Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 30, 2012, 08:16:37 PM

Banks > any other CB in the draft.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#16 : November 30, 2012, 08:38:14 PM

The good thing is that Schiano knows Ryan, and now has worked with Talib, Wright, Barber, Johnson, Biggers, etc.  Schiano should know better than anyone how Ryan's skills compare to current NFL corners.  I know a lot of people would complain that he's just bringing in his guys, but I don't think he would do that unless it was a player that could contribute.  Schiano has proven he wants to win at any cost, and I think that trumps using a high draft pick on a guy who's undeserving just out of loyalty.

And let's not forget, Schiano had the luxury of seeing Ryan go against Sanu everday in practice last season.
: November 30, 2012, 08:41:22 PM chattertonm3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 30, 2012, 08:44:56 PM

The good thing is that Schiano knows Ryan, and now has worked with Talib, Wright, Barber, Johnson, Biggers, etc.  Schiano should know better than anyone how Ryan's skills compare to current NFL corners.  I know a lot of people would complain that he's just bringing in his guys, but I don't think he would do that unless it was a player that could contribute.  Schiano has proven he wants to win at any cost, and I think that trumps using a high draft pick on a guy who's undeserving just out of loyalty.

And let's not forget, Schiano had the luxury of seeing Ryan go against Sanu everday in practice last season.

And he [Sanu] has turned out to be a pretty good player also.  The point being, Rutgers is getting better players now than yesteryear.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#18 : November 30, 2012, 08:50:58 PM

And he [Sanu] has turned out to be a pretty good player also.  The point being, Rutgers is getting better players now than yesteryear.
Agreed, and a lot of that is a credit to Schiano's ability to evaluate and develop talent.  Hope that trend continues.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 30, 2012, 08:54:55 PM

He's currently rated as a 2nd to 3rd round prospect.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 30, 2012, 09:07:17 PM

Anticipating the rise. He will shoot up draft boards.

utbuc

Second String

#21 : December 01, 2012, 12:47:48 AM

I have never seen him play or heard of him we need to double dip on cbs this year I like trufant, amerson, rhodes, there are some mocks that have us taking banks or rhodes in the first and trufant in the 2nd I would love to see that happen 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#22 : December 01, 2012, 05:53:29 AM

Anticipating the rise. He will shoot up draft boards.
As long as that's the only thing he shoots up I'm all for it.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 01, 2012, 12:33:10 PM

disagree. he has been pretty average tihs year. hes had a couple games where he got abused and burned all day long. i know hes been slowed by an injury but he hasnt lived up to billing. there isnt a single corner who has been spectacular this year. milliner has had some rough games, banks has had some rough games, rhodes has probably had the best season but he hasnt been tested much. we lack a patrick peterson or a darrelle revis or a joe haden this year

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 01, 2012, 12:34:01 PM

disagree. he has been pretty average tihs year. hes had a couple games where he got abused and burned all day long. i know hes been slowed by an injury but he hasnt lived up to billing. there isnt a single corner who has been spectacular this year. milliner has had some rough games, banks has had some rough games, rhodes has probably had the best season but he hasnt been tested much. we lack a patrick peterson or a darrelle revis or a joe haden this year
Banks totally stunk it up against LSU. He is nowhere near the best CB in the nation.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 01, 2012, 12:43:54 PM

there isnt a single corner who has been spectacular this year. milliner has had some rough games, banks has had some rough games, rhodes has probably had the best season but he hasnt been tested much. we lack a patrick peterson or a darrelle revis or a joe haden this year

I agree with all of this...and it's why we shouldn't take a CB in the 1st round. I definitely don't see it with Milliner. He has been abused this year in a few games. Johnny "football" Manziel made Milliner his **CENSORED** a few weeks ago. I haven't seen as much ACC football this year so I haven't seen much out of Rhodes this year, so I'll have to trust you as our resident FSU homer...kidding.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 01, 2012, 12:43:55 PM

Banks totally stunk it up against LSU. He is nowhere near the best CB in the nation.

exactly. its not like LSU has elite receivers and an elite QB. theyve got a couple decent receivers and an average qb. there just doesnt appear to be an elite corner this year. i dont mind taking banks if we are picking in the 20s but no earlier

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 01, 2012, 12:48:17 PM

there isnt a single corner who has been spectacular this year. milliner has had some rough games, banks has had some rough games, rhodes has probably had the best season but he hasnt been tested much. we lack a patrick peterson or a darrelle revis or a joe haden this year

I agree with all of this...and it's why we shouldn't take a CB in the 1st round. I definitely don't see it with Milliner. He has been abused this year in a few games. Johnny "football" Manziel made Milliner his **CENSORED** a few weeks ago. I haven't seen as much ACC football this year so I haven't seen much out of Rhodes this year, so I'll have to trust you as our resident FSU homer...kidding.

rhodes has played well but the qbs in the ACC avoid him like the plague. the only game he had any type of even competiton was against clemson when he had to cover deandre hopkins and sammy watkins. hopkins had 80 yards but got 65 when he matched up on a safety and not rhodes. rhodes pretty much did what he wanted against hopkins. i dunno if rhodes would fit our system because hes better in a zone based scheme playing press-man coverage. i still dont know what we(the buccs) attempt to run but it looks like man to me, actually it looks like a complete mess, and i dont know if he fits schiano's style.

im putting money that we either trade back or go BPA and take a value corner like ryan or poyer in the 2nd round

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 01, 2012, 01:06:57 PM

We will be picking in the 20s probably, if anything I think we will be trading up. Not sure if Poyer is a "Buccaneer man", but he would be great value in the second. I know a lot of people are down on Amerson but I think he would be great pick in the second.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 01, 2012, 01:11:11 PM

IMO, Amerson shows the best set of CB SKILLS, but he has struggled at times actually showing quality play.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools