Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 02, 2012, 10:57:40 PM

What CBs do you think will be available at #17 that aren't pretty much the same player as the guys available in the 2nd round?

i dont know, i dont watch film i just read what people write and assume.  i would guess the BPA of millner/banks/rhodes/gray?  but id also love to double dip CB's if they are worth it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 02, 2012, 11:01:11 PM

Definitely bring Bennett back. Him, Bowers and Clayborn are a nice DE rotation. We just need to add 1 guy in the draft or through FA who can get to the passer. I don't care if he can't stop the run. We need someone who can consistently look to to get to the QB. We have 3 solid DE's that can play the run, but none are ELITE pass rushers. We need an ELITE pass rusher on this defense.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 02, 2012, 11:08:57 PM

What CBs do you think will be available at #17 that aren't pretty much the same player as the guys available in the 2nd round?

i dont know, i dont watch film i just read what people write and assume.  i would guess the BPA of millner/banks/rhodes/gray?  but id also love to double dip CB's if they are worth it.

Is it worth it? Where is the biggest weakness in this defense? Our crummy secondary or the pathetic pass rush? Are we splitting hairs? Our d-line didn't touch Manning all day. That is a disaster waiting to happen no matter who you have at corner. You think rookie CBs will be able to stay with guys Brady or Manning or Rodgers or Brees or Ryan are throwing to if they can sit in the pocket for five seconds? Look I consider myself a positive poster here. The defensive line has been pathetic at getting after the QB. That is a fact.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 02, 2012, 11:18:55 PM

Is it worth it? Where is the biggest weakness in this defense? Our crummy secondary or the pathetic pass rush? Are we splitting hairs? Our d-line didn't touch Manning all day. That is a disaster waiting to happen no matter who you have at corner. You think rookie CBs will be able to stay with guys Brady or Manning or Rodgers or Brees or Ryan are throwing to if they can sit in the pocket for five seconds? Look I consider myself a positive poster here. The defensive line has been pathetic at getting after the QB. That is a fact.

do you believe that manning actually held the ball for 5 seconds most of the time today?   and to my point - do you believe there will be a guy that is double digit sacks mid-late 1st round? and if so, why did all the teams ahead of us pass on him?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 02, 2012, 11:42:35 PM

do you believe that manning actually held the ball for 5 seconds most of the time today?   and to my point - do you believe there will be a guy that is double digit sacks mid-late 1st round? and if so, why did all the teams ahead of us pass on him?

People...this isn't just about sacks. This is about getting a guy that gets consistent pressure. Von Miller and Dumervil lived in the Bucs backfield today and were getting constant pressure and penetration, yet they got one sack combined.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 03, 2012, 12:18:08 AM

This is about getting a guy that gets consistent pressure.

these guys arent easy to find.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 03, 2012, 12:25:08 AM

7 sacks in twelve games in a league where the QB is throwing 40-50 times per game is mediocre.

From LE? I'd like to see a list of the 4-3LEs that are better

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 03, 2012, 07:52:09 AM

This is about getting a guy that gets consistent pressure.

these guys arent easy to find.

So settle a mediocre pass rush....cool. That should get our defense where it needs to be.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 03, 2012, 08:03:35 AM

So settle a mediocre pass rush....cool. That should get our defense where it needs to be.

who's settling?  a healthy clayborn, bowers, bennett, and mccoy should be worth about 30 sacks?  they are all young and seemingly improving still.

or we could draft a guy like bruce irvin mid first?  i havent watched any seattle games, but his sack numbers look nice for a rookie.  2 sacks against GB, CAR, and NYJ...but basically invisible against the rest.  is that really the answer?

Coburn1

Starter

#39 : December 03, 2012, 09:24:24 AM

Weren't nearly half of Bennett's sacks from that one game? He started off looking good, but there's been a few games where he hasn't even sniffed the QB. That IS mediocre. You can't claim a guy is the best LE because he had one good game. Yes the guys who constantly pressure QBs may be tough to find but that doesn't mean you give up. You need at least one of those guys on your team. Don't think anyone is saying Bennett is worthless, msot are just saying he's probably going to want a big paycheck and he may be asking more than he's worth.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 03, 2012, 09:42:20 AM

Bennett needs to be resigned, but not for the money I'm afraid he's going to ask for.

If he wants double-digit sack money forgetaboutit..not worth it. Besides, I'm still believing clayborn will be a better DE in the long run. Bennett is a good player, but that money he would get would go farther on a CB or another passrushing DT to replace millers sorry but. (yeah, he helps contain, but is worthless to me if not obtaining sacks)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 03, 2012, 09:52:04 AM

who's settling?  a healthy clayborn, bowers, bennett, and mccoy should be worth about 30 sacks?  they are all young and seemingly improving still.

or we could draft a guy like bruce irvin mid first?  i havent watched any seattle games, but his sack numbers look nice for a rookie.  2 sacks against GB, CAR, and NYJ...but basically invisible against the rest.  is that really the answer?

Not. Just. About. Sacks.

We are seeing heavy doses of 3 of the 4 DLmen that you mention, and they aren't getting to the QB enough. I would be fine with 25 sacks in a season, because if they got constant pressure like what we saw Denver get ALL DAY yesterday, then total sack number doesn't matter all that much. Clayborn would make this DL better, but not to the degree that everyone thinks. We need to add another DL to this rotation early in the draft.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 03, 2012, 12:17:34 PM

We need to add another DL to this rotation early in the draft.

which guys do you think would be good picks?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 03, 2012, 01:07:59 PM

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State-if available would be excellent. I feel like we are much closer to having an effective pass rush than an effective pass defense as there is mariginal talent along our d-line vs. no talent in our secondary. As we all know an elite pass rush equals a huge upgrade in the secondary. Why not put another young guy with all these other young guys (minus bennett) and see what happens. The games are won an lost in the trenches my friends.

brandentonian- 7 sacks =not worth big free agent pay day.

DA_OAKS

Starter

#44 : December 03, 2012, 02:17:44 PM

werner is a beast I am blessed to see him play every weekend. This kid is the next jared allen and will be a steal if we get him in the first. and then we can use the forth to maybe get 2 second round cbs..

also XR27 is a stud and would be a great pick at 17

and is black money too much for bennett 5-6million a year??
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's time for Dominik to step up, Sign Michael Bennett Now. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools