Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The way I see the season panning out « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: December 02, 2012, 07:29:22 PM

Philadelphia - W
@New Orleans - L
St, Louis - W
@Atlanta - W

9-7 finish.

A winning record after last season's implosion is an improvement. But I think we will fall just short of making the playoffs just like 2010.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 02, 2012, 07:30:48 PM

I think we win out.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 02, 2012, 07:31:57 PM

They can beat New Orleans. 

They should be able to trounce ATL as a result of the playoffs.

St. Louis can be tough.  Not sure what to expect out of this one...should be entertaining however.

If they don't beat Philly, this team isn't ready anyway.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 02, 2012, 07:32:55 PM

That New Orleans game is key. I don't think St. Louis is a give me though, even if we beat the Saints.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#4 : December 02, 2012, 07:34:09 PM

We could go 0-4 or 4-0.  I know after these last two games we need a W bad.

gillen033

Starter

#5 : December 02, 2012, 07:59:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we follow the OP's prediction and Seattle loses to St. Louis and San Francisco, we have the tie breaker over them through win /loss record against common opponents. That's if division opponents (panthers/rams) are counted twice.

Us
Dallas - loss
Carolina- 2 wins
Minnesota - win
Rams - win
4-1

Seattle
Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina - wins
Rams - 2 losses
3-2

Is that right?

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 02, 2012, 08:03:42 PM

I see the Bucs winning out and the Seahawks and Redskins losing just enuff. We will make the playoffs.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 02, 2012, 08:16:22 PM

We aren't ready for the playoffs.  Getting rid of Talib may have not been the brightest move considering our current roster in the secondary. 

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#8 : December 02, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

I agree with the 9-7 predection.

more disturbing is the lack of character in Josh.. I'm a huge fan and supporter...... but the facts are the facts, he has yet to lead this team to a BIG win when it mattered, even when opportunities have presented them selves like last week and today. He has the lead at the half, Denver got the ball but our defense held them to a punt and he proceeded to Diarrhea all over the game from that point on.

Lots of growth this year, but Josh still has some major hurdles to overcome. Still like what I see from the line backers. pretty big holes still in the pass rush area and secondary. It will take FA action and another good draft to make this team into a playoff caliber team.

And realistically another year or two to become a true contender.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 02, 2012, 08:25:51 PM

I could see them winning out from here on.  But still missing the playoffs.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#10 : December 02, 2012, 08:28:21 PM

We need to win out at this point.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 02, 2012, 08:30:51 PM

I agree with the 9-7 predection.

more disturbing is the lack of character in Josh.. I'm a huge fan and supporter...... but the facts are the facts, he has yet to lead this team to a BIG win when it mattered, even when opportunities have presented them selves like last week and today. He has the lead at the half, Denver got the ball but our defense held them to a punt and he proceeded to Diarrhea all over the game from that point on.

Lots of growth this year, but Josh still has some major hurdles to overcome. Still like what I see from the line backers. pretty big holes still in the pass rush area and secondary. It will take FA action and another good draft to make this team into a playoff caliber team.

And realistically another year or two to become a true contender.
Exactly right.  This was a big game for Freeman and he did not step up.  Things won't be easier in the playoffs.  Today was important after last week. 

gillen033

Starter

#12 : December 02, 2012, 08:38:52 PM

We aren't ready for the playoffs.  Getting rid of Talib may have not been the brightest move considering our current roster in the secondary.

I seriously doubt we do much of anything in the playoffs if we do make it (though I think we could win the first game). But do you really think Talib would have been the difference between us being a Superbowl contender and us not being "ready for the playoffs?"

I don't think you do, so I question the wisdom of your statement. If Talib wasn't going to be with us next year, and isn't the difference between us being a contender and not being a contender, than why wouldn't you trade him if you could?

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 02, 2012, 08:40:24 PM

The Rams are still not completely out of it either. Although that tie is likely going to haunt them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 02, 2012, 08:40:59 PM

I think there is a reason Manning choose say Denver, in stead of say Tampa - and that is Oline, not Elway.. or a liking for thin air... If one swapped Freeman for Manning I am relatively certain Freeman would be on the winning team.  just a random thought or two...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The way I see the season panning out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools