Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#60 : December 03, 2012, 01:38:39 PM

Ok, so let's say they get suspended.  How does that help us if say, McCoy gets injured game 1 of next year if we're doing this?  It's simply risk/reward.  Of course in a vacuum I love the bullrushing the QB move.  But it's not in a vacuum.  You can't laud the move, and then complain about the cheap shots.  One comes with the other.

Doesnt help the other team to get the other guy suspended. Look the problem with what your saying is NOBODY IS TRYING TO HURT ANYBODY. The only way your thing works is if the other team tried to hurt our players. Your back to Bounty scandal again. Schianos play isnt about hurting anybody but trying to get the ball back to win the game. There isnt a coach out there who doesnt see that. If they dont, Id question them being a coach to begin with.

JohnBuc06

Starter
#61 : December 03, 2012, 01:40:34 PM

The risk of injury is probably less than that ZBS cut blocking that Denver has used forever.

Also....I like the arena league rules where the clock stops if you get negative yardage.

Agree good post.

When this all started back with the Giants game I thought the same thing ...just go to the Arena League rule ...the offense has to "attempt" to make positive yards or the clock stops.  Makes the game simple and would actually throw a little excitement back into the end of close games.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#62 : December 03, 2012, 01:43:01 PM

Ok, so let's say they get suspended.  How does that help us if say, McCoy gets injured game 1 of next year if we're doing this?  It's simply risk/reward.  Of course in a vacuum I love the bullrushing the QB move.  But it's not in a vacuum.  You can't laud the move, and then complain about the cheap shots.  One comes with the other.

Doesnt help the other team to get the other guy suspended. Look the problem with what your saying is NOBODY IS TRYING TO HURT ANYBODY. The only way your thing works is if the other team tried to hurt our players. Your back to Bounty scandal again. Schianos play isnt about hurting anybody but trying to get the ball back to win the game. There isnt a coach out there who doesnt see that. If they dont, Id question them being a coach to begin with.

Then what are we complaining about?  The only reason to complain about cheap shots is if we're worried about injuries.  Otherwise, they're part of the game. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#63 : December 03, 2012, 01:44:40 PM

They were suspended for providing money to injure players.  Don't think anyone who simply collected the bounties got suspended.

Though this is getting twisted.  The point is, if there is a growing perception that the Bucs don't respect their opponents, there are going to be more cheap shots, and more chances of injuries.

growing perception by who?   Peyton Manning didn't have anything negative to say about it.  The play is legal and no more dangerous than most other plays and playing hard to the final whistle is admirable.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#64 : December 03, 2012, 01:46:55 PM

Clearly if there are starting to be cheap shots, players are taking exception to it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#65 : December 03, 2012, 01:47:10 PM

Then what are we complaining about?  The only reason to complain about cheap shots is if we're worried about injuries.  Otherwise, they're part of the game.

Im not complaining, I personally love the play. I always hated the kneel down and thought the other team shouldnt have to give up. This is football. Fight till the final whistle has always been said in practices at every level. Why does it stop now? Schiano may get the NFL to eliminate the play. Hes good in my book.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#66 : December 03, 2012, 01:47:43 PM

Clearly if there are starting to be cheap shots, players are taking exception to it.

Wheres the cheap shots? Nobody is trying to hurt anybody.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#67 : December 03, 2012, 01:47:47 PM

I think kneel downs, hard counts, and hurry ups to try and get a 12 men on the field penalty are bush league and disrespectful..  So the next time a team tries that bush league crap, we should just level their QB.  We may get a fine, but the QB will be out for the season.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#68 : December 03, 2012, 01:48:48 PM

Then what is this thread about?  I'm confused.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 03, 2012, 01:51:05 PM

Its about eliminating the Kneel down because its a stupid play. You run a normal play then you will be prepared for the other team trying to get the ball back. Problem solved.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#70 : December 03, 2012, 01:53:49 PM

punching players after a play is over

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 03, 2012, 01:55:15 PM

punching players after a play is over

So....cheap shots because players aren't liking that we bullrush the QB?  You mean exactly what I'm saying?

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#72 : December 03, 2012, 01:57:36 PM

They shouldn't even run those plays.  Have the option of not snapping it and getting a delay call with loss of down and time run off.

Yeah , because that's fair to the defense in a one score game...

The option of not snapping it ? That's friggin ridiculous. Why dont we just stop keeping score and make the game 2-hand touch while we're at it ?

How about instead you make it a "delay of game" if the purposely run a play that does not attempt to advance the ball ?

We may see it addressed in the offseason.  The league is all about preventing injuries nowadays.   Is there a more dangerous play that those last second scrums?

Yes, kickoffs are far more dangerous.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#73 : December 03, 2012, 02:13:58 PM

This was always the problem with doing this stuff.  Not that it was illegal, but if I'm an offensive lineman against the Bucs in a kneeldown, I'm thinking that I'm (legally) going to go after the D-lineman's knees if they come after us. If they feel disrespected, they'll dish it back.  Now, Denver went a little over the top this time, but it's a risk/reward proposition.  If other teams feel the Bucs are disrespecting them, then there is a potential injury concern down the line.

I though this is what you were saying?

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#74 : December 03, 2012, 02:19:28 PM

I'm just saying that it could be heading that way.  Players are clearly taking exception to it.  They think it's bush-league, whether that's right or wrong.  And if they think it's bush-league, then there are going to be cheap shots.  How severe the cheap shots are, only time will tell.  It's just something to take into account when doing this.  You can't say "it's a good, hard play" in a vacuum without the possible repercussions.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools