Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

: November 30, 2012, 04:52:58 PM

I'm 100% convinced that Tampa will make sure to grab Ryan in the first round next year *if he declares*. Schiano recruited the hell out this kid and right now this guy is playing light-out football. I have a strong feeling that Tampa will even trade up to get him. He right on the heels of Demarcus Milliner in terms of completeness at the CB position. So with that said, get use to this kid's name. I think he will be a good one. Tampa will use that 4th to move up and snag him if we are picking too late.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 30, 2012, 04:57:47 PM

I've liked from what i've seen, and wouldn't mind Schiano picking him up.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 30, 2012, 05:01:03 PM

you really think he's a 1st rounder?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 30, 2012, 05:02:29 PM

He has been great this year. I don't see any drop off between him and Milliner to be honest. A strong combine should solidify his stock as a mere top 15 pick.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 30, 2012, 05:04:15 PM

Would be a stellar choice IMO. Lets hope he falls to us because we may have to part with more than one 4th round pick to get him and Dom don't like to part with picks. So I could see this as a very probable issue and we may not actually land him, sorry Detri. But its ok, because I really think Jonathan Banks will end up being better than both Milliner and Ryan and will be equally as stoked to land him.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 30, 2012, 05:05:39 PM

This board would crash if we drafted a kid from Rutgers in the first round.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 30, 2012, 05:06:56 PM

lol thats very true.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 30, 2012, 05:07:51 PM

if we could come away with a banks-ryan combo that would be amazing, at least from what ive read.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 30, 2012, 05:08:22 PM

Omg I would cream myself if that happened somehow.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 30, 2012, 05:23:37 PM

Would be a stellar choice IMO. Lets hope he falls to us because we may have to part with more than one 4th round pick to get him and Dom don't like to part with picks. So I could see this as a very probable issue and we may not actually land him, sorry Detri. But its ok, because I really think Jonathan Banks will end up being better than both Milliner and Ryan and will be equally as stoked to land him.
Banks isn't physical - so I'm not a big fan. He isn't afraid to play the run but far from physical player. Coverage wise he hasn't been as consistent this year with Ryan/Milliner but he certainly has the tools to be a damn good CB.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 30, 2012, 05:24:11 PM

He has been great this year. I don't see any drop off between him and Milliner to be honest. A strong combine should solidify his stock as a mere top 15 pick.

Think he will be 2nd round guy, but we have seen stranger things happen with a good combine. Think the only first rounders are Milliner, Banks, Rhodes and maybe Poyer.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 30, 2012, 06:02:49 PM

It will be interesting to see who Rutgers plays in a Bowl game.  The one knock on Ryan is he hasn't faced a NFL caliber WR this season.  If they play a team with a good WR, and shuts him down then he'll be a first rounder for sure.  If they don't play a team with a top tier WR, he'd better play in an all-star game so he can get some tape against some better competition.  Personally, I like him.  He's got good size and speed, and plays physical in the couple of games I've watched.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 30, 2012, 06:26:40 PM

According to nfldraftscout.com(best prospect site IMO) he's, as of 11/29, projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round and rated as the 8th best at his position. Can't say more than that though. Haven't seen any rutgers games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/CB

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 30, 2012, 06:57:02 PM

Banks isn't physical -

that stinks.  thought he was the opposite.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 30, 2012, 08:16:04 PM

It will be interesting to see who Rutgers plays in a Bowl game.  The one knock on Ryan is he hasn't faced a NFL caliber WR this season.  If they play a team with a good WR, and shuts him down then he'll be a first rounder for sure.  If they don't play a team with a top tier WR, he'd better play in an all-star game so he can get some tape against some better competition.  Personally, I like him.  He's got good size and speed, and plays physical in the couple of games I've watched.
Well not many do. But, I think Syracuse and Arkansas have some good WR's that will play in the NFL as late round guys.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools