Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 02, 2012, 09:45:40 PM

I am skeptical of resigning ANY of these current D-Lineman. I would not pay bennett the kind of cash he is going to want. Get a double digit sack season and we will talk.

+1...but it's not even about just double digit sacks. He doesn't get consistent enough pressure to justify a big salary and a starting job next year.

We saw what a real pass rush looked like today. Even with Clayborn...we don't have a pass rusher that is half of what Dumervil and Miller are.

Agreed Chace. He is average and quality depth. He is not a feared pass rusher and disappears for long periods of time.(when it comes to rushing the passer) We can do much better than Bennett, for less Money. As for Clayborn, I am a huge fan and think he is our best pass rusher. That guy is vicious.  When he was in the line up we really laid the hurt on Carolina and Dallas.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 02, 2012, 09:47:18 PM

7 sacks in 12 games ISN'T mediocre!  Also, he has done it without a great pass rusher on the other side since Clayborn got hurt.

Why oh why would you want to use your first round pick to draft a DE when you can re-sign Bennett and use that pick on a CB or other position which is CRYING for an upgrade???!!

.....just my opinion

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 02, 2012, 09:51:35 PM

...because there isn't a dynamic pass rusher on this roster who can pressure the QB consistently.

As far as the 1st rounder...depends on what is there. If pass up a stud DE to reach for a CB...then I would definitely disapprove.

We shall see how it lays out in April.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 02, 2012, 09:56:52 PM

Agree with chase and Warren here.  They can't get to the QB. Just because we drafted them doesn't mean they are good enough pass rushers. We need better.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 02, 2012, 09:59:55 PM

Well, Bowers is still getting healthy and played better today.  We also have Clayborn coming back next season.

.....just my opinion

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 02, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

7 sacks in 12 games ISN'T mediocre!  Also, he has done it without a great pass rusher on the other side since Clayborn got hurt.

Why oh why would you want to use your first round pick to draft a DE when you can re-sign Bennett and use that pick on a CB or other position which is CRYING for an upgrade???!!

Yes it is. Look at all these guys in the NFL that are already in double digits with sacks. Bennett still has McCoy helping him in the middle. He is supposedly playing at a "high level" right? Bennett is not worth the money he will ask for with 8-9 sacks at the end of the season. If they can get a decent deal for him sure, sign him keep him in a rotation. You go out and draft another guy because you don't accept mediocre. This team has accepted it for too long. Tired of the D-line excuses. Good job against the run, now get to the f'n QB and sack him.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 02, 2012, 10:07:32 PM

7 sacks in twelve games in a league where the QB is throwing 40-50 times per game is mediocre.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 02, 2012, 10:09:02 PM

Yes it is. Look at all these guys in the NFL that are already in double digits with sacks. Bennett still has McCoy helping him in the middle. He is supposedly playing at a "high level" right? Bennett is not worth the money he will ask for with 8-9 sacks at the end of the season. If they can get a decent deal for him sure, sign him keep him in a rotation. You go out and draft another guy because you don't accept mediocre. This team has accepted it for too long. Tired of the D-line excuses. Good job against the run, now get to the f'n QB and sack him.

F*ck*n preach!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 02, 2012, 10:18:02 PM

If some of you guys had your way, we would have 53 new players next season.  May I remind you, we only have 7-8 draft choices, and they may sign a free agent or two?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 02, 2012, 10:22:05 PM

Yes there are a few guys who are already in double digits but that what Bennett has done certainly isn't average, regardless of what you say.  Bennett also has made tremendous strides this year.  I think he only had 3 sacks last year and continues to develop.

No, I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I WOULD keep him while giving him a good payday.

.....just my opinion

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 02, 2012, 10:26:55 PM

this should be put on repeat.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 02, 2012, 10:30:38 PM

Yes it is. Look at all these guys in the NFL that are already in double digits with sacks.

there are 7 guys with double digit sacks.  and i believe 5 play OLB in a 3-4.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 02, 2012, 10:32:34 PM

You go out and draft another guy because you don't accept mediocre.
what guys do you think will be available around pick 17 that could come in and give up double digit sacks?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 02, 2012, 10:49:47 PM

You go out and draft another guy because you don't accept mediocre.
what guys do you think will be available around pick 17 that could come in and give up double digit sacks?

What CBs do you think will be available at #17 that aren't pretty much the same player as the guys available in the 2nd round?

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 02, 2012, 10:53:57 PM

I think you're right about the quality of the CBs in this draft.  I think we can get as good a one in the 2nd round as in the first round but I probably would take a FS in the first round if I wasn't going to take a CB.  A top FS in the first round and a 2nd round CB and this secondary would start to look a LOT better.  We need a FS with real RANGE to help out on the deep passes.  One like Eric Reid has excellent range, is almost the same size as Barron and HITS like Barron too!

IMO, the pass rushers we have can get a lot of sacks if the coverage doesn't let the QB be able to throw in 2 seconds.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools