Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« : December 02, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »

Why are the refs allowing the offensive players to cheap shot our D-lineman while they are on the grass after the kneel-down blitz? That is sickening. The Bucs should contact the NFL and have the refs watch for that nonsense. Some of these players are blatantly punching our guys!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 02, 2012, 08:48:19 PM »

They shouldn't even run those plays.  Have the option of not snapping it and getting a delay call with loss of down and time run off. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 02, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

They will get fined like the Giants did.  Not many refs are going to jump in that pile. Lol!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 02, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

They shouldn't even run those plays.  Have the option of not snapping it and getting a delay call with loss of down and time run off.

Yeah , because that's fair to the defense in a one score game...

The option of not snapping it ? That's friggin ridiculous. Why dont we just stop keeping score and make the game 2-hand touch while we're at it ?

You are thinking totally backwards. How about instead you make it a "delay of game" if the offense purposely runs a play that does not attempt to advance the ball ?
« : December 02, 2012, 08:55:39 PM Fire Mark Dummynik »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 02, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »

Yeah , because that's fair to the defense in a one score game...

The option of not snapping it ? That's friggin ridiculous. Why dont we just stop keeping score and make the game 2-hand touch while we're at it ?

How about instead you make it a "delay of game" if the purposely run a play that does not attempt to advance the ball ?

We may see it addressed in the offseason.  The league is all about preventing injuries nowadays.   Is there a more dangerous play that those last second scrums?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #5 : December 02, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

Ya well as of right now it is completely legal. The players deserve the same protection on that play as any other. If the refs had any integrity they would make that call.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #6 : December 02, 2012, 09:04:11 PM »

So when Belichick 'runs up the score', the opposing team is allowed to break the rules? He has to live with his Pro Bowl TE getting injured in a 'meaningless' play, but he should to have to live with cheap shots.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 02, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »

So when Belichick 'runs up the score', the opposing team is allowed to break the rules? He has to live with his Pro Bowl TE getting injured in a 'meaningless' play, but he should to have to live with cheap shots.

I am talking about a possible rule change in the offseason, to eliminate meaningless plays.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : December 02, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »

Stephen Holder‏@HolderStephen

Peyton Manning says Greg Schiano told him after the game that #Bucs meant no harm in firing off on kneel down play at end of the game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #9 : December 02, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »

Looked like Manning didn't want any part of the conversation. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 02, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »

Looked like Manning didn't want any part of the conversation.

Agree

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

YReceiver14

Starter

« #11 : December 02, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »

As per Holder, Manning's comments:

"After the game, he came up to me (and said) on the end-of-the-game play he didn’t mean any harm or injury to me. And I appreciated that comment. I think they have a heck of a football team."

PM = class.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #12 : December 02, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

If any rule changes the victory formation would be banned. Teams will have to start running out the clock the old fashioned way.....run the RB up the gut. You can't make a rule that says a team can't try to win the game. What Schiano does is 100% legal.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #13 : December 02, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »

manning shouldnt have let the Bucs stay within a score.  or he shouldnt have called a kneeldown.  he watches film.  he knew what was coming.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #14 : December 02, 2012, 09:21:15 PM »

manning shouldnt have let the Bucs stay within a score.  or he shouldnt have called a kneeldown.  he watches film.  he knew what was coming.

And he got the hell out of danger pretty quick....the fastest he moved all game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools