Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#90 : December 03, 2012, 03:32:51 PM

Your description of it makes me think we should try that on every play.

+1

Draft Aaron Donald

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#91 : December 03, 2012, 03:32:52 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

If it leads to other teams cheap shotting the team, it absolutely is this team's problem.  And if it's not, then we shouldn't be complaining about other teams getting angry about it.  You can't have it both ways.

FWIW, I have no problem with the Bucs doing this.  I also have no problem with teams getting angry about it and shoving our players after the play ends.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#92 : December 03, 2012, 03:36:23 PM

" - especially when that guy is the center and he's not even looking up at the time he's being hit."

Why does the center not have his head up when he's snapping the ball? Better get that idiot out of there before he gets himself hurt.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#93 : December 03, 2012, 03:37:14 PM

Watch an NFL game.   The center may not be looking up all the time, but looks up just before he snaps the ball.  He's not always looking up.   If they jump offsides before the snap, they could hit him when he's not looking up.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#94 : December 03, 2012, 03:38:53 PM

Your description of it makes me think we should try that on every play.

+1

Pissing away 3 guys on the center would be pretty stupid every play.   That leaves 8 guys to stop 10.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#95 : December 03, 2012, 03:38:57 PM

The "repercussions" arent this teams problem. They do whats told of them which is to keep fighting until the final whistle. If the other team has a problem with rushing the kneeldown thats their issue. Not this teams. And I seriously doubt anybody is gonna get hurt over this. Our guys are clear that they arent trying to hurt anybody. What happened after the play is no different than some scrums that happen earlier in games. The players cant go out there and play scared. They do their job and thats it. The kneel down bull rush is to get the ball back. Nothing more nothing less.

If it leads to other teams cheap shotting the team, it absolutely is this team's problem.  And if it's not, then we shouldn't be complaining about other teams getting angry about it.  You can't have it both ways.

No complaining here but I think those are things you dont have control over. You do have control over trying to get the ball back. Whether or not the other team understands that and thinks your trying to hurt them isnt your problem and its not their job to worry about what the other team is going to do. Their job is to get the ball back. As far as they are concerned there is still time on the clock to do so. I see no problem with what we are doing. If the other team wants to be cheap then by all means. Its not gonna look bad on my team in my opinion but the other team is the one that looks classless to me. I still dont think any of that will lead to your guy getting hurt. This is all hypotheticals here. If a guy is really that angry about this and hurts a guy from our team, hes gonna get the suspension. Not our guys. If they get hurt, its not because our guys. Its because they have a loose head on their team overreacting to the defense still playing football. So yes it would suck to have our guy get hurt but Id look very down on the guy hurting our guy. Not the other way around. Our guys are clearly not trying to hurt anybody. Anybody who says elsewise are really looking for an agenda and its clear to me. So no need to try to convince me otherwise.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#96 : December 03, 2012, 03:38:59 PM

And that could happen on any play.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#97 : December 03, 2012, 03:39:56 PM

And that could happen on any play.

Not with 3 guys hitting one.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#98 : December 03, 2012, 03:41:26 PM

You seem to think these centers are delicate little creatures.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#99 : December 03, 2012, 03:43:15 PM

They are in a more vulnerable position than anyone on the field.    Rush 3 guys into a tackle or guard, no problem.    But the center has one arm taken by the ball and has to be in a different stance than the others.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#100 : December 03, 2012, 03:44:03 PM

No complaining here but I think those are things you dont have control over. You do have control over trying to get the ball back. Whether or not the other team understands that and thinks your trying to hurt them isnt your problem and its not their job to worry about what the other team is going to do. Their job is to get the ball back. As far as they are concerned there is still time on the clock to do so. I see no problem with what we are doing. If the other team wants to be cheap then by all means. Its not gonna look bad on my team in my opinion but the other team is the one that looks classless to me. I still dont think any of that will lead to your guy getting hurt. This is all hypotheticals here. If a guy is really that angry about this and hurts a guy from our team, hes gonna get the suspension. Not our guys. If they get hurt, its not because our guys. Its because they have a loose head on their team overreacting to the defense still playing football. So yes it would suck to have our guy get hurt but Id look very down on the guy hurting our guy. Not the other way around. Our guys are clearly not trying to hurt anybody. Anybody who says elsewise are really looking for an agenda and its clear to me. So no need to try to convince me otherwise.

Ok, that's fine.  But saying we can't control it is wrong.  We can stop doing it when we know that other teams are taking exception to it.  This isn't a simple right or wrong.  This is "is the juice worth the squeeze?".  And if other teams are going to start cheap shotting us, which is clear that they are since they did yesterday, the question is, is it worth it for a low percentage play. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#101 : December 03, 2012, 03:47:15 PM

We know you dont like the play Java and I know others dont like it. Its a matter of opinion here. You guys know where I stand on it. One thing is for sure, it doesnt matter what Java, I, or anybody else thinks about this play because Schiano doesnt care what anybody thinks. He doesnt care if somebody thinks hes trying to be cheap or hurt people. He wants to win games. Hes gonna do it if theres still a chance to win. I dig that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#102 : December 03, 2012, 03:48:32 PM

And if other teams are going to start cheap shotting us, which is clear that they are since they did yesterday, the question is, is it worth it for a low percentage play.

And the refs are allowing the other team to cheap shot the Bucs since they have zero respect for Schiano and his bush league college crap.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#103 : December 03, 2012, 03:54:15 PM

If this big ass 300 lb. behemoth is feeling a little vulnerable, maybe he could ask his two 300 lb. friends standing to his left, or his other two 300lb. friends standing to his right to help him out a little with the defensive linemen he gets to take by surprise every single play he's on the field?

This is really getting absolutely **CENSORED**ing absurd.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#104 : December 03, 2012, 03:54:47 PM

Ok, that's fine.  But saying we can't control it is wrong.  We can stop doing it when we know that other teams are taking exception to it.  This isn't a simple right or wrong.  This is "is the juice worth the squeeze?".  And if other teams are going to start cheap shotting us, which is clear that they are since they did yesterday, the question is, is it worth it for a low percentage play.

Its not wrong because if you choose to run the play, you run the play to the best of your abilities. What they do is on them. How they handle it is on them. You stop doing the play because your scared to get hurt, then your quitting. Bottom line. Your saying you beat us and thats it. Thats the way it has been done. Schiano doesnt want to quit. I agree with that. Run the play to the best of your ability and let the play take care of itself. It worked a few  times at Rutgers so it could work here. Nobody ever got hurt there so why not use it here? No law against it. Our guys arent trying to hurt anybody. This league is watching closely for that stuff nowdays. You know your players are gonna be protected for the most part with that. I say the chance of getting hurt is lower than you think while it still remains a higher chance to get the ball back than not running the play. Its a no brainer to me. Honestly surprised more people werent doing this. I swear we werent the first ones because I feel Ive seen many teams try to get the ball back in kneel downs. Some reason its brought up now.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where are the refs at post kneel-down play? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools