Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 06, 2013, 04:03:23 PM

we also run a vanilla old school offense without much creativity.

I'd have to guess that is largely because of the QB.  Jimbo didn't have that problem with JaMarcus Russell at LSU, and that's saying something.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#76 : January 06, 2013, 04:07:49 PM

we also run a vanilla old school offense without much creativity.

I'd have to guess that is largely because of the QB.  Jimbo didn't have that problem with JaMarcus Russell at LSU, and that's saying something.

I was thinking that, but didn't want to be accused of trolling if I pointed it out

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 06, 2013, 04:17:04 PM

Criticism toward FSU players/speaking in absolutes about how one feels about FSU players = Trolling.

Good to know.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 06, 2013, 04:23:48 PM

Criticism toward FSU players/speaking in absolutes about how one feels about FSU players = Trolling.

Good to know.

dont be an ass. criticism is fine and accepted. unfounded idiotic absolutes and bias is moronic. saying someone will never be any good is completely idiotic. people said tom brady would never contribute and would never do anything when he was drafted. look how dumb they appear now. you never know what happens when players go and get sent somewhere where their skills are used properly or where they get better coaching

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 06, 2013, 04:54:12 PM

Good to know.

dont be an ass.

Isn't he always ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#80 : January 06, 2013, 04:59:32 PM

Good to know.

dont be an ass. criticism is fine and accepted. unfounded idiotic absolutes and bias is moronic. saying someone will never be any good is completely idiotic. people said tom brady would never contribute and would never do anything when he was drafted. look how dumb they appear now. you never know what happens when players go and get sent somewhere where their skills are used properly or where they get better coaching

FWIW, in a thread speaking about replacing Freeman with Manuel, I said Manuel will never put up the stats that Freeman has in the NFL.  I, and quite a few FSU fans I would imagine, don't think that's as idiotic as you do.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat it.  I'm guessing I don't have much to worry about.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 06, 2013, 05:20:09 PM

i recall that thread. thats the thread i brought up the point about not speaking in absolutes. the old saying never say never comes to mind.

comparing EJ to freeman is apples to oranges. the two offenses were completely different in college.

i look at manuel and i have the same grade on him as geno smith. id want both of them in the shotgun running a spread style offense with less decision making. i have no faith in geno smith as a qb in a pro set because he reads a defense about as well as EJ. the difference between the two is that geno knows how to throw the ball away and EJ takes the sack. both need to sit and learn at the next level. EJ most likely will and geno will get thrown into the fire and be a crappy qb if he doesnt get good coaching. coaching is key to qb development and frankly i dont think EJ got the kind of coaching and offense that suited his skillset. jimbo was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 06, 2013, 05:36:53 PM

In that thread, Biggs made a prediction on what he thought was the future of EJ Manuel. Something you obviously did not take kindly to...that's when you started with the "absolutes" crap, when it was nothing more than a prediction that you would not have batted an eyelash to had the player not had a on the side of his helmet.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 06, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

In that thread, Biggs made a prediction on what he thought was the future of EJ Manuel. Something you obviously did not take kindly to...that's when you started with the "absolutes" crap, when it was nothing more than a prediction that you would not have batted an eyelash to had the player not had a on the side of his helmet.

"EJ Manuel will never put up the numbers Josh Freeman has in the NFL.  He sucks"

there you go champ, i guess you are wrong with your little statement there. nowhere in that quote does it say prediction or "i think". go look at his post. thats making an absolute statement. that is why i take objection to it. and thats not just because hes an FSU player, i dont like making statements like that

ill be the first to admit that i hated the lavonte david selection during the draft and i said he'd be another geno hayes in one of the threads on this site. i was wrong as we have now seen and i feel dumb for making that statement. that right there proves why declaring someone garbage and saying that they'll never do something is idiotic

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#84 : January 06, 2013, 05:54:53 PM

lol @ "champ"

anyway, no, it did not need "I think" or "IMO". That's stupid. Of course it was a personal opinion. What do you think posts on this site consist of?

You just got your feathers ruffled cause he was talking about your FSU QB...you just don't want to admit it.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 06, 2013, 06:01:03 PM

lol @ "champ"

anyway, no, it did not need "I think" or "IMO". That's stupid. Of course it was a personal opinion. What do you think posts on this site consist of?

You just got your feathers ruffled cause he was talking about your FSU QB...you just don't want to admit it.

sure doesnt look like an opinion to me. thats what we call a statement of fact. this site consists of people making rash inflammatory statements without any base or backing. have you read most of the stuff posted on the red board? its mostly garbage like that statement

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 06, 2013, 06:57:44 PM

sounds like this board is just filled with "trolls"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#87 : January 06, 2013, 07:01:12 PM

"EJ Manuel will never put up the numbers Josh Freeman has in the NFL.  He sucks"

there you go champ, i guess you are wrong with your little statement there. nowhere in that quote does it say prediction or "i think". go look at his post. thats making an absolute statement. that is why i take objection to it. and thats not just because hes an FSU player, i dont like making statements like that

I think it's pretty obvious that's my opinion on the matter.  I've said over and over again that if I'm wrong (meaning it's an opinion) you are welcome to throw it my face.  I have no problem eating it.  But I'll stand behind the statement.

Have you seen Dalbuc's sig line?  Here's how it goes: 

"All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over."

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#88 : January 06, 2013, 07:14:56 PM

never seen his sigline
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools