deadly our offense has become and it's the opposing defensive that's in trouble not the other way around. Yes, our defense will get shredded but it also has a knack for getting turnovers at the right time.

I'm calling my shot: Underwood redeems himself with a huge game and the Muscle Hamster comes up big in the 4th quarter.

BELIEVE
THIS

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 30, 2012, 02:02:18 PM

BELIEVE

I wouldn't say our offense has been deadly the last three games. It's been good but not great, got a gimme against San Diego, barely escaped Carolina and was not good enough against Atlanta.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 30, 2012, 03:19:46 PM

They are good for sure, but this game isn't any harder than when we played the Giants. Even if we jump out early like we did with the Giants, I'd expect a late rally again just like with the Giants. Difference is, we are a much better team now. We can win this game . It will take our best football to win, but we can take that wildcard spot with a win. I think we'll get everyone's best effort.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 30, 2012, 03:22:40 PM

Also, if it's a close game, which I expect it to be, we have to have the ball last. Can't let Manning have it back with anytime on the clock if it's a one score game.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 30, 2012, 03:23:15 PM

They are good for sure, but this game isn't any harder than when we played the Giants. Even if we jump out early like we did with the Giants, I'd expect a late rally again just like with the Giants. Difference is, we are a much better team now. We can win this game . It will take our best football to win, but we can take that wildcard spot with a win. I think we'll get everyone's best effort.

Keep in mind, when we played the Giants we had Wright, Talib, Black, Clayborn, Nicks, & Zuttah at center.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 30, 2012, 03:28:33 PM

Keep in mind, when we played the Giants we had Wright, Talib, Black, Clayborn, Nicks, & Zuttah at center.

No way our current CBs could look any worse than Wright and Talib did in the Giants game.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 30, 2012, 03:41:20 PM

Also, if it's a close game, which I expect it to be, we have to have the ball last. Can't let Manning have it back with anytime on the clock if it's a one score game.

Yup thats how you lose a game right there. Funny you say this though because I was thinking this many times this year. Not just with Manning. I wonder how do you make that happen. The game just kinda rolls the way it does. Difficult to control a game like that. I guess they just have to sustain the drives and chew the clock up when they do have the ball. 

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 30, 2012, 03:48:27 PM

No way our current CBs could look any worse than Wright and Talib did in the Giants game.

Even if that's the case, you still haven't accounted for the loss of Nicks, Black, Clayborn, or Zuttah from center.

sandogbuc

Second String

#25 : November 30, 2012, 03:55:05 PM

wanna know how you win a close game? Give the rock to Doug Martin in the 4th quarter. Go back to that game in Minnesota, the drive they put together in the 4th quarter took 9 minutes off the clock and was amazing with tough runs from Martin and clutch 3rd down passing by Freeman. If we have a shot on Sunday, expect to see something similar.

BELIEVE

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#26 : November 30, 2012, 04:06:38 PM

I don't know about Peyton's arm, but our secondary has proven to be lost too often.  What's the problem?  Talent?  No, the talent is there; they're just inexperienced.  You never know when it all comes together.  What needs to happen with inexperienced corners is the Dline needs to dominate; the Bucs Dline is starting to find more ability.

The flipside is that the Broncos real strenght is on D.  They have talent, but it's where the talent is playing that makes the Broncos currently a bit of a problem; Von Miller is generally playing as a linebacker; they've already got a Dline that can get to the Qb, add Von off the edge or whereever, and there's a bit of a problem. Screens is one answer, but you can't play screens forever. and the Broncos will key in on it; but, throwing out a screen every now and then is probably a good idea. I'd throw draws in there as well. Qb scrambling if Von gets too aggressive maybe . . . bottom line, the Broncos D is more of a concern to me than the O.

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 30, 2012, 04:19:10 PM

Yea Von Miller is gonna be the X factor for the success we have on offense. If hes getting to Freeman we have no chance.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : November 30, 2012, 04:21:10 PM

Broncos will go no-huddle to start the game in order to avoid slow starts that have plagued them according to Pat Kirwan (JBF.com)

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#29 : November 30, 2012, 04:36:50 PM

Well, I have seen Von Miller get tired; in fact, he almost hurt himself in a game I watched.  So basically, involve him in every play; run straight at him, run the screen on his side pass the ball to whom ever he's covering or throw the ball to somebody on his side of the field, unless of course a reciever is wide open somewhere else on the field.
: November 30, 2012, 05:56:47 PM flashgordon

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 62
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Bucs @ Broncos Game Day Thread (Early Edition) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools