Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 01, 2012, 01:12:49 PM

Some of the draftniks are already thinking this way.....

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/01/profettas-2013-nfl-mock-draft-three-rounder/2/

I have watched Mississippi State a few times this year just to see if Banks stood out to me and he didn't.  I am not that high on him.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 01, 2012, 02:50:22 PM

IMO, Amerson shows the best set of CB SKILLS, but he has struggled at times actually showing quality play.
But he can't cover the deep ball to save his life this year. Guy doesn't have the speed to cover the deep routes. He will be an excellent FS in the NFL, so I'd move him to FS if we take him.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 01, 2012, 09:03:45 PM

Off subject but wanted to ask the guys that pay attention to the draft what they thought about Tavon Austin and drafting him in the first if we are picking mid to late 20s. A first round WR would be a luxury, but I don't think we should cross him off our board because it's not a big need. Can you imagine Austin lining up in the slot with Vjax and Williams, would be a lethal trio. Plus he can return kicks. And play some RB if needed.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 01, 2012, 09:35:43 PM

@XFactor

no. we absolutely dont need any more receivers. underwood has been playing well and weve got 2 dynamic guys in jackson and williams. with the problems we have this would be a terribly wasted pick. while austin is a good player he would be a bad bad bad pick. our offense is playing well and the only position i could see us drafting in the first round would be an OT if we were getting great value. truthfully we need to focus on the defense once again. our corners are absolutely terrible and we need DL depth as well.  any offensive selections in the first round, outside of a RT, would be insane

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#34 : December 01, 2012, 10:09:34 PM

Rhodes just got a pick but it was pretty easy due to the horrible throw off a trick play lol.

utbuc

Second String

#35 : December 01, 2012, 11:01:55 PM

I know we need cbs but with it being so deep with them and there not being an elite one. I would pick austin if available he brings a lot to the table and has the ability to score a td on every touch. He would be an upgrade to our slot recievers and you can never have to many weapons

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#36 : December 01, 2012, 11:05:09 PM

Alright who saw that Georgia Tech Interception? It was amazing.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 01, 2012, 11:26:25 PM

Off subject but wanted to ask the guys that pay attention to the draft what they thought about Tavon Austin and drafting him in the first if we are picking mid to late 20s. A first round WR would be a luxury, but I don't think we should cross him off our board because it's not a big need. Can you imagine Austin lining up in the slot with Vjax and Williams, would be a lethal trio. Plus he can return kicks. And play some RB if needed.

He will be there in the 2nd. Too small to go that early. Take a CB first, Austin second, DE/DT third.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 02, 2012, 12:44:16 AM

Tavon Austin is just another West Virginia smurf. Remember how Jock Sanders and Noel Devine looked a couple of years ago? Where are they now? Austin is smaller than both of them.

I highly doubt he will go in the 2nd round and if he does he will be a bigger bust than Dexter Jackson. He is afraid of contact in college. Theres no way he dares to play in the slot in the NFL where he can't just run out of bounds.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 02, 2012, 09:04:20 AM

Tavon Austin is just another West Virginia smurf. Remember how Jock Sanders and Noel Devine looked a couple of years ago? Where are they now? Austin is smaller than both of them.

I disagree.  I didn't want Sanders at all and L'edMAO @ the posters who said Devine was "the next Barry Sanders", but Austin could be a player at the next level.  He should be in consideration for the 2nd/3rd round.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 02, 2012, 09:48:06 AM

Obviously we need DB help and will probably draft two, however, I think the greater need is pressure, consistent pressure up front. Assuming Bowers, Bennet, McCoy, Miller, Clayborn & Teo are back that leaves 3 spots open. Gibson has been adequate behind Miller but not spectacular. So if I were Dom, I actually would find a stud behind McCoy. If Bennett/Bowers is a tandem and Clayborn/Teo are one, Miller/Gibson another, poor McCoy gets no relief while getting double and triple teamed. To me, that is the first domino and number one need. The next question is how good are the CB's we have. let's say Wright is gone,  are Johnson & T. Lewis diamonds in the rough, assuming a consistent pass rush? Or nickle & dime guys? Tandy & Gaitor? I think we will find this out in the remaining games. Can any college DB come in and be the shut down corner out of the gate? I'm not sure. I also think we need Black's replacement to fill out the LB's for the future. Schiano has done wonders stopping the run, next year, I really think the emphasis should be on getting to the QB's and the DB situation will cool itself down, while whoever is back there gets a chance to mature. Thank God we have Myron Lewis waiting in the wings.(NOT!)
: December 02, 2012, 10:36:43 AM Rusty

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 02, 2012, 10:17:34 AM

This board would crash if we drafted a kid from Rutgers in the first round.

Why?

Who cares what school or conference a player comes from? You are drafting talent not the reputation of the school, conference or coach.

I have to laugh at some on here making comments about how we need to draft more from the SEC. Guess there aren't any quality players at any other school. What a joke.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#42 : December 02, 2012, 10:34:08 AM

Pass rush

youngone

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 02, 2012, 10:41:40 AM

This board would crash if we drafted a kid from Rutgers in the first round.

Why?

Who cares what school or conference a player comes from? You are drafting talent not the reputation of the school, conference or coach.

I have to laugh at some on here making comments about how we need to draft more from the SEC. Guess there aren't any quality players at any other school. What a joke.
I'm just saying that some here would beat it to death if Schiano took a Rutgers guy over someone they liked better. Some complain just to complain, you know how it is.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 02, 2012, 10:54:40 AM

Why?

this board cares what school or conference a player is from.  have you already forgotten how much was made of the rutgers guys on the preseason roster?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Logan Ryan will likely be a Buc next year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools