Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The way I see the season panning out « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 02, 2012, 08:44:24 PM

I think there is a reason Manning choose say Denver, in stead of say Tampa - and that is Oline, not Elway.. or a liking for thin air... If one swapped Freeman for Manning I am relatively certain Freeman would be on the winning team.  just a random thought or two...

IDK......IIRC it was between San Fran and Denver, and I think the Niners have the better O-line.

gillen033

Starter

#16 : December 02, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

Also, I find it hilarious that Freeman is suppose to Mr. Miraculous facing the pressure he faced today, yet if you look at the Packers and Patriots (and most other teams), you can see how much Rodgers and Brady struggle when they  are constantly being pressured.

Are really expecting Freeman to do something not even the great Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady can do?

Silly forum posters.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 02, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

Also, I find it hilarious that Freeman is suppose to Mr. Miraculous facing the pressure he faced today, yet if you look at the Packers and Patriots (and most other teams), you can see how much Rodgers and Brady struggle when they  are constantly being pressured.

Are really expecting Freeman to do something not even the great Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady can do?

Silly forum posters.

Freeman hasn't been good the past 3 weeks. Yes, he got pressured today, but he missed some throws that he should've made. I think most people who have issues w/Freeman do so based on his inconsistency and unfortunately for this team, it's reared its ugly head again the past 3 games.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 02, 2012, 09:50:04 PM

I agree with the 9-7 predection.

more disturbing is the lack of character in Josh.. I'm a huge fan and supporter...... but the facts are the facts, he has yet to lead this team to a BIG win when it mattered, even when opportunities have presented them selves like last week and today. He has the lead at the half, Denver got the ball but our defense held them to a punt and he proceeded to Diarrhea all over the game from that point on.

Lots of growth this year, but Josh still has some major hurdles to overcome. Still like what I see from the line backers. pretty big holes still in the pass rush area and secondary. It will take FA action and another good draft to make this team into a playoff caliber team.

And realistically another year or two to become a true contender.
Exactly right.  This was a big game for Freeman and he did not step up.  Things won't be easier in the playoffs.  Today was important after last week.

I'll disagree with this.  I'm not gonna pretend Free played well today, he didn't.  But this is a very incomplete team at this point.  In all areas.  Offense, Defense, and ST all have substantial issues.  Coaching is supsect in some areas all the time and in all ares some of the time.  About the only area where I have no questions about the coaching is the OL and that has been string of revolving doors. 

With a completely new staff, there are always going to be little issues that get magnified in tough situations.  People aren't instinctively on the same page -- both players and coaches. 

And I think Josh has come through with wins in important games.  I'd say the last win -- was a pretty big game at the time.  But now we've lost to two teams that are much healthier, don't have the gaping holes, and have more experienced staffs, and I think expecting Josh to win that is a bit much.  There needs to be a better team around him for that to happen.  I'm not sold that Tom Brady wins with what we played like around Josh today.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 02, 2012, 09:55:59 PM

I think there is a reason Manning choose say Denver, in stead of say Tampa - and that is Oline, not Elway.. or a liking for thin air... If one swapped Freeman for Manning I am relatively certain Freeman would be on the winning team.  just a random thought or two...
IDK......IIRC it was between San Fran and Denver, and I think the Niners have the better O-line.
If my meaning had come through it would be apparent Manning was looking for a good O-line on a team he was going to play on.  And you noting two of the lines in the running were Denver and San Francisco - well they would be consistent with the thought I attempted to convey. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 02, 2012, 10:02:18 PM

If my meaning had come through it would be apparent Manning was looking for a good O-line on a team he was going to play on.  And you noting two of the lines in the running were Denver and San Francisco - well they would be consistent with the thought I attempted to convey.

Understand.

I am just saying if it was based solely on O-line, he would of picked the Niners.  Right now, they are rated #1 O-line in the league [PFF].

I would suspect other factors went into the decision, although O-line was most likely near the top of the list.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 02, 2012, 10:22:19 PM

Silly forum posters.

Freeman hasn't been good the past 3 weeks. Yes, he got pressured today, but he missed some throws that he should've made. I think most people who have issues w/Freeman do so based on his inconsistency and unfortunately for this team, it's reared its ugly head again the past 3 games.

Agreed. However, in all fairness, the pass protection hasn't been all that either. Plus, VJax and MW get nearly zero separation against decent corners. There is a correlation with Freeman's performance, like it or not.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#22 : December 02, 2012, 10:36:58 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we follow the OP's prediction and Seattle loses to St. Louis and San Francisco, we have the tie breaker over them through win /loss record against common opponents. That's if division opponents (panthers/rams) are counted twice.

Us
Dallas - loss
Carolina- 2 wins
Minnesota - win
Rams - win
4-1

Seattle
Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina - wins
Rams - 2 losses
3-2

Is that right?

The ESPN playoff machine verified this as correct.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 03, 2012, 12:49:10 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we follow the OP's prediction and Seattle loses to St. Louis and San Francisco, we have the tie breaker over them through win /loss record against common opponents. That's if division opponents (panthers/rams) are counted twice.

Us
Dallas - loss
Carolina- 2 wins
Minnesota - win
Rams - win
4-1

Seattle
Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina - wins
Rams - 2 losses
3-2

Is that right?

You are correct. St. Louis is the key, though. We have to beat them and they have to beat Seattle. The San Francisco game is irrelevant (if we win out).

nitey

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 03, 2012, 07:39:20 AM

I agree with the 9-7 predection.

more disturbing is the lack of character in Josh.. I'm a huge fan and supporter...... but the facts are the facts, he has yet to lead this team to a BIG win when it mattered, even when opportunities have presented them selves like last week and today. He has the lead at the half, Denver got the ball but our defense held them to a punt and he proceeded to Diarrhea all over the game from that point on.

Lots of growth this year, but Josh still has some major hurdles to overcome. Still like what I see from the line backers. pretty big holes still in the pass rush area and secondary. It will take FA action and another good draft to make this team into a playoff caliber team.

And realistically another year or two to become a true contender.

I think there is truth in this, but lets not forget that Josh is still younger than Ryan Tannehill. Freeman plays inconsistent under pressure, but he's played a lot better under pressure this season than he did in 2011 and even in 2010. So there are times when he handles it well and others where a bad throw can start a sequence of several bad throws and near interceptions. I believe that if he gets another season under Turner and Sullivan, we will see an even better Josh next season especially if the offensive line stays healthy next season.

I'm pretty happy with the Bucs play this season and I think next year we should challenge for a playoff spot. There are several guys that are getting good experience this season and that will pay off well next season when they can work on the things that caused them problems while playing this season. BTW, anyone else notice that Gorrer had pretty good coverage as the nickel back on the few plays that he was in the game. I'm beginning to like him a lot and next game we should get Gaitor back and that should help against the Eagles.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 03, 2012, 07:48:09 AM

BTW, anyone else notice that Gorrer had pretty good coverage as the nickel back on the few plays that he was in the game. I'm beginning to like him a lot and next game we should get Gaitor back and that should help against the Eagles.

biggers, johnson, lewis, gorrer and gaitor should all be pretty good nickel backs.  is this a good thing or a bad thing?!?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 03, 2012, 08:17:38 AM

Seahawks at 3 of their next 4 at home. They're 5-0 in their house (I believe)...

That doesn't bode well for our playoff hopes

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 03, 2012, 08:34:30 AM

Seahawks at 3 of their next 4 at home. They're 5-0 in their house (I believe)...

That doesn't bode well for our playoff hopes

What's their record when their starting corners are both suspended ?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 03, 2012, 08:40:16 AM

I think the Rams will be our toughest remaining game. They are playing really good football right now, especially on defense.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 03, 2012, 08:41:59 AM

By the way, folks need to stop with the "we need a year or two" nonsense. This is the NFL. You don't get a year or two. You have to win now. Period.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The way I see the season panning out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools