Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pass Interference, the most ticky-tack call used against us every week « previous next »
Page: 1 2

burger40

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2012, 04:22:40 PM

I hate what the NFL has become. We can barely stop Manning the way it is but then he gets huge gifts like a PI on Tampa's DB who did nothing but put his hand on the WR's back to keep track of him in zone coverage...the ball wasn't even in the air yet. Pass Interference has become the most inconsistent, ticky-tack penalty there is. And every big game we get multiple of them to bite us in the ass, and it seems we rarely get them to go our way. I don't know if there is a stat house that keeps track of individual penalties, but I'm pretty sure that we get whistled for PI way above what our opponents do. Not that that is proof in and of itself but....

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 02, 2012, 04:32:16 PM

throw in the obvious hold on foster and DEN is getting all the help they (dont) need.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Madman

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 02, 2012, 04:32:37 PM

Agree!! Ball hit the ground and everyone was like what? Must be a penalty. This is Peyton Fing Manning.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 02, 2012, 04:36:44 PM

Come on, you should understand NFL rules by now.
It's not what you do that draws the flag, it's who you are playing.
You take the field against one of the leagues golden teams and they might as well start the game with you in a 14 point hole for all the help they get.

You can maim a Buc or Bills player 15 seconds after the whistle and it's fine but look at a Pats or Pack player the wrong way and it's 15 yards.

nick777777

Starter
#4 : December 02, 2012, 05:36:06 PM

Or how bout the botched snap where the d linemen got ripped back by the back of his jersey.  These refs are doing alright but they are missing ALOT of calls by the Broncos.  I literally have been screaming at my tv after that play and the long run play that foster got grabbed by the Olinemen

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 02, 2012, 07:31:17 PM

throw in the obvious hold on foster and DEN is getting all the help they (dont) need.

I don't think the refs called cost us the game but it sure seemed like we were getting nailed for penalties that were getting overlooked on them.

Barber's interference call vs. the no call on dallas clark when his jersey is being pulled away from his pads.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 02, 2012, 07:33:12 PM

the no call on dallas clark might have been the worst...magnified by john lynch jokingly giving the ref and defender a pass.

definitely didnt cost us the game.  4 3 and outs and a pick 6 in the 2nd half had more to do with the loss.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 02, 2012, 07:35:45 PM

Or we just have crap corners that can't get their head around and cover the receiver at the same time.  The young defenders are not learning from their mistakes.  That is a coaching issue.  These guys have seen significant playing time this year and the excuses are running short.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2012, 08:03:18 PM

Well LeQuan lewis got carted off so looks like we've lost even more depth.

Bayfisher.....

I would agree, they don't seem to be learning from their mistakes. That was my gripe with Biggers for the last few years. Tight coverage but could never get his head turned around and make a play on the ball. If you're looking for the ball, the refs will allow a little more contact.

- Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2012, 08:04:42 PM

We could have the worst starting corners in the last 5 years, seriously.

- Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 02, 2012, 08:09:35 PM

We do get some very ticky tack PI calls , which is fine if they are going to be ticky tack both ways.....but they never are. There were a few times where Mike WIlliams had the same things happen to him that the Broncos Wr's did and they never called it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 02, 2012, 08:10:32 PM

Or we just have crap corners that can't get their head around and cover the receiver at the same time.  The young defenders are not learning from their mistakes.  That is a coaching issue.  These guys have seen significant playing time this year and the excuses are running short.
disagree. It's a talent issue.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 02, 2012, 08:12:36 PM

The young defenders are not learning from their mistakes.  That is a coaching issue.  These guys have seen significant playing time this year and the excuses are running short.

our CB's today were a 7th, an undrafted, an undrafted, and an undrafted.  it might be more of a talent issue than a coaching issue.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 02, 2012, 08:18:17 PM

It is most certainly a coaching issue.  If you ran down a field 100 times covering a receiver and still don't get it right it is a safe bet the message isn't being conveyed correctly.  We are talking about turning the head around to look for the ball.  The worst that could happen is at least you look like a real CB as they score a touchdown.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 02, 2012, 08:25:44 PM

That 4th down pass play in the 4th Q where their DB jumped up to pin our WR's arms before the ball had arrived was one that got me. OBVIOUS PI. Another to Williams looked like PI too, but not as obvious.
    Then Peyton calling a TO and getting a challenge from Coach Fox that we had 12 defenders on the field. Later in the game the official did what they're SUPPOSED to do; hold the ball UNTIL the defense can do their substitutions BEFORE letting the offense snap the ball. Wasn't that supposed to be a point of emphasis for officials this year? I was totally surprised that challenge was even allowed!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pass Interference, the most ticky-tack call used against us every week « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools