Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Teams We Need To Lose" Thread « previous next »
Page: 1

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2012, 01:34:03 PM

As of right now, the saints lost, the Seahawks are down by a TD to the Bears, and the Vikings are down by 10 to the packers. We also need to root for the Cowboys to lose to Philly, which seems unlikely, however it is a division game between rivals so you never know. If all of this happens, even if we lose to the Broncos, we'll be in the same exact position as last week, except the Seahawks will have a worse conference record which is good news for us.

Use this thread for any updates about these games.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : December 02, 2012, 01:40:36 PM

The Seahawks are probably our biggest challenge for that last spot.  We need them to lose today because they have 3 more home games (arz, stl, sf) and on the road to Buffalo. 

I'm guessing we will probably end up at 9-7 but that can change with a win today against Denver.  But let's say we go 9-7, we would need the Seahawks to go 2-3 in their remaining games.

I'm not too worried about the Vikings as they are one of the only teams we have a tiebreaker against.  They also have a brutal schedule so if they end up at 9-7, with a 3-2 finish; we would get in over them.

The other team that scares me is the Redskins.  Watch out for them if they beat the Giants tomorrow night.

Again, if we win today and let's say end up at 10-6, then we are almost guarenteed a spot.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 02, 2012, 01:48:25 PM

the good part is that even though the seahawks schedule is pretty easy on paper, they are almost all division games. And as we know, those games are almost always hard and close no matter who's playing. And in buffalo near the end of the year in the cold and possible snow may put the seahawks out of their element. But yeah the key would be winning tonight which would give us a little bit of breathing room. However, at the very least if the seahawks lose today, which they probably will, we'll all be in the same exact spot as before

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 02, 2012, 01:50:16 PM

The Seahawks are probably our biggest challenge for that last spot.  We need them to lose today because they have 3 more home games (arz, stl, sf) and on the road to Buffalo. 

I'm guessing we will probably end up at 9-7 but that can change with a win today against Denver.  But let's say we go 9-7, we would need the Seahawks to go 2-3 in their remaining games.

I'm not too worried about the Vikings as they are one of the only teams we have a tiebreaker against.  They also have a brutal schedule so if they end up at 9-7, with a 3-2 finish; we would get in over them.

The other team that scares me is the Redskins.  Watch out for them if they beat the Giants tomorrow night.

Again, if we win today and let's say end up at 10-6, then we are almost guarenteed a spot.

Yea I think it'sbetween us Seattle and the Redskins. Redskins make it past the next two weeks against the Giants and Ravens lookout because their last three are against losing teams. The Giants and Ravens games are home games for them to.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2012, 02:15:55 PM

Those wishing for Seattle facing harsh winter weather in Buffalo are going to be disappointed. That game is the Bills annual home game in Toronto in a dome.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : December 02, 2012, 04:38:12 PM

Seahawks won.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 02, 2012, 04:45:56 PM

Seahawks won.
Well - guess it is time to lock this thread up - what the hell was that about Ray? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 02, 2012, 04:47:31 PM

I think the Bucs game today became a "must win" w/Seattle beating Chicago.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2012, 04:48:51 PM

Seahawks won.
Well - guess it is time to lock this thread up - what the hell was that about Ray?

You mean the thread started 6 months ago that someone brought back up today?    6 months was long enough to discuss that topic.   If someone wants to start a new thread on it, feel free.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official "Teams We Need To Lose" Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools