Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

danimal09

Starter

#15 : December 02, 2012, 09:23:47 PM

Yeah well after the whistles (plural) have been blown the O-Line is literally raining punches down on our D-linemen! That can't be allowed.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 02, 2012, 09:38:53 PM

Yeah well after the whistles (plural) have been blown the O-Line is literally raining punches down on our D-linemen! That can't be allowed.

This is my point. They really are punching our guys. The whole world can see it. That is completely illegal and needs to be addressed asap, IMO.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 02, 2012, 10:29:38 PM

If any rule changes the victory formation would be banned. Teams will have to start running out the clock the old fashioned way.....run the RB up the gut. You can't make a rule that says a team can't try to win the game. What Schiano does is 100% legal.

Exactly.

You can't call yourself a true sport and at the same time demand the losing team quit while time is still on the clock.

When you start trying to think of a way to make a rule to stop what Schiano is doing , you realize how ridiculous such a rule would be. The offense is required to run a play every 40 seconds , or they are charged with a delay of game. Why do we have this rule ? Answer: To keep the team with the lead from milking all the time off the clock without attempting to advance the ball . How then does it follow that this should become legal at the most critical point in the game ?? Answer: It doesn't , unless you are a f*cking moron.

: December 02, 2012, 10:47:19 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 02, 2012, 10:39:14 PM

Looked like Manning didn't want any part of the conversation.

because he didn't care, guess he isn't a whiny little girl like his little brother

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 02, 2012, 10:48:46 PM

Peyton didn't even care. He said he respected that Schiano came over and said he wasn't trying to hurt anyone and Manning went onto say we are a very good team.

Everyone who knows football understands there is nothing illegal about this and it is a good mentality to have after the entire team quit the season before.

Manning gets it. The guy is a class act, a football genius and one hell of a player.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 02, 2012, 11:13:48 PM

Teams know it's coming. If they w feel it is a risk to their guys... Run a normal hand off instead. Or do a kneel down from the shotgun like we did. Pretty simple.

Funny how we are the classless bush league ones, but it's the other teams that are punching and kicking us.

I respect Schiano for sticking to his guns and continuing to fight till the clock says 00:00

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 03, 2012, 12:37:31 AM

Classless.  Don't understand the kneel down rush at all.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : December 03, 2012, 01:09:05 AM

Classless.  Don't understand the kneel down rush at all.

It's clownish.    How many games have the Bucs won due to their all out rushes on kneeldowns?   ZERO

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 03, 2012, 01:12:52 AM

Teams know it's coming. If they w feel it is a risk to their guys... Run a normal hand off instead. Or do a kneel down from the shotgun like we did. Pretty simple.

Funny how we are the classless bush league ones, but it's the other teams that are punching and kicking us.

I respect Schiano for sticking to his guns and continuing to fight till the clock says 00:00

Agree.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 03, 2012, 01:19:35 AM

Let me know when that all out rush on the kneel down serves any other purpose than to get Bucs players punched out by the offensive linemen.   I feel the refs are correct to let those guys take a few shots.   This is all on Schiano, not the refs.   Schiano is ruining the integrity of the game.
: December 03, 2012, 01:21:18 AM JavaRay

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 03, 2012, 01:29:15 AM

Let me know when that all out rush on the kneel down serves any other purpose than to get Bucs players punched out by the offensive linemen.   I feel the refs are correct to let those guys take a few shots.   This is all on Schiano, not the refs.   Schiano is ruining the integrity of the game.
what do you know about integrity

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 03, 2012, 01:31:09 AM

More than Schiano, obviously.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 03, 2012, 01:32:57 AM

This troll act about rushing the kneel down is old and lame, Java. Come up with some new stuff.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 03, 2012, 01:51:59 AM

I suppose you think everyone in this thread who is saying those kneel down rushes are wrong are trolls.   Brilliant!

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 03, 2012, 02:28:40 AM

Teams have been hitting the kneel downs for a while.  I remember us kneeling it down years ago and an opposing player getting flagged for unsportsmanlike for swatting the ball out of the center's hands trying to anticipate the snap. 

The difference is in how we are doing it -- the full on hardcore rush -- and the timing.  The league is all mangina now (just look at Barbara Costas tonight for a prime example) and having an old-school, play to the whistle mindset isn't going to fly in an era of over the top "safety" concerns.  When we are banning soda and french fries and voting in the biggest nannies we can find at every level of government, the tough guy approach is just begging to be attacked.  WHat we are doing will be uses as an excuse for changing the rules of the game.  In another day it would be considered good old fashioned competitive spirit.  In the pussified world we now live in it is just meanie McMeaniePants pointless "risk".

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools