Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christian Ponder is GARBAGE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
: December 02, 2012, 03:23:44 PM

Killing time watching the Vikings game... AP has over two hundred yards and ponder is using the play action game to his advantage, receivers are either open and he misses or he is throwing ints into double and triple coverage... Has no completions to his receivers and hasn't had a completion in over 27 minutes of play...

5/13 for 36 yards and two ints... His 1 td pass was easy as cake... He is horrible and the vikes should be looking qb again next year

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2012, 03:31:57 PM

i thought hed make it to next year with their complete lack of receivers but hes not helping himself in this game. those picks were really bad. his receivers cant get open but hes got to know to throw the ball away and not across his body like that. not having harvin affects him in the worst kind of way. outside of AP that team hasnt been very impressive

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2012, 03:32:43 PM

I'm no Ponder fan but who are they lining up at WR?

-------------------------------------------------------

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 02, 2012, 03:33:44 PM

absolutely nobody worth a crap when harvin is hurt

Ms Elam

Starter

#4 : December 02, 2012, 03:35:11 PM

This loss to the Peyton Mannings could be meaningless in the wild card race. Pleases bears hold on

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 02, 2012, 03:39:07 PM

I'm no Ponder fan but who are they lining up at WR?

It doesn't matter when he's under/overthrowning the WR's they have by 5 yards.

Ponder isn't garbage, but he's not a guy I'd like to have as a starter.  I think he would be an excellent NFL back-up.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 02, 2012, 03:41:08 PM

yeah hes looking like a career backup. he really needed to sit for at least a year before stepping in as a starter. donovan mcnabb really didnt help ponder in the least and i think hes toast in the confidence department

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 02, 2012, 03:45:11 PM

Ap had a linebacker beat down the sideline. Toby Gerhart was open and overthrown. Jerome Simpson, a receiver, has been open on several occasions and overthrown. Whoever #17 is was wide open on his last int on the sideline and ponder decided to throw into double coverage.

There receivers are crap but there are plays that he is just missing altogether.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2012, 03:47:40 PM

simpson has been terrible for them all year. he has dropped so many balls its not funny. i think ponder's lack of confidence is really hurting him. hes only throw it like 15 times and has no rhythm at all. reminds me of freeman last year. no rythm and no confidence

PewterG@tor

Starter
#9 : December 02, 2012, 06:09:28 PM

He was doo doo at FSU.  Once a Semenhole, always a Semenhole!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : December 02, 2012, 06:11:05 PM

Brad Johnson was worse than doo doo at FSU.   He didn't even start.   But he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs.   Derrick Brooks was on that Super Bowl team as well.    Once a Seminole, always a Seminole.   

PewterG@tor

Starter
#11 : December 02, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

Brad Johnson was worse than doo doo at FSU.   He didn't even start.   But he won a Super Bowl with the Bucs.   Derrick Brooks was on that Super Bowl team as well.    Once a Seminole, always a Seminole.

Brad wasn't drafted in the 1st round.  He wasn't expected to be anything other than a backup for his career.  Ponder is a 1st rounder and terrible miss for the Vikes.  Doo doo

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#12 : December 02, 2012, 06:45:43 PM

Well, he's done better in the NFL than Charlie Ward did.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 02, 2012, 06:51:15 PM

Brad Johnson had the benefit of Grudens coaching.  If Ponder had it he would win a super bowl as well.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 02, 2012, 07:28:55 PM

Brad Johnson had the benefit of Grudens coaching.  If Ponder had it he would win a super bowl as well.

Brad Johnson was a probowler before Gruden

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Christian Ponder is GARBAGE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools