Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 06, 2013, 02:30:59 PM

we kept NIU in the game with some dumb mistakes and a few questionable penalties that the refs called. we had a couple dropped balls, an idiotic fumble and 1 missed assignment that gave them 35% of their passing yards in one play

they were completely overmatched and we shot ourselves in the foot a bunch of times. if we were clicking on all cylinders wed have beat them but 35+. that was far from our best game

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 06, 2013, 02:39:55 PM

They were completely outmatched athletically and still stayed in the game for 3 quarters.  We can make up all the excuses for why they were in the game that we want.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 06, 2013, 02:43:57 PM

i dont know if you watched the game but it wasnt as close as the score indicates. i know you are an FSU hater and wont listen but it is what it is. there are even gator fans on here saying that the game wasnt close. just let it die. it was a horrific matchup and they got their teeth kicked in. hopefully the BCS people learned a lesson, although i doubt they did.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#63 : January 06, 2013, 02:51:33 PM

sure, whatever makes you sleep better at night

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 06, 2013, 02:58:30 PM

mother of god. you are pathetic

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 06, 2013, 03:01:40 PM

lol ... 17-10 through 3 quarters = fact ...... deal with it

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#66 : January 06, 2013, 03:03:41 PM

and by the way ..... you're clueless

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 06, 2013, 03:09:20 PM

you are the USF version of Runole. both tshirt fans that just try to be annoying trolls

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 06, 2013, 03:15:30 PM

i dont know if you watched the game but it wasnt as close as the score indicates.

I don't think anyone that actually watched the game, or didn't argue that NIU deserved to be there, thought NIU "held their own".  FSU dominated the game in all facets.  Even if you didn't watch the game, a quick glance at the boxscore would confirm it.

If EJ Manuel didn't suck so bad, they would have dropped fitty on NIU.  ;)

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 06, 2013, 03:17:45 PM

i dont know if you watched the game but it wasnt as close as the score indicates.

I don't think anyone that actually watched the game, or didn't argue that NIU deserved to be there, thought NIU "held their own".  FSU dominated the game in all facets.  Even if you didn't watch the game, a quick glance at the boxscore would confirm it.

you mean if Jimbo fisher didnt suck so bad as an OC

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : January 06, 2013, 03:18:50 PM

you are the USF version of Runole. both tshirt fans that just try to be annoying trolls

yet you're the one that came with the stupid name calling and nonsense.  save it, I'm not trolling anyone.   they were only down by 7 through 3 quarters despite being completely outmanned. 

I welcome seeing midmajors match up against the BCS teams in BCS bowl games if those teams earn it during the season per the BCS' provisions.    The NIU/FSU match up wasn't any worse than the TAMU/OU one in the Cotton Bowl.   
: January 06, 2013, 03:22:39 PM olafberserker

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 06, 2013, 03:23:33 PM

and I am far from being an FSU hater, but that's the kind of nonsense you like to come with sense you can't make me agree with you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 06, 2013, 03:26:04 PM

I think Jimbo thinks as much of EJ as you do, and that has been his downfall.  He lets EJ throw it too much and Manuel can't read a defense to save his life, even after 5 years of being at FSU.

But yes, I do think Jimbo would be better served to find an OC.  He's a helluva recruiter and proven to be a good HC, but his play-calling has been suspect.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#73 : January 06, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

I think you hit it on the head with the faith in Manuel when it comes to some of the playcalling

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 06, 2013, 03:54:40 PM

I think Jimbo thinks as much of EJ as you do, and that has been his downfall.  He lets EJ throw it too much and Manuel can't read a defense to save his life, even after 5 years of being at FSU.

But yes, I do think Jimbo would be better served to find an OC.  He's a helluva recruiter and proven to be a good HC, but his play-calling has been suspect.

Jimbo is an outstanding recruiter, knows how to hire coaches, and is excellent at running a program. he is a below average OC. he is also a control freak and i think hes in the qb's heads way too much. ponder and manuel would both have games where they looked tentative and scared of making mistakes and would get reamed out everytime they got to the sidelines. whenever we ran hurryup offense or when he let the qbs make their own decisions we played much much better and got into a rhythm. jimbo is his own worst enemy. he tries to overthink and get creative when you just need to do what you do best and then he likes to get a lead and just sit on it instead of putting his football on the other team's throat. we also run a vanilla old school offense without much creativity. we dont run crossing patterns or speed up the pace to wear down a defense. we always huddle, go slow and let the other team make subs. if we would hire a young creative OC and get a better OL coach this program would compete for the national title every year. until we do these things, the orange bowl is the highest we will rise
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bowl Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools