Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2012, 05:00:43 PM

If there is a guy in this team that has earned a paycheck, it's him.

If Bennett becomes at Free Agent, I have a feeling we're going to regret it.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 02, 2012, 07:30:58 PM

Bennett is the best D-Lineman on the team right now, but that's not saying much. Bennett is not a premier pass rusher and the Bucs desperately need to find one. Both Bowers and Clayborn are about as good as Bennett and have more upside. I really doubt he is going to be resigned.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 02, 2012, 07:32:03 PM

I thought Aaron Morgan flashed a little in pass rush

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Coburn1

Starter

#3 : December 02, 2012, 07:34:39 PM

Bennett is mediocre. If you can get him at the right price sure. He had one good game and everyone thinks he's good. At this point we can afford to let any of our d-lineman go and I wouldn't be too upset.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 02, 2012, 07:36:20 PM

He is a vital part of the Bucs run stopping persona, IMO.  He is a splash defender, IMO.  But he should be welcomed back with open arms.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#5 : December 02, 2012, 07:40:18 PM

I really doubt he is going to be resigned.

I dont know, I could see them franchising him if they have to to keep him around. Does anybody know what the cap hit would be if they did?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

DA_OAKS

Starter

#6 : December 02, 2012, 07:41:15 PM

I would sign him to the 6 year 35mill that black got with the 10 mill a year guaranteed.. would be a great deal!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 02, 2012, 07:49:27 PM

Bennett's one of the best LEs in the league

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 02, 2012, 08:21:34 PM

They will keep him.  No doubt.

Morgan made a couple plays.  Bowers too.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2012, 09:00:51 PM

I am skeptical of resigning ANY of these current D-Lineman. I would not pay bennett the kind of cash he is going to want. Get a double digit sack season and we will talk.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 02, 2012, 09:22:58 PM

In addition to a few CBs, this team needs a legit edge rusher. I like Bowers, Bennett, and Clayborn, but these guys are not game changing DEs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 02, 2012, 09:23:43 PM

I am skeptical of resigning ANY of these current D-Lineman. I would not pay bennett the kind of cash he is going to want. Get a double digit sack season and we will talk.

only 3 sacks to go...

bennett isnt von miller...but if he's coming off the bench to spell bowers and clayborn?  thats some great depth. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 02, 2012, 09:25:29 PM

+1...but it's not even about just double digit sacks. He doesn't get consistent enough pressure to justify a big salary and a starting job next year.

We saw what a real pass rush looked like today. Even with Clayborn...we don't have a pass rusher that is half of what Dumervil and Miller are.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 02, 2012, 09:36:21 PM

I think Bennett SHOULD be re-signed.  In addition to playing LDE today, on obvious pass plays he was frequently used as a DT along with McCoy with Bowers and Teo or Morgan at DE to get a better rush.

Guys, Manning  got a lot of his passes off within two seconds today.  NOBODY is going to put pressure on him when he does that.  To get to him, a rusher is going to have to be completely unblocked like Biggers was last week.  When a QB gets the ball off that quick, the problem is the coverage, NOT the rush!!

.....just my opinion

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 02, 2012, 09:42:15 PM

only 3 sacks to go...

bennett isnt von miller...but if he's coming off the bench to spell bowers and clayborn?  thats some great depth.

You are right GT, great depth. So what kind of money do you think he is going to want? Maybe we are just too accustomed to the poor pass rushing ability around him, allowing a mediocre player to look above average. Some team like the Eagles will sign him and throw gobs of cash at him, not worth it IMO. Draft a yound guy in the first round.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools