Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad situation in KC.. :( « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#30 : December 01, 2012, 04:37:54 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Kansas City Mayor Sly James said Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is "very emotional" after witnessing linebacker Jovan Belcher take his own life on Saturday morning, though the team is proceeding as if it will play its game Sunday against the Carolina Panthers.

Belcher shot himself in front of Pioli and Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel in the parking lot at the team's practice facility outside of Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday morning, according to police. About an hour earlier, police said, Belcher allegedly killed his girlfriend at a residence in nearby Independence, Mo. Police identified the victim as 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins, the mother of Belcher's infant daughter.

The practice facility was quiet after police left around 10:30 a.m., with two security guards ensuring hordes of media stayed outside of its gates. Employees scurried in and out of the building. James, whom the Chiefs had called to inform of the incident, was the first to address the media.

While he declined to characterize Pioli's state of mind after Belcher thanked him and Crennel before killing himself, James said "he's very emotional about this."

[Related: Police say the Chiefs' Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life]

"I can tell you that you have absolutely no idea of what it's like to see somebody kill themselves," James said. "If you can take your worst nightmare and then put somebody you know and love into that situation and give them a gun and stand 3 feet away from them and watch them kill themselves, that's what it's like. It's unfathomable. It's something that you would love to wash away from your mind, but you can't do it. There's nothing like it. There's nothing like it. Think about your worst nightmare and multiply by five."

The Chiefs are in discussions with the NFL about whether to play a scheduled 1 p.m. ET game against the Panthers at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. The Panthers were expected to take their charter as scheduled to Kansas City.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Chiefs and the families and friends of those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy," the NFL wrote in a released statement. "We have connected the Chiefs with our national team of professional counselors to support both the team and the families of those affected. We will continue to provide assistance in any way that we can."

As of early afternoon Saturday, James said, the Chiefs planned on playing. The team met in the morning.

"I think that they think there should be a game [Sunday]," James said. "I think that they believe there's an obligation to the people of this city and the fans of this team and the fans of the other team to proceed and go forward.

"Scott is extremely concerned about making sure the fans of this team are not disappointed or left out in the cold by any decision they make. He's trying to do what's right."

yahoo sports

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 01, 2012, 06:24:31 PM

This whole thing stinks. It's almost like the guy was making a point.

Three feet from the coaches he "thanked?" Why would someone do that in front of someone they were seriously thankful to? Why make them witness such a horrible act?

I understand he wasn't in his right mind, but still, very odd. I sure hope the baby has family to depend on. Just horrible all around. VERY saddening.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 01, 2012, 06:25:48 PM

Three feet from the coaches he "thanked?" Why would someone do that in front of someone they were seriously thankful to? Why make them witness such a horrible act?

I understand he wasn't in his right mind, but still, very odd. I sure hope the baby has family to depend on. Just horrible all around. VERY saddening.

He did it when the cops pulled up... (panic move)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 01, 2012, 06:34:27 PM

He did it when the cops pulled up... (panic move)

Damn. That REALLY is f'ed up.

So I take it he knew he was about to be arrested for murder at that point?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 01, 2012, 06:40:38 PM

Just a terrible situation all around.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 01, 2012, 06:52:48 PM

Honestly this news put me in a bad mood all day. This reminds me of my bud Oj Murdock . This sucks.. I feel bad for his family, his girlfriends family, the baby, Romeo crennel & Scott pioli, the chiefs... Awful

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 01, 2012, 06:54:24 PM

I can't think of a better way to thank someone than to force them to watch you blow your brains out and scar them for life. Excellent move Jovan....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 01, 2012, 06:55:37 PM

Yeah, he shot his girlfriend with her mom present.

: December 01, 2012, 07:01:20 PM TheChronicHotAir

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 01, 2012, 06:56:23 PM

I can't think of a better way to thank someone than to force them to watch you blow your brains out and scar them for life. Excellent move Jovan....

He just murdered his girlfriend. He obviously was in a complete state of hysteria. I can't comprehend what this guy did

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#39 : December 02, 2012, 06:00:46 AM

Why would someone do that in front of someone they were seriously thankful to?

I dont know, whyd I ask my roommates at the time to call my mom and best friend as I was overdosing and trying to end it last year (successfully I might add.....was pronounced dead for 30 minutes before they got me back at the hospital finally)? Weird **CENSORED** goes through your head when your at the end of your ropes and ready to jump. You wanna see the people that matter, but you dont want them to see you like that. You cant have it both ways though. I can totally understand his line of thinking if thats who he felt he had to rely on, or could talk to. JMHO.

On a side note, as to overdosing last year, sometimes the truth is dark but the darkness sparks the truest art. If I hadnt have gone through that, or anything else Ive been through, I wouldnt be the rapper, or the man I am today. I can honestly say surviving death is the biggest and best rush a person can get. The jolt your system receives and the amount of energy you get out of it is extraordinary. Nothing Ive ever been through can touch it. I wish there was a way to simulate it to get it whenever you want (knowing you wont die......but thats the thing; you have to really think its game over/lights out or it wont work), but you cant, and have to go to places you never want to be in (and I wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy) to get there.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 02, 2012, 07:26:55 AM

Just a terrible situation all around.

When you think the Chief's situation was really bad - fans wanting Pioli out of there - fans boycotting their games - this put things in perspective for them, most likely.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 02, 2012, 08:15:43 AM

The murder-suicide shocked a franchise that has been dealing with controversies now made trivial by comparison: eight consecutive losses, injuries too numerous to count, discontent among fans and the prospect that Pioli and Crennel could be fired at season's end.

The Chiefs issued a statement that said their game Sunday afternoon against the Carolina Panthers would go on as scheduled, even as the franchise tried to come to grips with the awfulness of Belcher's death.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/12/02/murder-suicide-involving-kansas-city-chiefs-belcher-stuns-team-as-police-piece/#ixzz2DtryeUga

El Diablo

Starter

#42 : December 02, 2012, 09:20:48 AM

I wonder how they are going to address this before the game with the fans? You can't celebrate the guys life when he just killed a young girl. Maybe a moment of silence for those involved in this tragedy. What a horrible thing this guy did!!!! One of those situations where you wonder if a gun wasn't in the house would this have happened? That question however should be discussed on Pirates Cove.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 02, 2012, 09:35:35 AM

Woman = dead
Father = dead
Grandmother = traumatized
Baby = difficult future without parents

NFL = $how must go on baby!!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 02, 2012, 09:35:51 AM

I wonder how they are going to address this before the game with the fans? You can't celebrate the guys life when he just killed a young girl. Maybe a moment of silence for those involved in this tragedy. What a horrible thing this guy did!!!! One of those situations where you wonder if a gun wasn't in the house would this have happened? That question however should be discussed on Pirates Cove.

Maybe a moment of silence for those involved in this tragedy - best way to do it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sad situation in KC.. :( « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools